Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Musta been in the Resort Area on Platinum. I caught a lv.74 Magikarp there.

Nope. I caught it in a small pond in the Nature Sanctuary in Black 2 (the place that you need to have seen all the Pokemon in the Unova Dex to get the Permit to go there.... the place with the Shiny Haxorus standing in the middle of the place.).

Really? Magikarp that strong can appear there? I gotta get this game.

Well, they must be super-rare at those levels, cuz I have yet to encounter another rediculously high-leveled Magikarp again. The highest I've found since was 58 or so. I am glad I didn't pass that Lv. 94 one up.

Update: I just checked on serebii.net. Apparently, with just standard fishing, the Magikarp can appear anywhere from Lv. 1 to Lv. 100. And on a fishing spot, Gyarados can be caught within the same range (1 to 100). .....Lol, Level 1 Gyarados!

Edited by DragonGaurdian

Lv. 1 Gyrados is a cool concept. It would rule in my local Lv. 1 Tourneys.

Out of random curiosity.... what're some of the dumbest/weirdest/most-insulting-to-the-Pokemon nicknames you've ever seen (whether they be your own or another's)?

My top 2:

On the GTS on D/P/Pt, I saw a guy offering a (obviously cheated-for) Lv. 99 Shiny Geodude nicknamed ROCK BALLS.

Also on the D/P/Pt GTS, I saw someone offering a Lv. 100 Shiny Kyogre nicknamed POOP.

And a runner-up....

And old friend of mine planned to get a Tyranitar and nickname it 'Fluffy'..... I don't know whether he actually managed this or not.

My friend named them some pretty bad things. I can't even type them without them being bleeped out. But I once had a Golem(female) named Doodlebob, as in

150px-DoodleBob.svg.png

and a Sceptile named Liddomon. I also named a Ludicolo Camerupt.

Edited by Democrobot

I don't know if these fall into any of those categories, but here are some of mine:

A Scrafty named Coach Z

A Tyranitar named Ran Fan(named after a character in the first tournament in Dragon Ball)

A Magcargo named Mr. Magoo(named after an enemy in the original Kid Icarus game, also the name of a cartoon character)

A Watchog named Street Guy

A Darmanitan named Red Butler(named after a character from Rainbow Brite)

I have a few more.

A Snorlax named ZZ Top

A Charizard named Godzilla

A Venasaur named Ruasablub

My friend once had a Shieldon (which I now own, sadly) named Cucakm. I... really don't want to explain that name.

I also named my Tepig in Pokémon White as Bacon. Why, you ask?

dolan_205.png?w=490 Tepig pls

I named my Magnezone Tesla, and my Weezing Von Smog. I'm not that good as offensive name. :(

My most offensive name is my Magmar named Flamby.

I also named My Volcarona Mothra.

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

Went looking through some Pokemon of mine and I found my Shiny Electrode named-wait-for-it Shinetrode.

Mudkips...the end.

A few others I can remember:

An Espeon named Bianca

A Meganium named Marisa

A Infernape named La Mulana

Yeah, just hatched a female Charmander today.... it is currently a female Charizard named....wait for it..... Charla (yes, as a nod to the anime)! ....Aaaaand I'm currently using her to MM for a Shiny Charmander.

Charla! Hey, anybody name a Blastoise Shellshocker or a Venasaur Bruteroot (anybody get where these names came from)

I haven't(Shellshocker is one letter beyond the name limit).

Also, the first Pokemon movie.

However. I named White Hero,Lucio(from Light), Black Heroine Nera(Black), and Black 2 Oscar(From Oscuridad/Darkness).

Now, I'm planning to buy White 2, but I don't know uow to name her. Any Idea ?

Out of random curiosity.... what're some of the dumbest/weirdest/most-insulting-to-the-Pokemon nicknames you've ever seen (whether they be your own or another's)?

My top 2:

On the GTS on D/P/Pt, I saw a guy offering a (obviously cheated-for) Lv. 99 Shiny Geodude nicknamed ROCK BALLS.

Also on the D/P/Pt GTS, I saw someone offering a Lv. 100 Shiny Kyogre nicknamed POOP.

And a runner-up....

And old friend of mine planned to get a Tyranitar and nickname it 'Fluffy'..... I don't know whether he actually managed this or not.

I once had a Tyranitar named Mr. Bubbles, if that counts. I haven't seen many different nicknames because I don't use the GTS, but I did nickname every Pokemon on my team on my Black 2, and I had 40+ Pokemon on my team. I don't remember any particularly weird ones though.

I once nicknamed a Barboach as Muddy.

The other nicknames I can remember right away are from mah Digimahnz, so... No talking 'bout them on Pokemahnz topic. (-_-)

I named a Pikachu Sparky, a Charmander Zippo, and a Butterfree Happy. (anime reference)

Yeah, I know I already mentioned this one, but I nicknamed my (female) Ninetales 'Amaterasu'. I wasn't sure whether Ninetales or Arcanine would more closely resemble the sun-goddess-wolf from Okami, so I just went with Ninetales.

I named a Lavitar TarTarDip

jan8.jpg

Some more Pokemon news to be announced on January 8, 2013. I'm hoping for a remake of Ruby/Saphire.

If that's the case, I'm calling dibs on Ruby if it's confirmed(although I think my nephew will want Sapphire anyway).