2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I have seen somewhere it got some graphics help by a company that helped with DQXI.  Big companies outsource stuff like UI or whatnot, so it's a tenuous link at best, and now I can't find that info.  It was in an earlier article.

Nintendo mentions that ILCA, Inc. is the main developer for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl.

And ILCA, Inc.'s website mentions working on Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Quest XI S.

Anyway, considering that I wasn't interested in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield at all, I have to applaud Game Freak for making me interested in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

Nintendo mentions that ILCA, Inc. is the main developer for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl.
And ILCA, Inc.'s website mentions working on Dragon Quest XI and Dragon Quest XI S.
Anyway, considering that I wasn't interested in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield at all, I have to applaud Game Freak for making me interested in Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
Thanks! I knew I saw it somewhere. OK, so it's with the remakes of Diamond and Pearl. I was confused as to which of the two I'd seen that on earlier
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Happy 25th birthday, Pocket Monsters!

Happy birthday to Ruby and Sapphire, my favorite generation.

• Like 1
Happy birthday to Ruby and Sapphire, my favorite generation.
You didn't say Happy Birthday Gen IV or whatever those are. Twinsies!
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

do folks still play Pokemon Go? I started it a year and half ago. At level 35 right now. Just learned how to evolve Magneton today and he became a 2900 CP Magnezone. Not bad. my second highest under 3233 Metagross.

Which means I probably dont want to run into fire types in the high level metagame

• Like 1
do folks still play Pokemon Go? I started it a year and half ago. At level 35 right now. Just learned how to evolve Magneton today and he became a 2900 CP Magnezone. Not bad. my second highest under 3233 Metagross.

Which means I probably dont want to run into fire types in the high level metagame
I think@eal still does.

I play it regularly but I can go a few days without catching anything. I’m blessed to live right next to a gym; I don’t even need to leave my apartment! And the addition of remote raid passes have been a godsend. I can actually go for legendary Pokémon with other players in Raids.

Speaking of Pokémon! I was feeling nostalgic and decided it would be fun to collect the Neo series of the TCG. It’s the start of the Gen II series of cards, and the whole thing fits neatly into my binder. I don’t plan on completing it anytime so though since a small handful of cards are decently expensive.

• Like 1

Unfortunately now is a very bad time for the card game, for new and older sets alike. Logan Paul did a pack opening video and just ignited a huge trend of people not even into Pokemon buying them up for youtube videos like that. Hoarding and scalping it out of control. My local stores have been consistently cleaned out since December.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was sorta following this because there was a funny situation where a bunch of idiots who didn’t know anything about Pokémon cards bought Base Set box from the shady dude who sold a box to Logan Paul and found out they were scammed live on stream.

Unfortunately now is a very bad time for the card game, for new and older sets alike. Logan Paul did a pack opening video and just ignited a huge trend of people not even into Pokemon buying them up for youtube videos like that. Hoarding and scalping it out of control. My local stores have been consistently cleaned out since December.
I just started getting all the theme decks for my son since December '19 and have noticed the huge drop in inventory. Even Walmarts are cleaned out, empty display boxes on the Shelves

would really like a shiny Zygarde. No one seems to like that guy lol

12 hours ago, Ice Dragon 19 said:

IMG_20200728_234610.jpg

What on earth Pokemon is that?

Youngster Ben likes shorts, because they're comfy and easy to wear. I made him into a Planeswalker for MTG:

12 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

What on earth Pokemon is that?

Runerigus (i think that's how it's spelt) the evolved form of galarian Yamask. It's a pretty creepy pokemon but one of the most annoying to evolve as it has a special method. your Yamask must be hit pretty badly in a single shot but not enough to faint it, then you take your weakened Yamask under this rock section in the wild area where it evolves into that. 

It's based on Norse paintings apparently, especially as it dons a serpent. It's a ground/ghost type plus very underrated 

actually the wiki mentions the origins: 

Runerigus is based on a living rune stone from Britain and Scandinavia. More specifically, it may be based on the Swedish Ingvar runestones, strange runes that commonly carry snake-like symbols on them to commemorate important events in the Vikings history, most of which are used to resemble the death of an important person, hence the Ghost-typing. Its pattern might be analogous to the mythical creature Lindworm, a snake-like dragon that hid inside of rocks and mountains (which may have also been the inspiration for Applin) or Apep, the Egyptian god of chaos, often resembled by using a snake.

Its difficult evolution method is based on Buddhist purgatory.

it's got a pretty dark pokedex entry as well

Sword- A powerful curse was woven into an ancient painting. After absorbing the spirit of a Yamask, the painting began to move.

Shield-Never touch its shadow-like body, or you'll be shown the horrific memories behind the picture carved into it.

Normally it's stone slab is a darker grey while it's serpent lines are red and it's eye is purple
that one i posted is it's shiny form that i hatched as a shiny Galarian Yamask, i'm surprised it was female as well

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ice Dragon 19 said:

your Yamask must be hit pretty badly in a single shot but not enough to faint it,

I wonder if you can use a Focus Sash or the move Endure for it.

Or even walk around poisoned until its weak, then use an Antidote?

2 hours ago, Wes said:

I wonder if you can use a Focus Sash or the move Endure for it.

Or even walk around poisoned until its weak, then use an Antidote?

yes i used a focus sash, it makes things so much easier 

17 hours ago, Fates said:

would really like a shiny Zygarde. No one seems to like that guy lol

Shiny Zygarde is pretty popular but in Crown Tundra it is so hard to get. I would say that it is the most difficult legendary to face in the legend raids let alone to shiny hunt it, because it uses moves that hit the entire party plus at half health it will transform to it's 100% form which heals it plus it can move twice AKA double lands wrath. 

My recommendations if you ever plan on getting a shiny:

* Go for the Ice types (dragon and Fairy are okay but i'd avoid dragon as Zygarde has Dragon Pulse but also Ice types are more powerful against Zygarde and there is the chance to freeze it)

* Get the shiny charm, which you get rewarded after completing the dex (not counting the DLC pokedex's) it makes things a lot easier plus it lowers the odds of getting a shiny (for legends raid the odds are 1 in every 100 with the charm) 

* If you find a pokemon with wide gaurd make sure you or another team member has it because you want one person spamming that move as it will protect all your team's Pokemon from Lands wrath (it can be a real life saver) Zygarde is very likely to use lands wrath twice in a row.

* If you get the Alolan Sandslash i recommend you use swords dance one or two times at the start of the turn against Zygarde as it boosts your attack sharply making your moves more powerful. 

* Sometimes the random hired pokemon options can suck, it IS possible to beat it without any ice types if you are lucky but you'd want at least two ice types or even ice type moves on non ice types. If lucky you could even have a full team of ice types. Either way careful of your type options, especially types that are weak to dragon and ground type moves. 

* After beating any pokemon remember to CATCH them at all times not just Zygarde because chances are you will encounter random shinies when grinding. Also always use Premier balls because they are the cheapest to get at 1 Dynite Ore each, and seeing as grinding will grant you around 8 DO each then you will end up getting hundreds of these balls and they will always catch anyway during the raids. 

* You will need a lot of patience, it took me days (weeks even) of grinding Zygarde till i got mine so be in for a long road of frustration, and random people online may not pick the best mons for the job (and watch out for NPCs) 

* You CAN skip it's 100% form if you are successful in fainting it before it's health reaches the middle (when the bar is yellow and past that that's the trigger) If your team are able to do that then that makes things a heck of a lot easier, mostly ice type moves. You would need to lower it's health to 0 on the same turn as soon as you hit the middle health mark otherwise regardless of how low it's health is it will ALWAYS transform healing it a little and gaining two move turns which is often the dreaded Lands wrath. 

* Status conditions are very useful. Paralyzing, Freeze, Poison, Burn, confusion and Sleep can be really helpful but might not last long, but Freeze is the best personally as you would be spamming ice type moves which are super effective against it anyway (even if sleeping or frozen Zygarde will still transform but will remain asleep or frozen until whenever they wake up or thaw themselves out on their turn) 

* If you succeed in catching it then make sure you always check every caught pokemon in the results screen as that is the only way you can tell if they are shiny, if not then don't take the Zygarde whatever you do as the game will auto save right after which would make it impossible to shiny hunt Zygarde on that save again. 

On 3/18/2021 at 7:36 PM, Fates said:

On 3/18/2021 at 7:56 PM, eal said:

Yeah, I was sorta following this because there was a funny situation where a bunch of idiots who didn’t know anything about Pokémon cards bought Base Set box from the shady dude who sold a box to Logan Paul and found out they were scammed live on stream.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:09 PM, Plattym3 said:
On 3/18/2021 at 7:36 PM, Fates said:

I just started getting all the theme decks for my son since December '19 and have noticed the huge drop in inventory. Even Walmarts are cleaned out, empty display boxes on the Shelves

Yup, my brother, my dad, and I all got wayyyy back into about three years ago. I’ve still got about 25 Celestial Storm boosters unopened in my game room. 

I saw some Vivid Voltage boosters at a local shop and almost bought some but for now I’ll keep slowly opening my DQ TCG packs.

....I’m considering keeping the CS packs sealed forever and ever!

Sometimes i really don't get people... 

internet in a nutshell, some well known person decides to do something online that's pretty underrated in general just for a YouTube/Twitch stream, immediately everyone wants to copy and join in along with the excuse that people can scalp the craze for inflated prices for their own benefit. 

That's basically whats happening to pokemon cards now, years before they were not even as popular as Yu Gi Oh cards but now thanks to YouTube or any other stream service everyone are trying to get the cards just to unbox them, not because they love pokemon (they might do) but generally for internet fame and money. 

If you guys have any Pokemon cards keep them, treasure them for years to come. 

Edited by Ice Dragon 19
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Ice Dragon 19 said:

Sometimes i really don't get people... 

internet in a nutshell, some well known person decides to do something online that's pretty underrated in general just for a YouTube/Twitch stream, immediately everyone wants to copy and join in along with the excuse that people can scalp the craze for inflated prices for their own benefit. 

That's basically whats happening to pokemon cards now, years before they were not even as popular as Yu Gi Oh cards but now thanks to YouTube or any other stream service everyone are trying to get the cards just to unbox them, not because they love pokemon (they might do) but generally for internet fame and money. 

If you guys have any Pokemon cards keep them, treasure them for years to come. 

Meh, I’m okay with people enjoying the hobby in any form, even online promoting. Scalpers on the other hand, I don’t think anyone is a fan of those guys. 

Also, I’d imagine retail theft of Pokémon cards has gone way up. I remember back in the 90’s a lot of stores had little vouchers you had to grab as they kept the actual cards under lock and key.