This reminds me since I've been bouncing around gaming lately without a care for much, I need to get back to Pokémon Uranium. Back to GBA-era days!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Ninetails.

Posted Images

On 6/20/2020 at 9:34 AM, Plattym3 said:

This reminds me since I've been bouncing around gaming lately without a care for much, I need to get back to Pokémon Uranium. Back to GBA-era days!

Yes!

I've been thinking about grabbing one of the fan-hacks from the Bonanza site you turned me on to. 

• Like 1

MOBAs are one of those things that are #$*!ing massive yet somehow the general gaming audience doesn’t give a #$*! about them.

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

What? No love for the GIGANTIC Pokémon announcement today?

Seems like a lot of people are disappointed with the new game.  I saw the beginning of it but stopped watching since it didn’t look like something that’s up my alley.

• Like 1
MOBAs are one of those things that are #$*!ing massive yet somehow the general gaming audience doesn’t give a #$*! about them.
This general gaming person has never even heard that acronym before. Yeah, couldn't care less.
2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Seems like a lot of people are disappointed with the new game.  I saw the beginning of it but stopped watching since it didn’t look like something that’s up my alley.

I kept watching just in case they announced something at the end but when they started the gameplay demo and the time was almost up I lost hope.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I kept watching just in case they announced something at the end but when they started the gameplay demo and the time was almost up I lost hope.

There’s new DLC out with some more coming soon and a new Pokémon Snap. I think we’re good on Pokémon content for a good while.

36 minutes ago, eal said:

There’s new DLC out with some more coming soon and a new Pokémon Snap. I think we’re good on Pokémon content for a good while.

Pokémon fans are like women: they’re ravenous blood sucking monsters who only want more, more, MORE! Just instead of compliments, they want more games/content, and if you give it to them you get a little something in return.

“What do you mean,” some of you ask? Heh heh heh...you’ll see...

Spoiler

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

What? No love for the GIGANTIC Pokémon announcement today?

One thing I’ve seen a lot of people aren’t happy with is that they are working with a company called Tencent to make this new game. That seems to be the most common complaint. I don’t know who they are, but the name Tencent sounds familiar for some reason.

4 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

One thing I’ve seen a lot of people aren’t happy with is that they are working with a company called Tencent to make this new game. That seems to be the most common complaint. I don’t know who they are, but the name Tencent sounds familiar for some reason.

A mega-huge Chinese company that has been at the center of a lot of recent controversies due to owning a stake in multiple large companies, one of which is Activision Blizzard.

These Chinese companies might as well just be referred to as the Chinese govt itself. They usually just exist as a means for China to insert its ideology into western markets.

It's disheartening how much they are getting away with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Best Buy this morning after my doctor’s appointment and went to look at the Switch stuff since I had some free time. I go over and started looking and, I kid you not, the bottom two shelves were nothing but copies of Pokémon Sword and Shield. There was one copy of Let’s Go Eevee and a copy of Pokken Tournament DX on the shelf above, but absolutely nothing but Sword and Shield on the bottom two shelves.

Needless to say it was pretty ridiculous. Not even a single copy of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX which I was hoping to find.

• Like 1

I mean one does sell 20x as many as the other... but yeah, that's a lot different there. Now if only you could find a shelf of Ring Fit Adventure!

Just now, Plattym3 said:

I mean one does sell 20x as many as the other... but yeah, that's a lot different there. Now if only you could find a shelf of Ring Fit Adventure!

What I couldn’t believe was that the usual Nintendo games weren’t present. No Mario Odyssey, no Breath of the Wild, not even Kirby!

Meanwhile at Wal-Mart (which I ran to just after) had copies of all the current Pokémon games on Switch. Usually the Best Buy has a better selection, not the other way around!

• Like 1

You usually see stuff like that when it comes to total bombs like Fallout 76. And speaking of, my local Best Buy has literally dozens of copies of Fallout 76 steelbooks and a local Walmart’s entire bottom row was piles of it. But Pokémon Sword and Shield sold 16 million copies in a matter of weeks. It was certainly no flop.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My local comic shop randomly had an old display of 4-packs of Pokémon comics from the late 90s, which were just Americanized versions of a Pokémon manga. Naturally, I bought one.FBF5B476-F527-4065-A85E-9647138B50CB.thumb.jpeg.97475f6725828e5f35351bd956053f32.jpeg

They carry a lot of nostalgia for me. I remember reading these things all the time when we were in the process of moving from our old apartment to our first house. I misplaced all of them over time, but managed to hold onto the issue where Ash rides a Ponyta for a race the longest, to the point where it literally fell out of its cover from overuse. When I was young a not used to being away from my parents, I had a nightmare while staying with my grandparents and felt better after reading it in the bathroom in the middle of the night (there was only a lamp in the guest bedroom, not bright enough). So I’m glad I was able to get fresh copies that likely haven’t come in contact with air since the last millenium. 

• Like 1

Threw in $15 for full access to Pokémon Go Fest. I haven’t gotten the full value for it just yet but I have gotten a lot of new Pokémon and the rewards for Special Research aren’t bad.

So with Pokémon Go Fest done, I would say, all in all, that the price for participation was worthwhile. I made a mistake on Day 1 though. The biomes rotated every hour (fire, water, and grass), but didn’t realize that there were two others that had Pokémon in the rotation that I could’ve used. Such is life.

Day 2, thankfully, could be done entirely at home. You do a bunch of Team Go Rocket tasks, and at the end of it all you got a Mewtwo and a Victini and throughout the whole event you got piles of Rare Candy and Poké Balls. There were a lot of rare Pokémon that I needed to catch more of to evolve so I took advantage of that as well. I was also lucky to stumble on a Raid battle against Palkia and was even able to catch it after we defeated it. 

• Like 1

About 15 and a half hours logged on Emerald. My Team is:

Numel Lvl 20, Loudred Lvl 21, Breloom Lvl 23, Wingull Lvl 22, Gyrados Lvl 21, Marshtomp Lvl 24. 

Not bad so far. I find Numel to be a little underwhelming but I was trying to add a fire type to diversify my team. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

These Remote Raid Passes are great. This is the second time I’ve stumbled on a legendary raid with people in the lobby:

D0F9629A-5032-462B-A433-923B42757743.thumb.png.51802385978161564cc918da8e3dddf8.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...