Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

3 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I have a feeling I'll end up getting it on launch day. It's between that and Jedi Fallen Order but I know Jedi will go on sale sooner and more often than Pokémon. 

Man I wish I could do the same. 

But there is no way I will have the time to play it until early next year. 

So pre-downloads for the game have rolled out. This doesn't mean the datamine will happen. So for those who may have been excited for that, sorry.

13 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

I'm gonna get Sword, but nothing about this generation excites me. If nothing else, I just hope it isn't just Gen 1 Pokémon that can Gigantamax. 

It's confirmed that it isn't just gen 1 Pokemon that can Gigantamax.

7 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

I see it as one possible path of natural progression, stemming from how popular Gym Leaders tend to be in-universe. Why not make the Gym Challenge a bigger spectacle? So it's nothing that wows me. At this point, I just want to know which prior gen Pokémon made the cut, and what types the starters will end up as. 

I'm also hoping that Torchic or Cyndaquil make it in.

I mean, it might not wow you, but if it’s something you were expecting, and it’s finally happening, then it should be something to look forward to, right? Something to get you excited?

As far as I’m aware, they are planning on putting in older Pokemon down the line, they just won’t be there day one.

50 minutes ago, eal said:

As far as I’m aware, they are planning on putting in older Pokemon down the line, they just won’t be there day one.

False. Pokemon will not be patched into the game. Pokemon that are not featured in SwSh will be placed into the future games with no compatibility to trade them to games they are not present in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

False. Pokemon will not be patched into the game. Pokemon that are not featured in SwSh will be placed into the future games with no compatibility to trade them to games they are not present in.

As I said, it was as far as I was aware. I could probably be wrong. I’ve read that they do plan on re-introducing ones that they didn’t include in Sword in Shield in later games, but that patching them in is a possibility as well.

40 minutes ago, eal said:

As I said, it was as far as I was aware. I could probably be wrong. I’ve read that they do plan on re-introducing ones that they didn’t include in Sword in Shield in later games, but that patching them in is a possibility as well.

Maybe it will introduce a new version of Porygon: Porygon-Patch.

9 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Maybe it will introduce a new version of Porygon: Porygon-Patch.

Patchygon.

13 minutes ago, eal said:

Patchygon.

Sounds like a pirate name!

The new Pokémon spin off game, PokéPirates! Can you defeat your arch rival Patchygon?!

21 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Sounds like a pirate name!

The new Pokémon spin off game, PokéPirates! Can you defeat your arch rival Patchygon?!

For a pirate Pokemon game I’d go with Pokemon Ahoy!.

11 minutes ago, eal said:

For a pirate Pokemon game I’d go with Pokemon Ahoy!.

Whatever it’s called, we need a female Whalmer or Wailord that pops up from the ocean and someone yells “Thar she blows!”

Actually, make the Wailord the means of transportation you use across the ocean. It’s big enough.

Just now, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Whatever it’s called, we need a female Whalmer or Wailord that pops up from the ocean and someone yells “Thar she blows!”

Actually, make the Wailord the means of transportation you use across the ocean. It’s big enough.

Geez, so much fat shaming! 😛

If a Wailord is involved, naturally the game requires a Skitty that travels alongside you.

15 minutes ago, eal said:

Geez, so much fat shaming! 😛

If a Wailord is involved, naturally the game requires a Skitty that travels alongside you.

I meant it moreso because it’s the largest ocean dwelling Pokémon...😗

Unless we want to get all fancy and have Kyogre be the water transportation. Get the legendaries involved.

The Skitty can be the Captain or first mate (if you know what I mean 😏) of the Poké pirate crew.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

12 hours ago, Democrobot said:

Cool to see a member of Game Freak on our boards!

On 10/30/2019 at 10:50 AM, Democrobot said:

So pre-downloads for the game have rolled out. This doesn't mean the datamine will happen. So for those who may have been excited for that, sorry.

It's confirmed that it isn't just gen 1 Pokemon that can Gigantamax.

Just checked. Three new Pokémon also have Gigantamax forms, yet they chose to make a trailer showcasing nothing but Gen 1 Pokémon. That does not instill me with faith.

On 10/30/2019 at 5:25 PM, eal said:

It was said that all future games will follow Sword and Shield's example, rotating older Pokémon in and out of each regional Pokédex. However, there will not be another game where every single Pokémon is available. Now, I don't know if that idea will change somewhere down the line, but that's the outlook for now.

Leaks are out there now.

Man, the amount of salt I've been seeing about new Pokémon designs is ridiculous. 

Man, the amount of salt I've been seeing about new Pokémon designs is ridiculous. 
Enough to raise one's blodd pressure for sure.

2 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

In other news, Water is weak to Electricity. People have been salty about Pokemon designs since Silver and Gold.

1 hour ago, eal said:

In other news, Water is weak to Electricity. People have been salty about Pokemon designs since Silver and Gold.

Yeah, but I don't remember seeing so much ire before.

That said, I like most of the new ones. One of the new Galarian forms is depressing af though.

4 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Yeah, but I don't remember seeing so much ire before.

That said, I like most of the new ones. One of the new Galarian forms is depressing af though.

I still remember the complete dismissal of all the Gen V designs mostly because of “literally ice cream.”

I haven't really liked any of the designs past gen 3. Maybe I'm biased because of age but that's just the way it is I guess. I do like the new evolutions of old pkmn a little better but not much. And I frankly think a lot of the Alollan/Galarian forms to be ridiculous. But that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Pokemon designs have always been average to me. Nothing different than any other series. DQ stands out to me, no other series really does. Nothing has particularly bad this Gen.

The only thing that real frustrates me about Pokemon designs is how silly some aspects of the parts of Pokemon that you’d expect to have a textured look, like tufts of fur, or the way they hang off the body. Look at any Pokemon with fire hanging from its body somewhere, like Mega Blaziken, for an example of what I’m talking about. Recent Pokemon designs are also a lot more...pointy, if that makes sense. Lots of edges and bumps sticking out all over the place.

1 hour ago, eal said:

Recent Pokemon designs are also a lot more...pointy, if that makes sense. Lots of edges and bumps sticking out all over the place.

Yeah they have abandoned their rule that all Pokemon designs must be simple enough for a child to draw. I think they were better back when that was a thing. Maybe that makes me simple?

• Like 1