Bought Ultra Sun last Thursday, but only got around to playing it this week, and today, I shall now finally devote time to it until it's finally beaten.
So far, my team includes: Sagat (Litten), Yungoos, Chop Shop (Grubbin), and Ichika (Buneary).
(Speaking of which, I still haven't gotten around to vanilla!Sun's Ultra Beast storyline...)
40add82017edd9de99b1d72901cadec2.gif
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

Brace yourselves: Detective Pikachu is coming to the west on March 23rd.

26240165_1819727994765850_38393501296410

40 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

O....K....

1319738930_homer_simpson_hides_in_hedge.

Better get that pre-order in, Platty!

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Better get that pre-order in, Platty!

Detective Pikachu is going to have to search the dark web long and hard to find my credit card info; I ain't giving that willingly!

What if he was voiced by Danny DeVito?

A Pokémon title I have no interest in at all? Damn, never thought I'd see the day.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention earlier: it's getting a special amiibo. Here it is compared to a Smash Pikachu amiibo.

DTWJLMaWkAAbdQq.jpg

48 minutes ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

A Pokémon title I have no interest in at all? Damn, never thought I'd see the day.

You’re saying you were interested in Pokémon Dash and that samurai one whose name I don’t even remember?

Owned the first and emulated the second back in the DS Days. Haven't played the third on.

I still need to order Ultra Sun or Moon so I can use the Celebi download code I got last year from the Silver download.

Of course, I need to replace my 3DS first.

7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Did you play the Ranger games? I actually quite enjoyed them.

I liked the one Mystery Dungeon game I've played (aka the first one via the DS version) and obviously Pokken Tournament. Also had a lot of fun with Pokemon Snap.

Bascially I enjoy the spin off Pokemon games way more than the main series ones at this point, seeing as the last main Pokemon game I was really into was Pokemon Ruby. I'm curious about Detective Pikachu. It's a silly idea for a game, but I'm all for unexpected spin-offs. Pokken Tournament was a shot in the dark buy, and I loved that game.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
I liked the one Mystery Dungeon game I've played (aka the first one via the DS version) and obviously Pokken Tournament. Also had a lot of fun with Pokemon Snap.
Bascially I enjoy the spin off Pokemon games way more than the main series ones at this point, seeing as the last main Pokemon game I was really into was Pokemon Ruby. I'm curious about Detective Pikachu. It's a silly idea for a game, but I'm all for unexpected spin-offs. Pokken Tournament was a shot in the dark buy, and I loved that game.
I do enjoy them. Bought and beat 2 of them. I got the 3rd one, but it's ehhh. Apparently the newest one is great from what I've read.
25 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

Let’s run down my Pokémon spin-off games: Ranger, the first two Mystery Dungeon games (the second one is fantastic), Pokémon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, Trading Card Game, Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire (one of my favorite games), and Snap of course. I’ve also played Pokémon Channel but didn’t own it personally. I would like to though, I’ve got some nostalgia for it.

Man, shout out to Gen III for trying just about every genre of game and throwing out a million different games for spin-offs.

55 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I do enjoy them. Bought and beat 2 of them. I got the 3rd one, but it's ehhh. Apparently the newest one is great from what I've read.

I'd be up for a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. After finishing Etrian Mystery Dungeon I've thought about checking out one of the recent Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, or the Shiren the Wanderer series. There's one on the Vita I've heard is pretty good.

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I'd be up for a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. After finishing Etrian Mystery Dungeon I've thought about checking out one of the recent Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, or the Shiren the Wanderer series. There's one on the Vita I've heard is pretty good.

Give the second Pokémon Mystery Dungeon a look. It’s decently long and I was shocked at how deeply emotional it was.

10 minutes ago, eal said:

Give the second Pokémon Mystery Dungeon a look. It’s decently long and I was shocked at how deeply emotional it was.

And make sure you get the definitive version, Explorers of Sky. There's so much post-game plot and content, I'd argue it's not even post-game anymore. Adds so much to an already good game. 

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
4 hours ago, Sword_of_Dusk said:

No, but that's only because I've always had other stuff with a higher priority. This is the first time a Pokémon title has failed to at least intrigue me. 

3 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Would someone mind filling me in on what this Detective Pikachu game is all about?

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/crack-the-case-with-detective-pikachu/

Let’s run down my Pokémon spin-off games: Ranger, the first two Mystery Dungeon games (the second one is fantastic), Pokémon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, Trading Card Game, Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire (one of my favorite games), and Snap of course. I’ve also played Pokémon Channel but didn’t own it personally. I would like to though, I’ve got some nostalgia for it.
Man, shout out to Gen III for trying just about every genre of game and throwing out a million different games for spin-offs.
Why oh why was there never another Pokemon Trading Card game for a Nintendo console made? Really enjoyed that!
Heck, good experiences with Pokemon ones (OK, Taloon too) are pretty much why I got EOMD.
Those games have a lot of text and really get into some deep emotions of friendship and other stuff. Oddly enough for games based on some simple gameplay. eal's spot on here.

^ in the second in particular, you think it’s a  basic “collect these things to stop a bad guy” plot, and you do it long enough to think you’ve almost hit the ending, but then the turn happens and you’re shocked, and then you’re left thinking to yourself, “isn’t this supposed to be a game for kids wtf?”

21 hours ago, eal said:

I've seen you mention/recommend that one several times.

Isn't there one on the 3DS that wasn't very good? I want to say it was the first Mystery Dungeon game for the 3DS, but I could be wrong.

@Plattym3

There was another Pokémon Trading Card Game title made. It was the sequel to the first, though on the same console. Japan only, sadly. I've got the game with an English patch, and it is actually better than the first. I immediately noticed how the starting deck wasn't as crap as it was in the original, for one thing. There are also more places to visit, and a wider selection of cards.