Although it's unlikely, I would be psyched if a remake or a sequel of Pokémon Snap is announced tomorrow.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

Although it's unlikely, I would be psyched if a remake or a sequel of Pokémon Snap is announced tomorrow.
I mentioned my wife and Animal Crossings above. She's not wanted to play the Switch much. She bought Just Dance but didn't like it. She'll play party games if the kids bug her to, but rarely. Pokémon Snap though! She's talked about that for a long time!
48 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

Honestly? I can’t imagine what else they could announce, aside from maybe more details on Pokémon Sleep or the older games that are already on 3DS coming to the Switch eShop. Snap is something people have been clamoring for since the N64 days.

9 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
9 hours ago, cprmauldin said:
Fun times with Emerald on my modded GBA 

That GBA looks like you could throw it in the pool and float on it!

Disclaimer: This is not a recommended course of action.

Edited by Brother Jaybird
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Brother Jaybird said:

This is not a recommended course of action.

I recommend this course of action.

Oh, Snap! Probably won’t be until next year though, but it looks great.

Edited by eal

@Plattym3's wife is definitely going to be happy that New Pokémon Snap is coming to Nintendo Switch. The question is will New Pokémon Snap support Labo VR camera.

Edited by Dakhil
Oh, Snap! Probably won’t be until next year though, but it looks great.
Damn. I'll be pre-ordering that. My wife is dancing around.
The Direct got me in the mood to get the expansion. I was only around 25 Pokémon from completing my Pokedex so with all the new ones coming in it just got that much harder.
It did look nice. Still going to wait for that other one to drop. Me never revisiting games has rubbed off on my kids, so gotta do that in 1 shot this fall. Maybe it'll drop the Friday before Thanksgiving like many 3DS ones did.

Huh. They’re actually making a new Pokémon Snap game. That genuinely surprises me. Might keep my eye on that.

• Like 1
Huh. They’re actually making a new Pokémon Snap game. That genuinely surprises me. Might keep my eye on that.
You'll probably have to remove those shades.

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:
3 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You'll probably have to remove those shades.

I’ll need to for this. Truly the most exciting Pokémon related news today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1273240375424102401?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1273240375424102401&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.siliconera.com%2Fpokemon-smile-wants-you-to-brush-your-teeth-to-catch-pokemon%2F

FYI guys there’s going to be another Pokémon showcase next week on the 24th.

https://www.siliconera.com/another-pokemon-presents-showcase-will-be-streamed-next-week-on-june-24/

20 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
20 hours ago, cprmauldin said:
Fun times with Emerald on my modded GBA 
387CF1DE-3354-4D0B-A901-61831CD0F656.thumb.jpeg.8246fe44ab13a5baed8b60f37d664d23.jpeg

That GBA looks like you could throw it in the pool and float on it! It's so bright and pretty!

Thanks! Funny my brother said it looked like a pool toy too!

18 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Does that GBA have a backlight/lit screen like the GBA SP?

Yep, I found someone on Reddit who does custom Mods and had them put this together with the backlit screen. It is an absolute blast to play. I'm thinking of having the same person do a modded GBC for me (even though I know I can play my GBC games on this).

10 hours ago, Brother Jaybird said:

Disclaimer: This is not a recommended course of action.

Correct, though wouldn't a waterproof GBA be cool? I could actually sit on a pool floatie and play!

I’ve barely touched the new content in Isle of Armor. I’ve mostly been running around catching some of the newly added Pokémon. I’m gonna see what the new content is like tomorrow.

• Like 1

I’ve got the story rolling a bit. I’m on the second trial. I also did a lot more Pokémon hunting. I like that the Diglett hunting side quest earns you Alolan Pokémon. I also went to the trouble of evolving my Galarian Slowpoke into a Slowbro, whose design I love so much I’m thinking about making him a part of my normal party. Can’t wait to see what Slowking looks like.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

I had a laugh at this, especially the Wailord bits.

Oh yeah, the walking animations are #$*!ing awful, and the bigger Pokémon get in the way and pop in and out. As far as I can tell, you can’t choose which Pokémon walks with you, it’s only the first Pokémon in your party, so my Dusknoir ends up getting in the way while I ride around looking for the hidden Digletts.

I love the comments section where someone tried to explain why there's so much criticism. They compared it to a favorite uncle that used to take them to buy ice cream now turning into an alcoholic that throws rocks at pigeons.

My hot take: I don't give a flying #$*!. I started playing Pokémon on GBA while I had my PS2. I've never played a Pokémon game that I thought looked good, and hostley I don't care. Since I don't play competively or care about catching them all, it's baby's first rpg for me. Like a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese. No matter what package you put it in, it's cheap powdered cheese and noodles. And I'm fine with that.

I think they should have put a bit more effort into animations and some other things, but I don’t really care either. Pokémon’s a series I‘ve lost interest in when it comes to the main games, so its whatever with those. Spin offs like Mystery Dungeon DX and the new Pokémon Snap are more of what I like from the series nowadays.

I just find the “High Quality Animation,” videos funny, namely this one because the Wailord bits got me laughing pretty good. It’s one of the Pokémon I really liked from gen 3, so I think that’s why it got me.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I love the comments section where someone tried to explain why there's so much criticism. They compared it to a favorite uncle that used to take them to buy ice cream now turning into an alcoholic that throws rocks at pigeons.

My hot take: I don't give a flying #$*!. I started playing Pokémon on GBA while I had my PS2. I've never played a Pokémon game that I thought looked good, and hostley I don't care. Since I don't play competively or care about catching them all, it's baby's first rpg for me. Like a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese. No matter what package you put it in, it's cheap powdered cheese and noodles. And I'm fine with that.

That’s the weirdest comparison ever because, to most outside observers, this is the moment Pokémon fans “finally woke up,” to the incremental changes in each game not being enough. I watched one review very recently where they basically went, “this should have been Pokémon’s Breath of the Wild”...Why? You’re just setting yourself up for disappointment because that’s a ridiculously huge leap from what they were doing on handheld and the Zelda team had been working on BotW all through the Wii U era.

The gameplay is fun and sucks me right in, in spite of every other criticism I could give to the game. I haven’t been this absorbed by a Pokémon game since SoulSilver.

• Like 1

This reminds me since I've been bouncing around gaming lately without a care for much, I need to get back to Pokémon Uranium. Back to GBA-era days!

On 6/20/2020 at 9:34 AM, Plattym3 said:

This reminds me since I've been bouncing around gaming lately without a care for much, I need to get back to Pokémon Uranium. Back to GBA-era days!

Yes!

I've been thinking about grabbing one of the fan-hacks from the Bonanza site you turned me on to. 

• Like 1