Jump to content

Recommended Posts

[mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention]
There was another Pokémon Trading Card Game title made. It was the sequel to the first, though on the same console. Japan only, sadly. I've got the game with an English patch, and it is actually better than the first. I immediately noticed how the starting deck wasn't as crap as it was in the original, for one thing. There are also more places to visit, and a wider selection of cards.
Cool! I really did enjoy that game. I worked as a "nanny" the summer of '99. I basically drove 2 boys going into 5th and 7th grade to their camps from their mansion, played laser tag and Mario Golf on the N64 with them.

But they fell in love with Pokemon that summer and I learned the card game to teach them and we'd go to Boarders and other places so they could play tournaments. Of course not to be outdone by kids, I learned to play pretty well.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

Late to the party but I'm looking forward to Detective Pikachu. It'll be a nice breath of fresh air.

Also, I am waiting on the next Mystery Dungeon that has the Ultra Beasts

Link to post
Share on other sites

Won 3 Pokemon pins. I used my commission money to have it shipped to my girlfriend. Speaking of commissions, Mega Altaria and Lurantis were my latest commissions. The Lurantis was actually better than the Mega Altaria

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultra Sun finally beaten!

Final team was Incineroar (Sagat), Crobat (Blood), Raichu (Yayoi), Tyranitar (Godzilla), Flygon (Bucky), and Pelipper.

HNI_0027.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was champ before everyone here. I will f1t3 anyone who says otherwise ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gooieooie said:

Pokémon Crystal is out on the eShop, and they actually implemented the Celebi event that was Japan-exclusive for the original! 

What! How so? Is it a part of the game organically or is it just there for a limited time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, eal said:

What! How so? Is it a part of the game organically or is it just there for a limited time?

Should be programmed in and not just limited time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gooieooie said:

Pokémon Crystal is out on the eShop, and they actually implemented the Celebi event that was Japan-exclusive for the original! 

We've been waiting almost TWENTY YEARS for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an article I linked to last month. They confirmed the Celebi event was being implemented into the virtual console release of the game, along with stuff like Pokebank and whatnot.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:35 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

 

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
Link to post
Share on other sites

The funny thing is that I was thinking just yesterday that I wanted to play Pokemon Crystal again. I’m gonna polish off Gravity Rush 2 and Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice and jump back in.

Is it possible to move gen 1 and 2 Pokémon to the bank from other games and retrieve them in the Virtual Console Pokemon games? 

Edited by eal
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eal said:

The funny thing is that I was thinking just yesterday that I wanted to play Pokemon Crystal again. I’m gonna polish off Gravity Rush 2 and Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice and jump back in.

Is it possible to move gen 1 and 2 Pokémon to the bank from other games and retrieve them in the Virtual Console Pokemon games? 

Sadly no, it's not possible. To move between the games, you need to use the old-fashioned method of the Time Capsule. Putting Pokémon from VC into Bank works like the Gen 5 games; you transfer them in using Transporter, and then they're stuck in there for good, and can't go back.

Interesting to note - with Celebi in Crystal permanently, you can now get as many Celebi as you want just by replaying the game! You can also clone it, but it's interesting that it's so easy to get now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, gooieooie said:

Sadly no, it's not possible. To move between the games, you need to use the old-fashioned method of the Time Capsule. Putting Pokémon from VC into Bank works like the Gen 5 games; you transfer them in using Transporter, and then they're stuck in there for good, and can't go back.

Interesting to note - with Celebi in Crystal permanently, you can now get as many Celebi as you want just by replaying the game! You can also clone it, but it's interesting that it's so easy to get now.

That’s too bad. Wish there was a legit way to get a Mew in the VC games. I’d like to complete the PokeDex for Crystal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A short trailer for Aegislash is up. It looks like a fun Pokemon to use in Pokken Tournament DX.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited to be able to get Pokken Tournament DX. One day... just looking at the screenshot they showed, with how the characters are set up the bottom row would be almost completely empty. I think that's a hint for more to come.

On a side note, anybody else here play on Pokémon Showdown? I'm looking for more buddies to play with. I like random battles and chill

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure more characters will be on the way. I'd like some gen. 2 represention for playable characters. My preference would be Feraligator for the #1 choice, but I have nostalgia for him since he was pretty much the only Pokemon I used back in Silver on the GBC. Regardless, I'd like to see gen. 2 get some representation.

I'd love to get the game when I get a Switch. It was a lot of fun on Wii U, and it's a game I would get again which is really saying something for me since this is a Pokemon related game we're talking about. I'd love to play as Darkrai and Crogunk, and get back to using Machamp and Gardevoir.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Democrobot

I haven't been on Showdown in a long while, but I wouldn't mind popping by every now and then to battle you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I'm sure more characters will be on the way. I'd like some gen. 2 represention for playable characters. My preference would be Feraligator for the #1 choice, but I have nostalgia for him since he was pretty much the only Pokemon I used back in Silver on the GBC. Regardless, I'd like to see gen. 2 get some representation.

I'd love to get the game when I get a Switch. It was a lot of fun on Wii U, and it's a game I would get again which is really saying something for me since this is a Pokemon related game we're talking about. I'd love to play as Darkrai and Crogunk, and get back to using Machamp and Gardevoir.

I think it'd be cool if they did a ballot similar to Smash Bros. in which people can submit their votes for what characters they want to see. That was a lot of fun in Smash, so it would probably be fun again in Pokkén.

 

Also, Sword - I only just now noticed what you put down as your location. :P Good choice!

Edited by gooieooie
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gooieooie said:

I think it'd be cool if they did a ballot similar to Smash Bros. in which people can submit their votes for what characters they want to see. That was a lot of fun in Smash, so it would probably be fun again in Pokkén.

If they did that, I'd have to make the hardest decision of all: whether to vote for Feraligator, Groudon (my favorite Pokemon), or Swampert!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gooieooie said:

Also, Sword - I only just now noticed what you put down as your location. :P Good choice!

You're the first to comment on it. Thank you kindly, good sir.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

@Democrobot

I haven't been on Showdown in a long while, but I wouldn't mind popping by every now and then to battle you.

Sweet! Shoot me a message whenever and we can arrange a time or two

As for the Smash ballot in Pokken, I think that would be a huge hit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

You're the first to comment on it. Thank you kindly, good sir.

I’d noticed it a while back. Didn’t understand why you dropped a Danganronpa reference when I’d never seen you mention it before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...