Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Man, I get so much satisfaction catching Pokémon in the Wild Area. I caught a Snorlax in the first turn and then a level 50 Steelix.

40 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I don’t wanna hear Bill Cosby saying “pokey” again in my life.

47 minutes ago, eal said:

Man, I get so much satisfaction catching Pokémon in the Wild Area. I caught a Snorlax in the first turn and then a level 50 Steelix.

Reminds me that I still need to go catch it. My catches in the Wild Area have been mostly random, aside from two specific ventures to track down Toxel and Dreepy. The weather won't cooperate to let me get Ralts though, and it sucks.

Cool just sent them via Facebook messanger since it seemed to be the easiest.
Appreciate it! I hadn't really planned on showing the kids the app yet, but we sat around on a chilly afternoon watching first my Buccaneers win and then my wife's Patriots & the kids noticed the app on the iPad (can't fool them). So I entered a couple codes & for 2 hours we learned to play. Had some great battles too. A win, a loss, and then back to back wins where we were down to our last Pokémon & beat multiple ones to get a victory!

They loved opening the packs in-game and seeing all of them.

45 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Reminds me that I still need to go catch it. My catches in the Wild Area have been mostly random, aside from two specific ventures to track down Toxel and Dreepy. The weather won't cooperate to let me get Ralts though, and it sucks.

I collected two more badges (bringing me up to 6 at the moment) and basically spent accumulated 2 hours riding around the wild zone catching strong Pokémon I couldn’t before and bumping into ones I didn’t know about (the Steelix for example) I’m gonna get through the last two battles and then run around catching some more, hoping that I’ll be able to surf on water by then and catch even more.

After I’ve gotten to the post-game, I’m gonna evolve everything I couldn’t find evolutions of in the wild and then finally begin trading with people who have Sword to get the version exclusives. One cool benefit of Shield is that the Eevee encounter rate is higher than in Sword, which is great considering how many you need to evolve.

1 hour ago, eal said:

I don’t wanna hear Bill Cosby saying “pokey” again in my life.

6 hours ago, eal said:

I collected two more badges (bringing me up to 6 at the moment) and basically spent accumulated 2 hours riding around the wild zone catching strong Pokémon I couldn’t before and bumping into ones I didn’t know about (the Steelix for example) I’m gonna get through the last two battles and then run around catching some more, hoping that I’ll be able to surf on water by then and catch even more.

After I’ve gotten to the post-game, I’m gonna evolve everything I couldn’t find evolutions of in the wild and then finally begin trading with people who have Sword to get the version exclusives. One cool benefit of Shield is that the Eevee encounter rate is higher than in Sword, which is great considering how many you need to evolve.

Anything you want? I have Sword. 

2 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Anything you want? I have Sword. 

I mean, really just anything that’s exclusive or that I need to trade to evolve is all I’d need. I could work out the rest.

14 hours ago, eal said:

So you can catch things that require trading...welly, well, well I might be able to complete the Pokedex by myself if I get lucky with online trades for the starters.

22 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

That was amazing lol. I have Shield so if anyone needs those exclusives I can help. I'll also be looking for the Sword exclusives.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

So you can catch things that require trading...welly, well, well I might be able to complete the Pokedex by myself if I get lucky with online trades for the starters.

In one of the trailers I saw a wild Dusknoir so I’m sure a couple trading evolutions are out there. You can also get the vanilla versions of a Pokémon with Galarian forms exclusive to the opposite game.

• Like 1

Man...Now I wanna grab The new Pokémon...probably shield.

perhaps in the first few months of next year I’ll be ready.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eal said:

I mean, really just anything that’s exclusive or that I need to trade to evolve is all I’d need. I could work out the rest.

I can help. What starter did you pick, btw?

6 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

That was amazing lol. I have Shield so if anyone needs those exclusives I can help. I'll also be looking for the Sword exclusives.

Yeah, his videos are usually pretty funny. The Monster Hunter World Series he did last year for every weapon was good stuff.

28 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

I can help. What starter did you pick, btw?

Scorbunny. Yeah, we should all coordinate starters if we’re gonna trade around to each other probably.

2 hours ago, eal said:

Scorbunny. Yeah, we should all coordinate starters if we’re gonna trade around to each other probably.

Damn. I picked Scorbunny too. I need the other two.

14 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Damn. I picked Scorbunny too. I need the other two.

Let’s be honest, who really picked Sobble fully aware of its next two evolutions?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eal said:

Let’s be honest, who really picked Sobble fully aware of its next two evolutions?

Plenty of people did. Just no one I know.

13 hours ago, eal said:

...*raises hand*

• Like 1

I have quite a few Sobbles now, if anyone wants one. As well as a few Scorbunnies. 

Also have Farfetch'd with its HA, a Galarian Ponyta, Galarian Corsola, Dreepy, and Jangmo-o. I can go catch any other Sword exclusives than the two mentioned here as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

I have quite a few Sobbles now, if anyone wants one. As well as a few Scorbunnies. 

Also have Farfetch'd with its HA, a Galarian Ponyta, Galarian Corsola, Dreepy, and Jangmo-o. I can go catch any other Sword exclusives than the two mentioned here as well.

I can hook you up with a Larvitar for Jangmo-o.

I’ve been watching Criken’s Nuzlocke Platinum Randomizer challenge run when on my lunch breaks at work (and seeing how devastated he was when his poor Togepi died), and it’s kind of made me want to do a Nuzlocke run of a Pokémon game. Maybe that could get me interested in Pokémon again, but the problem is every game only has one damn save slot.

Criken’s playthrough is worth a watch if you need something funny to watch on a break though. I’ll be curious if he gets lucky again and finds something else like his poor Togepi again.

20 hours ago, eal said:

I can hook you up with a Larvitar for Jangmo-o.

That would be great. I need my boy Tyranitar.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’ve been watching Criken’s Nuzlocke Platinum Randomizer challenge run when on my lunch breaks at work (and seeing how devastated he was when his poor Togepi died), and it’s kind of made me want to do a Nuzlocke run of a Pokémon game. Maybe that could get me interested in Pokémon again, but the problem is every game only has one damn save slot.

Criken’s playthrough is worth a watch if you need something funny to watch on a break though. I’ll be curious if he gets lucky again and finds something else like his poor Togepi again.

Through separate profiles, you can have additional saves with Sword and Shield.