Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Looks like there are some damn good animations in Sword and Shield.

Spoiler

And since I apparently need to be clear when I’m joking, I am joking.

• Like 2

No, I will not read Higurashi, sir.

Cinderace's Pyro Ball is actually a pretty slick animation. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

I beat the ice gym last night and it's been my favorite area so far. Ice areas are my favorite biome or aesthetic places in games but the fairy city right before is a close second. I saw someone on Twitter say that they feel the budget ran out before the last 2 gyms so we'll see. I'm still having a hell of a good time and Arcanine has been my main 'mon for a good portion of the game.

I also got a "catching charm" in that city which makes a critical catch more likely. I'm not sure if there are any requirements but I just got it by talking to a guy. My Pokedex is pushing 160 I believe so it could be you just need to catch a bunch of dudes.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I beat the ice gym last night and it's been my favorite area so far.

Gee, I wonder why you liked it so much? ;)

CD1C3388-4AAA-4FCE-8681-96F1A061B77C.thumb.jpeg.1e4e94d1e9803ff626ce25d905202685.jpeg

Thicc like a milkshake 
Or like a winter coat.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Thicc like a milkshake 😋

They definitely saw they caught an audience with thicc Wicke last generation.

Atelier Ryza is going through the thicc roof too.

58 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, eal said:

Atelier Ryza is going through the thicc roof too.

We’re talking about the one with the thicc thighs? Literally the only thing I’ve heard about this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:
Thicc like a milkshake emoji39.png

Or like a winter coat.

I don't care what we compare it to, I like it. 

• Like 1

We’re talking about the one with the thicc thighs? Literally the only thing I’ve heard about this game.
Exactly. That and the battle system moved from strictly turn-based this time. Sad. I thought the last one, Atelier Lulua was a quite excellent system.

I’ve played for 12 hours, caught 102 Pokémon and yet somehow I’ve only got the first three gym badges.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eal said:

I’ve played for 12 hours, caught 102 Pokémon and yet somehow I’ve only got the first three gym badges.

It's easy to get wrapped up in the Wild Area. 

Finally caught a Galarian Ponyta (now Rapidash) and nicknamed her Debbie.

• Like 1

Played a few hours of the TCG app the last couple days. I'm collecting a bunch of cards, buying a few complete decks, and I'm going to make a poster, draw outlines of cards to make spaces & laminate it to make a placemat to play the game on. Basically, gonna teach Plattym4 to play.

55 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Played a few hours of the TCG app the last couple days. I'm collecting a bunch of cards, buying a few complete decks, and I'm going to make a poster, draw outlines of cards to make spaces & laminate it to make a placemat to play the game on. Basically, gonna teach Plattym4 to play.

The physical product has like $10 starter decks that include a placemat.

I've been looking, don't see that. Have a good online link?

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I can send you some Hidden Fates codes if you'd like. My soon to be brother in law bought and ETB and sent me the codes but I don't actually think I'll use them.

I beat Shield today. It really drags at the end but I enjoyed my time with it. Finished in around 26 hours and caught over 150 Pokemon. I'll eventually do the post game but I'm trying to decide my next game to play.

• Like 1

I can send you some Hidden Fates codes if you'd like. My soon to be brother in law bought and ETB and sent me the codes but I don't actually think I'll use them.
I beat Shield today. It really drags at the end but I enjoyed my time with it. Finished in around 26 hours and caught over 150 Pokemon. I'll eventually do the post game but I'm trying to decide my next game to play.
Sure. I'd take them!

New Pokémon sounds good enough for me to up my price point.

38 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
40 minutes ago, eal said:

I've been looking, don't see that. Have a good online link?

If you watch an unboxing video you’ll see there are mats in very recent starter decks, plus some damage counters and such.

If you watch an unboxing video you’ll see there are mats in very recent starter decks, plus some damage counters and such.

Neat. Yeah, I'm buying 3 or 4 starter decks Iike that. I'll open and see. Maybe just bring that to work and laminate it.

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
15 minutes ago, eal said:

Neat. Yeah, I'm buying 3 or 4 starter decks Iike that. I'll open and see. Maybe just bring that to work and laminate it.

If you’re buying that many, for about that price they sell Elite Trainer Boxes, which come with 8 booster packs from that expansion, a bunch of energies, dice, and counters. Of course, the difference is these aren’t prebuilt and your beholden to make a deck out of what you get. It’s an alternative to look into though.

• Like 1

If you’re buying that many, for about that price they sell Elite Trainer Boxes, which come with 8 booster packs from that expansion, a bunch of energies, dice, and counters. Of course, the difference is these aren’t prebuilt and your beholden to make a deck out of what you get. It’s an alternative to look into though.
I saw them, wondered what they consisted of. Looking mainly for pre-built now. My son's 6 and never played before so figured we'd have maybe 3 or 4 different sets we can just grab and go with. I have a hundred or so cards some students gave me in the past, and my brother-in-law is theoretically looking for all his old Pokémon cards (spoiler alert, they're in a box in his garage, my wife's on the verge of breaking in and just taking them from her brother) and that's his Christmas gift to my son. So we should have a pile of stuff to build custom decks with, but pre-built would be a good start. A guy I work with brings his 6th grade son to a card shop right up the road from me and they routinely win tournaments, so we'll go see them too.

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Sure. I'd take them!

New Pokémon sounds good enough for me to up my price point.

Cool just sent them via Facebook messanger since it seemed to be the easiest.

• Like 1