Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

How is the Sun and Moon anime? I don't usually watch the anime, but I watched the Sun and Moon one at the start and it seemed fun. Is it good?

I quite enjoy it. The animation has never been more smooth. The art style manages to stay true to the more comedic nature of this season. The story and characters are developing nicely and based on the leaks, we can expect some great stuff coming. I highly recommend giving it a try to those who have disregarded it because "the animation looks bad" (they really mean the art style but can't comprehend the difference so I leave them be). Long story short, give it a try. At least a few episodes. Character and story could use a bit more work at the start but in the current episodes airing in Japan we can start to see that they are going down the route of Ultra Sun/Moon which is probably why it had a slower start to compensate for the fact that they didn't want to tread too far into that territory until the games were due to release.

I was put off by the new art direction when it was first announced, but I checked it out when it first came out and those thoughts faded; I definitely prefered the style of the X and Y series, but this one isn't bad either, especially with some of the crazy expressions I saw when watching the first few episodes. They're really funny. :P

The last episode I remember watching was the pancake race. You're saying that plot seems to be getting somewhere, though? I wasn't 100% sold on it being a comedic, episodic-type thing. 

Edited by gooieooie

Until they finally sack Ash, I couldn't care less about the anime. Sadly, they won't ever do that.

Until they finally sack Ash, I couldn't care less about the anime. Sadly, they won't ever do that.

1000 episodes isn't too much of one character.

If you missed out on the Ash Pikachu, you can get the Kanto one with the Mystery Gift code, "PIKACHUM20"! I believe it's identical to the previous one, and comes with Pikashunium Z as it did before. I imagine this will also apply to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, so you can grab an Ash Pikachu right at the start! 

Edited by gooieooie

How is the Sun and Moon anime? I don't usually watch the anime, but I watched the Sun and Moon one at the start and it seemed fun. Is it good?

I quite enjoy it. The animation has never been more smooth. The art style manages to stay true to the more comedic nature of this season. The story and characters are developing nicely and based on the leaks, we can expect some great stuff coming. I highly recommend giving it a try to those who have disregarded it because "the animation looks bad" (they really mean the art style but can't comprehend the difference so I leave them be). Long story short, give it a try. At least a few episodes. Character and story could use a bit more work at the start but in the current episodes airing in Japan we can start to see that they are going down the route of Ultra Sun/Moon which is probably why it had a slower start to compensate for the fact that they didn't want to tread too far into that territory until the games were due to release.

I was put off by the new art direction when it was first announced, but I checked it out when it first came out and those thoughts faded; I definitely prefered the style of the X and Y series, but this one isn't bad either, especially with some of the crazy expressions I saw when watching the first few episodes. They're really funny. :P

The last episode I remember watching was the pancake race. You're saying that plot seems to be getting somewhere, though? I wasn't 100% sold on it being a comedic, episodic-type thing. 

Yes, the plot is developing.

In recent Japanese episodes, Faba is attempting to wipe away the memories of Lillie because he believes that her having recollection of the Ultra Beast that attacked her prior to the SM anime would be detrimental to his nefarious plot. The presence of more UBs appearing in the anime and, much like the games, causing harm to citizens is being built up. I suspect that they will take the anime in a similar fashion to the Ultra Sun/Moon plot as Lusamine is not nearly as crazy in the anime as she was in Sun/Moon (though she didn't come off as crazy at first).

I got my copy of UM this morning and logged 5 hours so far today. So far, so good.

I can't freaking believe how many species of Pokemon are in each little area. It's incredible.... and also makes it difficult to decide which ones to keep in my team.

I'm on my way to the fire trial. So far I'm digging all the new changes.

• Upvote 1

It's been a while since I've been on. (Things have changed on here since then)

I've cleared the Grand Trial on Akala, did some side stuff and am currently outside the resort.

While I learned that the Oddish line wasn't in the Alola dex, I did find a couple of Bellossom on Akala Island, one in the Photo Shop at Konikoni city and the other at the hotel near Heahea city(The later which was with a lass and a Comfey). Nothing like seeing a Bellossom move toward you and make you leave the room. Got a berry out of it too.

The spoilers definitely show the greater joy of finding out stuff like that on your own(mainly the latter event).

Edited by Stepchan
I can't figure out how to fix my spoiler.
  • Upvote 1

I'm doing the final trial right now, and man, I think this is the perfect way for the trials to end before challenging the League. Won't spoil it for everyone, but Mina actually has a real trial now, and I'm really enjoying it.

Also, Pokémon Bank was updated a few days ago, allowing compatibility with USUM and the Gold and Silver VC! Holding off on transferring Pokémon until I've completed the story, but it's now an option! Note that if you completed the Alola Pokédex in the original Sun and Moon, you won't have it quite complete in USUM due to the new species that were added; additions from other regions, plus the new Ultra Beasts.

Had a busy work week so I'm still only 9 hours into the game, and taking my time.

I am thoroughly enjoying it though. Just got to the second Island.

I reached the 24 hour mark last night. My party is as follows:

Gyrados

Vaporeon

Lycanroc (Dusk Form)

Magmar

Kadabra

Decidueye

They are all somewhere around level 38. Funny how so many years later, 2/3 of my team are still from the original 150....

I think the funniest part of this video is the entry from Drampa at the 6:10 mark.

On 12/7/2017 at 10:58 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I think the funniest part of this video is the entry from Drampa at the 6:10 mark.

Haha!

I've never seen these videos...

...looks like I've got some Youtube binging to do.

1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Haha!

I've never seen these videos...

...looks like I've got some Youtube binging to do.

They are pretty good videos. Hope you enjoy them and any other videos from JWittz's channel.

Also, the moment I highlighted above reminds me of this from the Simpsons:

JWittz is pretty sweet. He doesn't put out videos all that often anymore, but I followed him pretty regularly a few years back. Cool guy.

29 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Nice! I never actually played Crystal when I was a kid, so I might pick this up. Eventually.

I like how Crystal will feature the Celebi event from all those years back. That alone makes it worth considering buying the VC of it.

I hit my 36th hour of Pokemon UM today.

I have been having a blast. The Poke Pelago thing is neat too, it's awesome that all the Pokemon in storage can be doing something while I am journeying elsewhere.

I imagine I'll be completing the main story within the next week or two, depending on how much time I get to play. I haven't decided how I will proceed from there.

I'm playing Ultra Moon and decided to remake my character from the original Moon.

I'm currently on the 3rd island. I just finished my first visit to Aether Paradise.

Ultra Space travel is pretty cool. Both challenging and addicting.

I picked up a Shiny on like my 3rd run, so it kinda got me hooked.

^ Go to the Game Freak offices in Heahea City! You can change the motion controls to Circle Pad controls, making it far easier to go long distances and get rarer Pokémon!

Edited by gooieooie

I'm being commissioned to design Pokemon sets for a buddy who wants to compete in the world championship. It's a neat gig

• Like 1

On 12/26/2017 at 12:45 PM, gooieooie said:

^ Go to the Game Freak offices in Heahea City! You can change the motion controls to Circle Pad controls, making it far easier to go long distances and get rarer Pokémon!

I just recently found out about this, and thank goodness! The motion controls were such a pain.

21 hours ago, Democrobot said:

I'm being commissioned to design Pokemon sets for a buddy who wants to compete in the world championship. It's a neat gig

That sounds like one of the coolest jobs ever.