4 years from now you’ll be on here telling us about all the tournaments he’s winning.
A buddy at work goes with his 11 year old son and wins almost every month or every other. It's all store credit, hahaha. Self-sustaining business model.
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, eal said:
4 years from now you’ll be on here telling us about all the tournaments he’s winning.

A buddy at work goes with his 11 year old son and wins almost every month or every other. It's all store credit, hahaha. Self-sustaining business model.

There was a teacher at my high school that ran a Magic: The Gathering club. I‘m not into Magic but I took one of his classes and I said that he would pay for his hobby by selling the rare cards he didn’t need. At my old retail job, there was an overnight manager who bought tons of those $40 boxes of boosters and pretty much did the same thing, and sometimes made a little extra.

• Like 1
There was a teacher at my high school that ran a Magic: The Gathering club. I‘m not into Magic but I took one of his classes and I said that he would pay for his hobby by selling the rare cards he didn’t need. At my old retail job, there was an overnight manager who bought tons of those $40 boxes of boosters and pretty much did the same thing, and sometimes made a little extra.
Don't tempt me. Rare cards are pointless to us if they're not good to battle with. I could see myself doing this.

So this website is pretty cool https://www.tcgplayer.com/

I've used a website called www.bricklink.com for over a decade to buy specific Lego pieces and more often Lego pieces in bulk for projects at school (find a 2x4 piece in a color someone's selling for 2 cents each and order 400 etc for building projects). This trading card game website is pretty much the same but it doesn't just list the price the people are selling for, it gives a market value for each card. Since the minimum for free shipping was $5, I spent $5 on one guy's store and $9 on another (he had more colorless energy cards available). I'd say the cards I got were on average $0.10 above or below what the site said was fair market value.

Short Pokemon Direct.

Remaking the Rescue Team Mystery Dungeon games. They'll be out March 20, and demo out today.

Adding two new huge areas to Pokemon Sword and Shield. $30 DLC (or $30 each, not sure) for 2 new regions: one this summer, one in fall.

Here’s the video for the Direct.

Adding two new huge areas to Pokemon Sword and Shield. $30 DLC (or $30 each, not sure) for 2 new regions: one this summer, one in fall.

That's gonna be a pass for me dawg
  • Like 1

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1215281356311105536

Get ready for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX, coming to Nintendo Switch on March 6, 2020!

#PokemonMysteryDungeonDX

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1215285398361923586

The Wild Area was only the beginning. Forge a brand-new path to greatness with the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass!

#PokemonSwordShieldEX

26 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

$29.99 (USD) for each game. So if you have both games, you're paying $59.99.

Edited by Dakhil

I guess I never thought of it as being a better deal than having to buy Ultra Moon a year after Moon.

Eh, I'm years away from getting into that game anyway. But nice they're expanding.

I'll probably get the expansion but will wait or likely not get Mystery Dungeon. I know I stated before I'd like to get into them but I guess this remade one is more of a rougelike? I am all set with that. Plus Final Fantasy and Animal Crossing are that month. I will give the demo a try though, there's nothing to lose there.

• Like 1

The expansion passes are so much better than the old third version approach. 

Except when you consider you're paying a total of $90 to have an experience comparable to the previous games.

Without all of the Pokemon still.
  • Like 1
Except when you consider you're paying a total of $90 to have an experience comparable to the previous games.

Hard to argue against either valid point.
  • Like 1

Nintendo’s hidden ambition to port every game that’s ever come out to the Switch continues onward with Pokémon Mystery Dungeon! That’s awesome. That storybook aesthetic might convince me to get it in the future. I wonder what Mystery Dungeon game they should port over next.........

Also, I’m excited for the DLC. I’ll almost definitely get them upon release. 

I like a lot of what they added and if they need to do the whole “third entry is the improved version” thing, this is the better approach; cheaper then getting another $60 game and it’s added to your existing game rather than making you play through the whole thing over again or trade your Pokémon forward like you had to with the third game.

39 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Whether it’s comparable is subjective. Fun is what’s most important and I had fun with what was presented in Shield. I had more fun with Shield then I did with any Pokémon game I’ve played since SoulSilver, probably more. Myself personally, I think it’s better. But like I said, it’s subjective. Your opinion is just as valid.

• Like 2
Nintendo’s hidden ambition to port every game that’s ever come out to the Switch continues onward with Pokémon Mystery Dungeon! That’s awesome. That storybook aesthetic might convince me to get it in the future. I wonder what Mystery Dungeon game they should port over next.........
I like a lot of what they added and if they need to do the whole “third entry is the improved version” thing, this is the better approach; cheaper then getting another $60 game and it’s added to your existing game rather than making you play through the whole thing over again or trade your Pokémon forward like you had to with the third game.
Whether it’s comparable is subjective. Fun is what’s most important and I had fun with what was presented in Shield. I had more fun with Shield then I did with any Pokémon game I’ve played since SoulSilver, probably more. Myself personally, I think it’s better. But like I said, it’s subjective. Your opinion is just as valid.
Sorry, what I meant by a comparable experience was more in regards to amount of content. SwSh was crazy short. I feel like they just cut part of it out so they could sell it later for more money.
13 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
15 minutes ago, eal said:

Sorry, what I meant by a comparable experience was more in regards to amount of content. SwSh was crazy short. I feel like they just cut part of it out so they could sell it later for more money.

That depends. I hit the credits like 15-20 hours later than I usually do because I was so into running around the Wild Area catching and hatching and evolving and doing Raids. It really depends on how much you liked it. If you went straight through it probably was shorter. If you stopped and smelled the roses it was probably much longer.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'll probably get the expansion but will wait or likely not get Mystery Dungeon. I know I stated before I'd like to get into them but I guess this remade one is more of a rougelike? I am all set with that. Plus Final Fantasy and Animal Crossing are that month. I will give the demo a try though, there's nothing to lose there.

The Mystery Dungeon remake (why are we calling it a port when it’s clearly a full on remake anyway?) has me excited. Blue Rescue Team for DS was a Pokémon game I bought by chance back my interest was disappearing in the series, and I actually really liked it. Mystery Dungeon games can be fun, and I remember getting as much time out of it as I did Etrian Mystery Dungeon about 10 years later. I’m glad they have a demo so you can get a head start and experience the beginning of the game, and it might convince me to actually buy a new Pokémon game again if I like it enough.

Now all I need is to end up as Psyduck again like back in 2006 and everything will come full circle.

17 minutes ago, eal said:

It really depends on how much you liked it. If you went straight through it probably was shorter. If you stopped and smelled the roses it was probably much longer.

I think that’s the case with most RPGs. 😜

27 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The Mystery Dungeon remake (why are we calling it a port when it’s clearly a full on remake anyway?)

I’m using “port” broadly to also include remakes in this instance because of all the old games coming to the Switch.

I ended up passing on Sword and Shield because of the questionable design choices. The fact that they are adding 200 Pokemon as a FREE update is pretty great. Still dumb it isn't all of them. But it is better then nothing. The expansion is making me rethink if I should skip this gen or not. Going to wait for reviews of the first expansion and decide by then.

The new Mystery Dungeon though... Now THAT is what I wanted to see. Going to try the demo out later.

3 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

The new Mystery Dungeon though... Now THAT is what I wanted to see. Going to try the demo out later.

spacer.png

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I ended up passing on Sword and Shield because of the questionable design choices. The fact that they are adding 200 Pokemon as a FREE update is pretty great. Still dumb it isn't all of them. But it is better then nothing. The expansion is making me rethink if I should skip this gen or not. Going to wait for reviews of the first expansion and decide by then.

It’s my understanding that the Pokémon they’re adding can be traded to someone without the DLC, but cannot be caught. The new region adds a new Pokédex.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, eal said:

It’s my understanding that the Pokémon they’re adding can be traded to someone without the DLC, but cannot be caught. The new region adds a new Pokédex.

Yep. They said at the end of the direct that all the new Pokémon can be obtained through trading whether you buy the expansion passes or not.

5 minutes ago, eal said:

Pokemon from the new HOME service will be able to be transferred as well.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, eal said:

The new region adds a new Pokédex.

I hope so. I gotta fill out the Galar dex and get my shiny charm before Home drops. Unless I can use what I have in Home to finish off what I need and get the shiny charm then.

All kinds of information on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX in the link below. The game looks great with its hand drawn background artstyle, and being able to choose which Pokémon to start as if you aren’t happy with the opening quiz results is nice. Now the adventures of Psyduck can be played out again!

I just wish I could remember who I choose as my partner Pokémon. I THINK it was a grass type...?

https://www.siliconera.com/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-rescue-team-dx-introduces-new-screenshots-features/