Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

5 minutes ago, eal said:

It’s my understanding that the Pokémon they’re adding can be traded to someone without the DLC, but cannot be caught. The new region adds a new Pokédex.

Pokemon from the new HOME service will be able to be transferred as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eal said:

The new region adds a new Pokédex.

I hope so. I gotta fill out the Galar dex and get my shiny charm before Home drops. Unless I can use what I have in Home to finish off what I need and get the shiny charm then.

All kinds of information on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX in the link below. The game looks great with its hand drawn background artstyle, and being able to choose which Pokémon to start as if you aren’t happy with the opening quiz results is nice. Now the adventures of Psyduck can be played out again!

I just wish I could remember who I choose as my partner Pokémon. I THINK it was a grass type...?

https://www.siliconera.com/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-rescue-team-dx-introduces-new-screenshots-features/

Started up the Mystery Dungeon DX demo and wound up as Mudkip for my Pokémon. I’m not against Mudkip since that was my gen 3 starter and it’s evolution line was one of my favorites back in the day, but...well, I had to go with Psyduck. Me and that Pokémon can relate and it’s more of a personal joke at this point with the Pokémon.

Anyway, choose Chikorita as my partner because I couldn’t remember what my old one was from years ago and don’t have my copy of Blue Rescue Team anymore to check, so there we go. Only time will tell if it acts like the one from the anime went from hating everyone to clingy.

Also, I’m glad she liked my team name...😜

spacer.png

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Played some more Let's Go Pikachu, and I am furious.

There are these little events where Pikachu finds some new fixture of a city where you can interact with it and bump up Pikachu's affection (e.g. throwing money at the fountain in Cerulean City). Well, it turns out that the vending machine atop Celadon Department Store is one of them, but I couldn't interact with it properly for the affection bump because I'd already spent all my money on TMs. I had to turn Pikachu down for a soda, and even though I immediately went to go get some more cash, the event is non-renewable and I hadn't saved recently.

Pikachu's affection is Lost Forever.

Edited by JaybirdC

So I finally stared Pokemon Masters in earnest and it's pretty interesting so far. It's nice to see the major trainers getting development, and it's downright delightful to see a crossover with actual player characters not named Red in it. I'm gonna try and regulate myself to just one event per day.

So I finally stared Pokemon Masters in earnest and it's pretty interesting so far. It's nice to see the major trainers getting development, and it's downright delightful to see a crossover with actual player characters not named Red in it. I'm gonna try and regulate myself to just one event per day.
You started a mobile game when DQ Something of the Stars is coming next month!

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

You started a mobile game when DQ Something of the Stars is coming next month! emoji848.pngemoji15.pngemoji19.pngemoji17.png

Correction: I failed to start a mobile game months ago. It's been sitting on my iPad for ages. But I still intend to play Something, Something, Stars when it comes out.

• Like 1

Ah, yes. Something Stars, my favorite season of Sailor Moon.

Mine too. Those stars were really something.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, eal said:

Mine too. Those stars were really something.

My favorite star is a superstar. Particularly the kind that can jump up.

• Like 1

Welp, second day of Pokemon Masters and I've already maxed out the levels on over a dozen characters. I haven't even hit chapter 3 yet.

Day 3, and I've evolved all my available Protag and Rival pokemon as far as I could. I couldn't complete my daily missions for the first two days because I didn't know what I was doing, for starters, and when I did I simply didn't have the levels to make the battle math work out in my favor. Today, however, I did, and what a glorious feeling that is.

It's official. Bruno has the best Let's Go redesign of the lot.

340?cb=20190331224051

I keep having to register second takes to make sure he 's not possessed.

Also, I'd like to personally thank LGPE for making Vileplume creepy again. The dark ring around it's eyes is very subtle, but effective.

• Like 1

On the Pokemon Masters front, I have found Lieutenant Surge.

Who speaks, inexplicably, with a faux Patrick Warburton voice.

On the Pokemon Masters front, I have found Lieutenant Surge.
Who speaks, inexplicably, with a faux Patrick Warburton voice.
75904e1f816ad08aa63cb66e557d0379.jpg

Pokemon Masters does something interesting in that it brings a bunch of never-met characters together, which creates some new duos I hadn't thought of and inspires thought of more: Blaine and Flannery, Iris and Pryce. Much like the DQ Heroes series.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

75904e1f816ad08aa63cb66e557d0379.jpg

I read every word on that can in Warburton's voice.

• Like 1

So I seem to have hit a wall in Pokemon Masters, having discovered the limits of the available Main Story, which leaves me mostly with events and mission bingo, which is fine. Mostly I just play this game in the background while I do other tasks.

• Like 1

Pokemon Home is live. It didn't help my Pokedex too much but I'm at 343 now. I could use someone with Sword to help me finish up the exclusives and maybe some trade evolutions. 

• Like 1

Okay, gonna fess up. I turned Let's Go, Pikachu! back on today to finish up the post-game (as much of it as I care to, anyway, which basically means Cerulean Cave) and decided to take a look at the Pikachu master trainer.

Not gonna lie, naming the Pikachu master Ikue was a nice touch.

50 minutes ago, Brother Jaybird said:

Okay, gonna fess up. I turned Let's Go, Pikachu! back on today to finish up the post-game (as much of it as I care to, anyway, which basically means Cerulean Cave) and decided to take a look at the Pikachu master trainer.

Sounds like you didn’t like the game. I must have missed you mentioning that. What don’t you like about it? I wasn’t super into it in the beginning, but it grew on me after the third gym badge.

Coincidence, turned on Let's Go, Pikachu for the first time 3 days ago & have been working through it with my son. 3 hours in and we have a badge and are in the middle of the cave, just passed Team Rocket. It's Meh. I'm having fun with my son and he's starting to like the trainer battles more than just throwing balls, which is good because I've told him that's what all the regular game is like. Out of the mouths of babes, my youngest asked why we were just tossing Pokéballs and not fighting the random Pokémon walking around. Me:

1 hour ago, Brother Jaybird said:

Why was it a nice touch?