Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

11 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

That would be great. I need my boy Tyranitar.

I dropped you a PM since it takes a little co-ordinating to trade.

19 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

That would be great. I need my boy Tyranitar.

Through separate profiles, you can have additional saves with Sword and Shield. 

If I ever get Sword or Shield, I’ll keep that in mind.

• Like 1

Beat Shield after just over 29 hours and caught about 230 Pokémon. That’s by far my highest play time before beating a Pokémon game. Of course the game everyone is annoyed by is the one I think is A+. Obviously there were some cut corners aside from just the removal of certain Pokémon and it’s not the most polished, but first and foremost I play games to have fun and I had a helluva good time playing this game and I’m gonna keep having fun as I try to polish off the Pokédex.

• Like 1

• Like 1

A Farfetch’d was generously provided by @Sword_of_Dusk. I was excited to evolve him into Sirfetch’d, only to find out that you need to get three critical hits to evolve him and was immediately disheartened. Then, I randomly bumped into the solution. I ran into a Metapod at level 60 in the Wild Area, realized that they only know Harden, backed out of the fight, taught Farfetch’d Focus Energy, and had my level 1 Farftech’s get three crits in a row and evolve at the end of the fight.

Thanks to some trades with the aforementioned Mr. Sword_of_Dusk and @DrippySlimeStar, I’m above 300 Pokémon. Mostly just need to manipulate the time on my Switch to get weather-specific Pokémon and gather a few more exclusives and rare Pokémon.

@eal

First off, my bad for not including a Leek. I should've caught a wild one to get it. It boosts crit rate.

Secondly, if you still want a Leek, I gotcha. Because it works for Sirfetch'd. And guess what happens if you use Leaf Blade while it's equipped? Crits everyday, baby!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

@eal

First off, my bad for not including a Leek. I should've caught a wild one to get it. It boosts crit rate.

Secondly, if you still want a Leek, I gotcha. Because it works for Sirfetch'd. And guess what happens if you use Leaf Blade while it's equipped? Crits everyday, baby!

lol no problem, I’m more focused on getting the Pokédex finished over anything else in the game at the moment so having an optimized team isn’t my immediate priority. I used Focus Energy and got a critical hit one after the other.

If nothing else, enjoy your Sirfetch'd being able to hit ghosts with Normal and Fighting moves.

All of you have abandoned your Lord and savior, Arceus.

/s of course

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

All of you have abandoned your Lord and savior, Arceus.

/s of course

Sad that all my favorite Pokémon were removed. Literally the only Pokémon I love that didn’t get cut was Umbreon. But I’m so happy they chopped out all the legendary Pokémon. If nothing else, I thought this was an issue long before Dexit became a thing. Who really utilized them? And the value of them being legendary was lost as soon as there got to be like 2 dozen of them. This brings them back to being more thematically appropriate as legendary now that there are less than half a dozen in the game. I wish Mew wasn’t locked behind a Pokéball Plus peripheral though.

• Like 1

I would prefer it if they stopped making legendaries altogether. As you said, a lot of people don't use them. They usually feel like cheating.

• Like 1

I would prefer it if they stopped making legendaries altogether. As you said, a lot of people don't use them. They usually feel like cheating.

They felt like prizes. Like you got a ceremonial bat for being the best on your baseball team one year. You sure didn't bring it out next year and go to bat with it. Yeah, never used them.

They felt like prizes. Like you got a ceremonial bat for being the best on your baseball team one year. You sure didn't bring it out next year and go to bat with it. Yeah, never used them.
Yeah there's that too. There's absolutely nothing special about them because everyone gets one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
16 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

This, but literally. It used to be you had to go to events to get mythical Pokémon like Mew or Celebi. Now, you just need an internet connection or to be just social enough to drive to GameStop and ask for a code card and a mythical Pokémon will just be given to you like that. I remember that year when they were giving out a legendary, sometimes multiple, every month, so long as you got a code card or had access to the Internet.

• Like 1

I never liked the need to go to an event for a legendary. "Oh, you didn't go to this rare event? Screw you then!"

The way it's done now does make them seem more common, but for someone like me, who enjoys using legends in casual battles, it's great.

• Like 1

I never liked the need to go to an event for a legendary. "Oh, you didn't go to this rare event? Screw you then!"
The way it's done now does make them seem more common, but for someone like me, who enjoys using legends in casual battles, it's great.
Sounds like a dating profile line for you.

I'm just casually legendary.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I just encountered an Eternatus in a Casual match just the other day. Dude thought he'd run me down with it, but I stopped that crap.

The wild area is NUTS. I've gotten an Espeon and Slyveon at the Lake of Outrage. I'm almost at 300 caught since I did some breeding to get the baby Pokémon and first and second evolutions of some that I have a part of their line. I was looking at the Dex and there's a few Sword exclusives I didn't know about and a few more trade evolutions I'll need.