6 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
8 minutes ago, eal said:
Thank you, thank you.
For the last few, I actually was watching Jrose11’s videos trying to beat Pokémon Red and Blue with just a Magikarp as inspiration. If he could do something that ridiculous than I can do this!

I've heard of those videos. They made a big splash when they came out.

Wait...wouldn’t that technically mean they didn’t do anything since Splash doesn’t do anything...?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

There’s only five and a half hours left in October 22, 2020 and Crown Tundra still hasn’t dropped. It’ll supposedly launch just on the West Coast on the 22nd at 9 PM, while East Coast losers will get to play at midnight on October 23rd.

• Like 1

The Steve/Minecraft update for Smash Ultimate didn’t hit the Midwest until 9 PM (central standard time), so the Crown Tundra MAY potentially show up at 10 PM your time eal. Just a hunch.

Anyway, I bought my first Pokémon game in 11 years yesterday. Found a physical copy of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX (inhales) and since I’ve been wanting to play it I decided to get it since I found it out in the wild. You could even say I caught it. 😉

But I’m looking forward to starting it. I remember really enjoying the original on my DS, and since I was a stupid teenager and traded in my copy to a GameStop, I’m hoping to find some fun with the game all over again via the remake. Not sure when I’ll get to it, but the adventures of Psyduck will return! In DX form, no less!

3 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The Steve/Minecraft update for Smash Ultimate didn’t hit the Midwest until 9 PM (central standard time), so the Crown Tundra MAY potentially show up at 10 PM your time eal. Just a hunch.

Anyway, I bought my first Pokémon game in 11 years yesterday. Found a physical copy of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX (inhales) and since I’ve been wanting to play it I decided to get it since I found it out in the wild. You could even say I caught it. 😉

But I’m looking forward to starting it. I remember really enjoying the original on my DS, and since I was a stupid teenager and traded in my copy to a GameStop, I’m hoping to find some fun with the game all over again via the remake. Not sure when I’ll get to it, but the adventures of Psyduck will return! In DX form, no less!

If you like it, you should consider giving Explorers of Time a look.......

22 minutes ago, eal said:

If you like it, you should consider giving Explorers of Time a look.......

I’m hoping they remake that one next.

The story for Crown Tundra is blah but I’m happy to say that Dynamax Adventures are super fun to do, especially online with others. This is a great solution to Pokémon’s growing problem with Legendaries. It posses a bit of a challenge but isn’t ridiculously hard, and you’re guaranteed to catch it if you defeat it.

Unlikely but if anyone wants to help a brother out who only has Shield, I’d be very happy if someone wanted to trade their:

1. Stonjourner 

2. Turtonator

3. Glastrier

4. Regidrago

I’ll basically give whatever Pokémon you need since this is all I think I need that are unobtainable to me at the moment.

• Like 1
Unlikely but if anyone wants to help a brother out who only has Shield, I’d be very happy if someone wanted to trade their:
1. Stonjourner 
2. Turtonator
3. Glastrier
4. Regidrago
I’ll basically give whatever Pokémon you need since this is all I think I need that are unobtainable to me at the moment.
I would in a couple weeks, but the kids are dying for Shield.
5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I would in a couple weeks, but the kids are dying for Shield. emoji2369.png

It is objectively the better game. Melony is a Shield-exclusive gym leader.

CB4BD32E-43B5-4F49-81CA-4BF9CE9D658D.jpeg.b10d308413171e504efcb9babfe5575c.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh, you have Shield and need the Sword exclusives?

I might be able to help.... I'd have to dust off my game though, it's been a while. I haven't gotten in to the recent gens as much as some of the earlier/middle stuff.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bluestar said:

Oh, you have Shield and need the Sword exclusives?

I might be able to help.... I'd have to dust off my game though, it's been a while. I haven't gotten in to the recent gens as much as some of the earlier/middle stuff.

Cool, that’d be nice of you! Forgot to add to that list the Sword legendary mascot. If you have Zacien I can swap with a Zamazenta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eal said:

Cool, that’d be nice of you! Forgot to add to that list the Sword legendary mascot. If you have Zacien I can swap with a Zamazenta.

I should add that I don't think I got very far before getting sidetracked by DQXI-S.... but I'll see if I can't put in some time later this week to close that gap a little bit. I've been looking for an excuse to pick it up again!

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I should add that I don't think I got very far before getting sidetracked by DQXI-S.... but I'll see if I can't put in some time later this week to close that gap a little bit. I've been looking for an excuse to pick it up again!

lol I appreciate the offer but don’t rush yourself or get sidetracked over it. I’m in no rush, I got plenty to do in Pokémon Shield before I start sweating completing the Pokédex. 

• Like 1

Saw the empty shelf space, but Walmart didn't have any Pokémon Shield or Sword + DLC games today. Not too concerned, they've got stacks of the "limited" Mario games, so I'll guess they get more in soon.

Got it at Walmart for $80. The elderly gentleman who opened the case and took it out asked me (in a hushed tone like it was a big secret) if these video games were really as small as a postage stamp, becuase someone told him that recently. I confirmed that much was true. I was going to tell him what they tasted like too, but since I didn't have any first-hand knowledge of this, I passed.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

Got it at Walmart for $80. The elderly gentleman who opened the case and took it out asked me (in a hushed tone like it was a big secret) if these video games were really as small as a postage stamp, becuase someone told him that recently. I confirmed that much was true. I was going to tell him what they tasted like too, but since I didn't have any first-hand knowledge of this, I passed.

You would've confused him.

And you would've confused his next customer when he asked them "Do these video games really taste like jelly? Plattym was telling me they taste like grape jelly..."

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Should have told him they taste like chocolate.

Whenever I have to ask a Walmart associate to open the game case, there’s always some kind of (stupid) comment made. Back when I picked up Smash Ultimate I got it from Walmart, and the kid who helped me out asked if I had ever played a Smash game before. He then started telling me how fantastic Melee was and so on. This was someone who must have been about 18 or so. I just looked at him and said “I’ve been playing Smash Bros. since the original on the N64. I grew up with it.” Not gonna lie, the way the kid went quiet made me laugh afterwards.

• Like 1

There’s a uniquely bizarre awkwardness exclusive to stores like Walmart and Target where you have to hunt down an associate, tell them you want a game out of the case, walk them over to it, and declare out loud to them which game you want (because silently pointing at it would give off the vibe that you’re embarrassed to be buying it). Then, they spend about 30 seconds fumbling with the case while you stand awkwardly next to them. Then, they walk you over to their register and you either get it in another case that will have to be opened later at a front end register or pay for it then and there.

• Like 3