Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

40 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Anyone else get Gameinformer? They had an awesome multi-page article about Pokemon Sword and Shield. 

My subscription ended a few months ago but it's been cool checking out their features on the website.

3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Anyone else get Gameinformer? They had an awesome multi-page article about Pokemon Sword and Shield. 

Any new Pokémon revealed?

Not gonna lie, I don’t know which version I want. On the one hand, Sirfetch’d. On the other hand, Galarian Ponyta.

13 minutes ago, eal said:

Any new Pokémon revealed?

Not gonna lie, I don’t know which version I want. On the one hand, Sirfetch’d. On the other hand, Galarian Ponyta.

Nope. It was more about discussing the mechanics of the game and ideas behind development. They also talked about more differences between the Sword and Shield versions. That, along with a few interviews, made up the article. 

On 10/15/2019 at 7:36 PM, DrippySlimeStar said:

More info tomorrow (10/16), most likely today by the time you read this.

PLEASE FIND THIS INFO AND PROVIDE IT TO ME. 

I've been slacking in this topic as of late. Will probably up my game more when I pick up my copy of Shield next month

2 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

PLEASE FIND THIS INFO AND PROVIDE IT TO ME. 

I appreciate that Meowth looks like a dog toy.

17 minutes ago, eal said:

See, when I saw that, all I could think of was that stupid Donkey Kong meme were it goes “Expand Dong.” But it also looked like a dog toy too!

Now we have “Expand Meowth.” God only knows what Persian is going to look like.

16 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

See, when I saw that, all I could think of was that stupid Donkey Kong meme were it goes “Expand Dong.” But it also looked like a dog toy too!

If it’s not shaped like a rug, someone on the development team needs to be let go.

22 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

image.png

Not sure if I'm gonna skip this generation completely, maybe I'll give Pokémon Uranium a go soon. I enjoyed getting to the 2nd gym a couple years ago when it came out. Short, maybe 2-3 hours to hit that.

We recently got a lot of stuff about SwSh through previews and such. It's all compiled in the spoilers

Spoiler
  • You can crouch and whistle
  • You can use a pro controller
  • Pro Control is very smooth and natural
  • Camera is fully changeable 360 degrees in wild area with changing perspectives
  • You earn the watt currency by taking part in the wild area and exploring which you can use to buy things like Curries and other handy items
  • Tutorial is skippable
  • Hop uses two pokemon in your first battle after you get your starter making it the first 2v1 first rival battle in the series
  • Can use your inbuilt bag PC in the wild area, however your pokemon wont get healed here, can freely change pokemon for specific strats vs the various high level mons
  • You get access to Dyanmax / Gigantmax early
  • You can get to the wild area and fully explore within the first hour. There are perils to exploration however such as dangerous high level and dyanamax / gigantamax threats lurking
  • You obtain starters quickly can save and can soft reset quickly
  • Max Raid encounters with a yellow aura give chance for HA, egg moves and Ivs
  • You will get a special warning when fighting off against these special yellow aura encounters
  • Wild area introduces fully evolved lv 40 + pokemon at the start and will chase you down in a similar fashion to the Xenoblade Gorilla enemies
  • You can find rare ! encounters, random encounters, model encounters in various routes and dyanamax and gigantmax encounters in the wild area, youll need to use all encounter methods to capture them all
  • You can visit the misty forest area at the start of the game
  • Each route has a map showcasing what you can catch similar to BW2
  • Milo is not the first Gym Leader
  • You can see hairstyles, make up and other style options before purchase
  • Males can choose make up/ tweak eye brows and whatnot
  • New hairstyles and make up / clothes are introduced as you play the game letting you have more variety
  • First gym city is Motostroke, the steam punk city.
  • Wild Area has multiple weather patterns happening at the same time, the area you are in will alert you of what you can expect
  • Swift is a TM
  • Lots of UK slang, terminology and language utilised throughout the game
  • Artstyle critiqued as very basic however it's noted that it leads to really smooth transitions and smooth gameplay loading times.
  • Wild Area feels empty without online players however theres a lot of pokemon.
  • Quick loading times, no harsh framerate drops like XY -SM
  • 720 p, 30 frames a second
  • Lots of new pokemon and galar forms not revealed but still under NDA
  • Game is less handholdy
  • Every Pokemon Center includes a move deleter and nicknamer
  • You get the option at the start to turn type advantages / disadvantages shown hints and told to you by npc's on or off
  • You dont meet your rival or the professor at the start, you are thrown into your adventure similar to XD Gale of Darkeness and Colosium with you watching Leon fight off against another Trainer

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Democrobot said:

image.png

I don’t get it. Did you alter the picture to make it look like a potential gigantamax Persian or is it just a picture of a Persian?

If the latter, shame on you for being lazy with a joke, mister Jademocrobot. Got back to the corner until you make that picture awkwardly long like Gigantamax Meowth!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

2 hours ago, eal said:

I was thinking a different kind of "toy" that starts with D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I was thinking a different kind of "toy" that starts with D

Do they make toys for dingoes?

Had a sudden urge to try to complete Pokemon Ranger. Like a 100% Browser. I’m actually decently close (189/210), so I’m gonna give it a go over the weekend.

• Like 1

Had a sudden urge to try to complete Pokemon Ranger. Like a 100% Browser. I’m actually decently close (189/210), so I’m gonna give it a go over the weekend.
Crud. That reminds me, I'm 5 hours into part 3. Fun game!

2 hours ago, eal said:

Is that one like the Mystery Dungeon games? I was always interested in getting one of those game but never actually did. Maybe they'll make one on Switch.

Is that one like the Mystery Dungeon games? I was always interested in getting one of those game but never actually did. Maybe they'll make one on Switch.
Nope. It's based upon using the stylus. Basically you're continually circling moving Pokémon over and over and over. I'm sure many a person broke their bottom screen pressing far too hard to do that. I beat the first the night Saddam Hussain got hung, played the 2nd extensively, and just got into the 3rd a couple months ago.

It won't work on the Switch.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, eal said:

Crud. That reminds me, I'm 5 hours into part 3. Fun game!

I was actually considering getting the follow-ups on the Wii U Virtual Console down the line because I played the original voraciously.

35 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Get Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. In my opinion, they’re the best narrative storytelling in all of Pokemon.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 4:23 PM, Democrobot said:

I've been slacking in this topic as of late. Will probably up my game more when I pick up my copy of Shield next month

Thank you!

I'm gonna get Sword, but nothing about this generation excites me. If nothing else, I just hope it isn't just Gen 1 Pokémon that can Gigantamax. 

4 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

I'm gonna get Sword, but nothing about this generation excites me. If nothing else, I just hope it isn't just Gen 1 Pokémon that can Gigantamax. 

Who’d have thought Sword would get...Sword.

And I dunno, I find the concept of Trainers treated as professional athletes an interesting concept.

I have a feeling I'll end up getting it on launch day. It's between that and Jedi Fallen Order but I know Jedi will go on sale sooner and more often than Pokémon. 

7 hours ago, eal said:

Who’d have thought Sword would get...Sword.

And I dunno, I find the concept of Trainers treated as professional athletes an interesting concept.

I see it as one possible path of natural progression, stemming from how popular Gym Leaders tend to be in-universe. Why not make the Gym Challenge a bigger spectacle? So it's nothing that wows me. At this point, I just want to know which prior gen Pokémon made the cut, and what types the starters will end up as. 

I'm also hoping that Torchic or Cyndaquil make it in.

Edited by Sword_of_Dusk