• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Been playing Let's Go Pikachu with my son. We're at 2 badges now and about to get on the S. S. Anne.

That’s about the point where I started to get into the game. Up until then it was a total slog.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Need to figure out how to trade from Pokémon Go to Let's Go, Pikachu. Missing a Alakazam in my party.

Pokemon Home or get to Fushia City to use the Go Park...or whatever it's called. Just link your Go account to your Switch and you'll have a full Pokedex in no time.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Pokemon Home or get to Fushia City to use the Go Park...or whatever it's called. Just link your Go account to your Switch and you'll have a full Pokedex in no time.

It’s #$*!ing annoying though. They basically all cluster in one spot and you have to actually catch them and they can run away, which is pointless because you can just try again. It’s a huge waste of time, and it should’ve been one throw and you get it.

• Like 1
Pokedex schmokedex. Didn't do it in Go and won't be doing it here. Alakazam is a favorite and my sons are wondering when our level 40 Kadabra will evolve. Uh, never. So, I'll transfer over either my Kadabra or just my Alakazam. Looking on the app I've opened once in 2 years, apparently I caught them 3+ years ago. I barely remember those days.
It’s #$*!ing annoying though. They basically all cluster in one spot and you have to actually catch them and they can run away, which is pointless because you can just try again. It’s a huge waste of time, and it should’ve been one throw and you get it.
Damn!
I transferred over a few & quit. The kids liked what they had, so no real need. You're right, it was unnecessarily harder than it had to be.

Caught Mewtwo today. Guess that 5 minute timer works like a football play at the end of the game. My son and I had totally written off beating him the first time as we were nowhere after 3 minutes. Then with about 3 seconds left we pressed A for the last time. Our attacks both went off after the 0:00 time, but we beat him on the 2nd blow and immediately went to capture mode. Threw our Master Ball, which in a hilarious move he batted away like it was an annoying bug. But it got him nonetheless. My sons were absolutely in awe of having him. Went and beat Green to get her Mega evolutions and then a couple gym leaders again to use them.

We might be done now. Not too sure how much more the kids want to play. Not much left to do other than level. Tried one master trainer and it was embarrassingly a one-round defeat. They're not in for that and neither am I. Damn,@eal that's some dedication to do that!
35 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I transferred over a few & quit. The kids liked what they had, so no real need. You're right, it was unnecessarily harder than it had to be.

Caught Mewtwo today. Guess that 5 minute timer works like a football play at the end of the game. My son and I had totally written off beating him the first time as we were nowhere after 3 minutes. Then with about 3 seconds left we pressed A for the last time. Our attacks both went off after the 0:00 time, but we beat him on the 2nd blow and immediately went to capture mode. Threw our Master Ball, which in a hilarious move he batted away like it was an annoying bug. But it got him nonetheless. My sons were absolutely in awe of having him. Went and beat Green to get her Mega evolutions and then a couple gym leaders again to use them.

We might be done now. Not too sure how much more the kids want to play. Not much left to do other than level. Tried one master trainer and it was embarrassingly a one-round defeat. They're not in for that and neither am I. Damn,@eal that's some dedication to do that!

It’s actually not too tough! There’s a trick. On the second floor of Cerulean Cave, if you use a Max Lure, Chansey will pop up, and if you get a decent combo string going plus a few other multipliers, you can reap crazy exp. I’ve gotten as much as 45,000 exp from a single Chansey, and I’ve seen that it’s possible to get it up to 75,000. Chansey also give out tons of Health Candy this way, so whatever I’m level grinding will often hit their ceiling on health at the very least.

Some of the master trainers have exploits too. My Diglett learned Fissure, a one-hit KO move that can land, so I beat the Diglett and Dugtrio master trainers in 2 minutes. Chansey doesn’t hit hard but I taught it Toxic and it quickly drained the opponent Chansey of health faster than it could heal itself.

• Like 1

Anyone play Pokken Tournament DX on Switch?

Never really thought about that, but my kids saw something about it today while looking up Pokemon perler bead stuff and now of course are dying to get it. They've even agreed to sell Luigi's Mansion to help pay for it. Haha

Oh boy, it may be ON now. Kids saw I had Ultra Moon and since I'd been playing Radiant Historia on my 3DS I sat and showed them the first 30 minutes of Ultra Moon before falling asleep. They played the next hour and are doing well.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, eal said:

Pokémon is an RPG gateway drug.

I’d say it was Dragon Quest for his kids. DQ was my intro to RPGs too back with Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 and both 2 games.

Having said that, if Platty’s kids ever want to play a Final Fantasy game now that they are playing more RPGs he may end up disowning them.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
I’d say it was Dragon Quest for his kids. DQ was my intro to RPGs too back with Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 and both 2 games.
Having said that, if Platty’s kids ever want to play a Final Fantasy game now that they are playing more RPGs he may end up disowning them.
Final Fantasy!? I don't keep that in the house! No chance of accidentally seeing that.
13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Final Fantasy!? I don't keep that emoji90.png in the house! No chance of accidentally seeing that.

Give it time. They’ll learn to use the internet to look for games and it will eventually lead them to it. Especially since their dad has introduced them to Square Enix. 😜

“Dad, my favorite game is Final Fantasy XII.” - Platty’s son, probably.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

finally was able to get the shiny Charmander I got into a Charizard in Go yeeeeeaaaaaaahhh

looks like I got the Charmander in December, but yeah

Edited by Fates
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Yo, I get emails from the Pokemon Center store and they have some legit great stuff on there like that. Last year they had a cool Pokemon Christmas train with each piece of the train being its own unique figure.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
Fun times with Emerald on my modded GBA 
387CF1DE-3354-4D0B-A901-61831CD0F656.thumb.jpeg.8246fe44ab13a5baed8b60f37d664d23.jpeg
That GBA looks like you could throw it in the pool and float on it! It's so bright and pretty!
1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Fun times with Emerald on my modded GBA 

387CF1DE-3354-4D0B-A901-61831CD0F656.jpeg

Does that GBA have a backlight/lit screen like the GBA SP?

I’m looking forward to the DLC tomorrow, and it’s probably gonna be what I focus on for the week, but I gotta admit, I’m more excited for The Crown Tundra content than I am The Isle of Armor. The list I saw of the Pokémon they’ll add doesn’t excite me, Shield has the lamer looking rival character, the Dojo stuff doesn’t particular interest me that much. But then again I’m always glad to be proven wrong so I’m hoping what we get tomorrow is good.

I’m looking forward to the DLC tomorrow, and it’s probably gonna be what I focus on for the week, but I gotta admit, I’m more excited for The Crown Tundra content than I am The Isle of Armor. The list I saw of the Pokémon they’ll add doesn’t excite me, Shield has the lamer looking rival character, the Dojo stuff doesn’t particular interest me that much. But then again I’m always glad to be proven wrong so I’m hoping what we get tomorrow is good.
Along those lines, I had Pokémon Sword in my hands yesterday, but put it back. I'm going to wait for that 2nd DLC before I break down and buy it.

Bought my wife Animal Crossings instead. God have mercy on my soul.
1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

Along those lines, I had Pokémon Sword in my hands yesterday, but put it back. I'm going to wait for that 2nd DLC before I break down and buy it.

Bought my wife Animal Crossings instead. God have mercy on my soul.

I’m feeling like they’ll package the game with the DLC as an all-in-one and it’ll be the theoretical Pokémon Gun, the third game. Just my guess. Regardless of what other people say, I really think the game stands on its own with what’s already there, and this is just the icing on the cake. It was low on post-game stuff but that seems to be what the DLC is for and I had enough to do running around catching and trading Pokémon.

As for Animal Crossing, there’s something strange about it where even non-gamers seem obsessed with it, and in a way I don’t remember for the older games.