• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Ninetails.

Posted Images

Found this yesterday and got a good laugh from it. I totally read the hashtag as what’s in the cat portion.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Grinding out Master Trainers in Let’s Go Eevee. I’ve done about 25 so far. Hoping to have them all done by the end of September.

Grinding out Master Trainers in Let’s Go Eevee. I’ve done about 25 so far. Hoping to have them all done by the end of September.
Are those the one there are 150 of?
12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
23 minutes ago, eal said:

Are those the one there are 150 of?

153, actually. Meltan and Melmetal from Pokémon Go have Master Trainers.

It’s actually not all that hard. Level grinding with the Chansey in Cerulean Cave takes a bit to get going, but after catching a few, you can average over 10,000 exp. per Chansey easy. You can level grind 6 Pokémon at a time, and after you beat their Master Trainer, you can give them a Rare Candy to get them to evolve quickly. After getting Bulbasaur to level 94, I beat all three Master Trainers in his evolutionary line in maybe 5 minutes. And Legendaries and Ditto just need to be level 100. They don’t see battle at all.

As for battle strategies, a few can learn 1-hit KO moves that you can take advantage of. However, for the most part, you’re going to be spamming Toxic, Protect, Reflect/Light Screen, and maybe Substitute, although I haven’t had much luck with it. The real grinds are gonna be Pokémon like Metapod and Kakuna and Magikarp. I’m at 28 now since I last posted, technically 29 since I have a level 100 Mewtwo I haven’t brought to his Master Trainer yet.

If the Magikarp Master Trainer is the Magikarp Salesman from the anime I’d be so disappointed. Him tricking James in the original show into buying a Magikarp was funny, especially how it turns on James the instant it turns into Gyrados.

I printed out a list with pictures of every Gen 1 Pokémon, and I’ve been slowly crossing them out as I beat the Master Trainers. As of right now, I’m nearly halfway there. Just today, I beat both the Caterpie and Metapod Master Trainers, and let me tell you...

I loaded them up with Caterpie Candy and used a PP Max on its Tackle and even then I just managed to defeat the Metapod before running out of PP for Tackle. It was all thanks to the three crits I managed throughout the 15 minute battle. And I’ll have to do this again with Weedle and Kakuna too.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, eal said:

I printed out a list with pictures of every Gen 1 Pokémon, and I’ve been slowly crossing them out as I beat the Master Trainers. As of right now, I’m nearly halfway there. Just today, I beat both the Caterpie and Metapod Master Trainers, and let me tell you...

I loaded them up with Caterpie Candy and used a PP Max on its Tackle and even then I just managed to defeat the Metapod before running out of PP for Tackle. It was all thanks to the three crits I managed throughout the 15 minute battle. And I’ll have to do this again with Weedle and Kakuna too.

Wait, you have to fight the Master trainers with that particular Pokémon too? Man, that’s rough, especially for those early Bug Pokémon. Is there a reward for defeating all the Master trainers?

29 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Wait, you have to fight the Master trainers with that particular Pokémon too? Man, that’s rough, especially for those early Bug Pokémon. Is there a reward for defeating all the Master trainers?

Yeah, basically you fight a ‘roided out version of one of the 151 (plus Meltan and Melmetal) Pokémon with your own. But if you were to send out a vanilla version of, say, Mankey, you’re likely to get your ass handed to you, especially if you’re fighting on an even playing field and both your Pokémon are level 65. Your opponent has incredibly high stats and you can’t use anything in your bag. 

There are a couple strategies that can earn you a win so long as your Pokémon can take a few hits, such as using some combination of Toxic, Reflect/Light Screen, Protect, Substitute, but this strategy won’t work on all of them. You need to level grind Chansey, which will net you tens of thousands of exp and Health Candies, which you can use to beef up you Pokémon’s HP if they need it.

You’d be surprised at which ones ended up being easy and which ones hard. Like, I defeated the Charizard Master Trainer in one hit, yet it took me 15 minutes to beat a Metapod.

As for what you get as a reward, basically just a sense of pride and accomplishment lol. Also a title for each Pokémon (Muk Master, Pikachu Master, etc.).

45 minutes ago, eal said:

Yeah, basically you fight a ‘roided out version of one of the 151 (plus Meltan and Melmetal) Pokémon with your own. But if you were to send out a vanilla version of, say, Mankey, you’re likely to get your ass handed to you, especially if you’re fighting on an even playing field and both your Pokémon are level 65. Your opponent has incredibly high stats and you can’t use anything in your bag. 

There are a couple strategies that can earn you a win so long as your Pokémon can take a few hits, such as using some combination of Toxic, Reflect/Light Screen, Protect, Substitute, but this strategy won’t work on all of them. You need to level grind Chansey, which will net you tens of thousands of exp and Health Candies, which you can use to beef up you Pokémon’s HP if they need it.

You’d be surprised at which ones ended up being easy and which ones hard. Like, I defeated the Charizard Master Trainer in one hit, yet it took me 15 minutes to beat a Metapod.

As for what you get as a reward, basically just a sense of pride and accomplishment lol. Also a title for each Pokémon (Muk Master, Pikachu Master, etc.).

Ah. I figured they’d go for the Diploma type reward like in the originals for completing the Pokédex. Just instead it’s a diploma for beating all the Master trainers. Cool you get called Master for each Pokémon though.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eal said:

Crown Tundra is coming on October 22. Love Slowking’s Galarian form. Can’t wait to play it.

Guess it's finally time to buy the game. My kids have wanted it for 6 months but I put it off for that date. Since they're getting to be like me and not wanting to play games past credits, I want to do this all in one go. 

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Guess it's finally time to buy the game. My kids have wanted it for 6 months but I put it off for that date. Since they're getting to be like me and not wanting to play games past credits, I want to do this all in one go. 

There is going to be an all in one version. Or versions I guess.

https://www.siliconera.com/new-pokemon-sword-and-shield-physical-copies-include-dlc-on-carts/

There is going to be an all in one version. Or versions I guess.
https://www.siliconera.com/new-pokemon-sword-and-shield-physical-copies-include-dlc-on-carts/
That's excellent news. One thing that I didn't add to that last post was I was going to say that I was really annoyed that I wouldn't be able to sell my DLC after all is said and done. Since I sell all my physical games once I'm done with them, I'll pay extra for that all-in-one just to turn around and sell it in January!
32 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

That's excellent news. One thing that I didn't add to that last post was I was going to say that I was really annoyed that I wouldn't be able to sell my DLC after all is said and done. Since I sell all my physical games once I'm done with them, I'll pay extra for that all-in-one just to turn around and sell it in January!

Just don't sell the game I sent you ;)

I’ve only got about 40 more Master Trainers left and it’s coming down to some toughies. Golbat in particular is going to be a nightmare, as you essentially need to have it use all its moves and leave it with Struggle if you want to win. This could take 50 turns. My goal is to complete Let’s Go! Eevee by the time the DLC for Shield comes out.

• Like 1
On 9/29/2020 at 3:40 PM, Plattym3 said:

You sent a game... emoji848.pngemoji2369.pngemoji383.png

You almost got the steps right.

Step 1: Collect video games

Step 2: emoji848.png

Step 3: emoji383.png

1 hour ago, eal said:

I’ve only got about 40 more Master Trainers left and it’s coming down to some toughies. Golbat in particular is going to be a nightmare, as you essentially need to have it use all its moves and leave it with Struggle if you want to win. This could take 50 turns. My goal is to complete Let’s Go! Eevee by the time the DLC for Shield comes out.

Reminds me of my goal to get 9.9 in Classic Mode with everyone in Smash Ultimate. There were some really difficult paths for characters, and then with some characters I’m not good with...oof.

Best of luck with your challenge, eal.

10 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Reminds me of my goal to get 9.9 in Classic Mode with everyone in Smash Ultimate. There were some really difficult paths for characters, and then with some characters I’m not good with...oof.

Best of luck with your challenge, eal.

Thanks, guv.

It’s actually not too tough, just time consuming. For the most part, you can load them up on healthy candy you get from level grinding on Chansey. Only some require going out of your way to grind Pokémon-specific candy, like Gastly, which can knock me out in one hit and I’m too slow to attack first myself.

4 hours ago, eal said:

Thanks, guv.

It’s actually not too tough, just time consuming. For the most part, you can load them up on healthy candy you get from level grinding on Chansey. Only some require going out of your way to grind Pokémon-specific candy, like Gastly, which can knock me out in one hit and I’m too slow to attack first myself.

I have thought about getting one of the Pokémon Let’s Go games. From what Platty told me of his playthrough and seeing the game in action from people I watch on YouTube it seems like an interesting take on a Pokémon main line game. It’s not something on the top of my list of games to get, but it still seems interesting.

• Like 1

Wow, this is one BIG Pokemon topic. I thought about starting a new thread for this post...

What's the most ridiculous battle that you won in Pokemon? What I mean is, a battle that you should NOT have won, but somehow did. Here's mine:

1) I think this was in Platinum. I was breeding Magikarps, and decided to talk to people in the Pokemon Center. What I didn't realize is that some people inside the Center will attack you if you talk to them. I found myself in a battle with just a level 1 Magikarp available (it knew Splash and Tackle). But the trainer had a Pokemon with no attack moves. I think it had Nasty Plot, Thunder Wave, Helping Hand, and some other move. I knocked it out by Tackling it about 32 times! (It was an electric mouse... Pichu, Minun, or Plusle. It was about lv19. The Pokemon Center was in the town where the Daycare guy lives)

2) Fire Red/Leaf Green. Agatha's Gengar used Curse on my Charizard. I switched to my lv3 HootHoot. Gengar missed (I think it used Hypnosis?). Then Gengar used Curse again, and my Hoothoot boosted over a dozen levels

Edited by Wes

Battles you shouldn’t have won happens all the time in Master Trainer battles, and literally too. My Machamp’s defense was harshly reduced and the opponent’s Machamp had boosted it’s stats with Calm Mind twice. He then landed a critical hit Brick Break. My health went to 1 because occasionally a Pokemon will stick it out so you won’t be sad if you have decent affection. Because of this, I landed the killing blow. This also happened with the Mr. Mime Master Trainer I took on right after. I literally shouldn’t have won those battles.

91 hours and 1239 Chanseys later and I’ve beaten all 153 Master Trainers and am now a Grand Master!
That's some commitment. Congratulations!!!
  • Like 1