I'm sure everyone's seen the rumor from a few places that remakes of Diamond & Pearl are coming this year. Barely remember anything about those games except for that's the first Pokémon game I got on release day. Heck, it's the first I got in the initial release year. I was years behind on Pokémon until then.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm sure everyone's seen the rumor from a few places that remakes of Diamond & Pearl are coming this year. Barely remember anything about those games except for that's the first Pokémon game I got on release day. Heck, it's the first I got in the initial release year. emoji12.png I was years behind on Pokémon until then.

Diamond and Pearl was when I lost interest in the series. I remember them being covered in Nintendo Power several times but I never felt excited about them like I had with Ruby and Sapphire a few years prior. Not sure what happened in between that caused me to lose interest, at least in the main games, but there you go.

44 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm sure everyone's seen the rumor from a few places that remakes of Diamond & Pearl are coming this year. Barely remember anything about those games except for that's the first Pokémon game I got on release day. Heck, it's the first I got in the initial release year. emoji12.png I was years behind on Pokémon until then.

If they do remake it, they better do a thorough job of fixing numerous problems with catching certain Pokémon. It’s the Pokémon game I’ve played the longest (200+ hours I believe) and it is by far the most overly complicated game to complete the Pokédex. While Gen 3 asks a lot of you by requiring numerous games (and a GameCube and spinoff Pokémon games!), Gen 4 asks a lot of you for certain Pokémon that required me going back into the archives and harvesting all my Emerald and Sapphire Pokémon out of their respective games since it would be easier than trying to catch them. I also filled in many holes by using online trading before it went down years ago.

I also wasn’t a big fan of some of the little features here and there that were prevalent in games from that Gen, making them feel overstuffed with unnecessary content, such as the Underground. I remember wasting a lot of my time running around there.

I will say, I still remember how hyped and anxious I was taking on the Elite Four. I even remember the absolute bloody massacre that was my battle with Cynthia. I somehow managed to prevail in the end, but over a decade later I find out that she is considered, bae none, the toughest Champion of them all.

I even remember the absolute bloody massacre that was my battle with Cynthia. I somehow managed to prevail in the end, but over a decade later I find out that she is considered, bae none, the toughest Champion of them all.

Cynthia is bae. Confirmed!
7bbf5d44841e475d5a22d0286a1c5b7d.jpg
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Cynthia is bae. Confirmed!
7bbf5d44841e475d5a22d0286a1c5b7d.jpg

My autocorrect still produced an accurate sentence.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 1/15/2021 at 2:20 AM, Plattym3 said:

There have been rumours for a few years now, plus supposed leaks so it's very likely we may get the remakes after all. People are also expecting Lets Go Jhoto as well plus there were theories that Sword and Shield were getting another DLC expansion that focused on the Kalos region seeing as the Galar region is based on the UK (but upside down when you look at the map) and Kalos based on France so it makes sense as the continents are close to each other. This could also mean the return of the highly requested Mega Evolutions and more gen 6 Pokemon returning. 

We just need to wait and see when the Pokemon Direct comes for Pokemon day which has promised big announcements 

Edited by Ice Dragon 19
32 minutes ago, eal said:

625C467B-E725-44C9-9120-842D5F117145.thumb.png.4c2fd3fbb36edb9af47e69b3be556b16.png

Nice work eal you are a Pokemon Master!

There’s a Pokémon presentation tomorrow morning. It’s short so I imagine they’ll maybe go into more detail on New Pokémon Snap and announce the long-rumored Gen IV remakes for the end of the year. Maybe a new spin-off game will be announced.

• Like 1

yep

• Like 1

Also someone in the Dragon Quest Discord i'm in posted this so credits to them

40 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

At some point, I'll know what generation is which game. Black? Pearl? Who knows?

Eh, let's not kid, I don't know which is which.
@eal I brought you and your 150 master trainer victories on Let's Go up last night on an RPGamer podcast. emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Still my longest playtime on Switch, at 90 hours. Of course, I’m sure more than half of that was just catching Chansey. I almost kind of want to pick it up again and do some shiny hunting to boost it up to 100. 

• Like 1

Uh oh watch out for the leaks, leaks have come out before the announcement that's in three hours 

beware...... people have been talking about it on my Discord server, you can see the spoiler at your own risk

Spoiler

One game is basically olden time Sinnoth, Breath Of The Wild meets Sinnoth. Also made by the same people that made Dragon Quest apparently

Edited by Ice Dragon 19

No problem, again read at your own risk

No problem, again read at your own risk
I abhor the concept of spoiler free. I read spoilers, read guides, check out ends of books immediately, and in general couldn't care less about the concept of the word spoiler. But, I'm not alone in that conviction I know. No worries.
  • Like 1

lol you are as troublesome as my friends on Discord XD what am i gonna do with you eh? 😁

unknown.png

HYPE!!!!!

Uh oh watch out for the leaks, leaks have come out before the announcement that's in three hours 

beware...... people have been talking about it on my Discord server, you can see the spoiler at your own risk
Spoiler

One game is basically olden time Sinnoth, Breath Of The Wild meets Sinnoth. Also made by the same people that made Dragon Quest apparently

I wasn't able to find any info that it will be developed by anyone involved with DQ. Looks like it's just Gamefreak.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

unknown.png

HYPE!!!!!
I'll never trust again.

Since I’ve played Diamond, it stands to reason I’ll pick up the Pearl version. This will be an interesting remake, just because the Gen IV games had a lot of rough edges that could use smoothing out. I always felt they were overstuffed and with bizarre methods of catching certain Pokémon. These remakes could potentially improve the old games by cutting and simplifying where necessary.

54 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

I wasn't able to find any info that it will be developed by anyone involved with DQ. Looks like it's just Gamefreak.

I have seen somewhere it got some graphics help by a company that helped with DQXI.  Big companies outsource stuff like UI or whatnot, so it's a tenuous link at best, and now I can't find that info.  It was in an earlier article.

• Like 1