It's just hearsay at the moment, since I have no confirmation, but I've heard that the different Team Leaders are from different dimensions, ones where they actually were victorious.

That wouldn't make sense. The point at the end of Ruby and Sapphire was that both team leaders had a heel-face turn after they realized they were wrong after being victorious.
Sure, in the universes we've seen. Perhaps things went differently elsewhere.

Matter of fact, looking at the trailer again, Maxie and Archie look to be using their old art, which can't be a coincidence.

Their story was basically the same in the original games too.

Once they start doubling down on this alternate universe $#!& everything is gonna get too convoluted.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

It's just hearsay at the moment, since I have no confirmation, but I've heard that the different Team Leaders are from different dimensions, ones where they actually were victorious.

That wouldn't make sense. The point at the end of Ruby and Sapphire was that both team leaders had a heel-face turn after they realized they were wrong after being victorious.

Matter of fact, looking at the trailer again, Maxie and Archie look to be using their old art, which can't be a coincidence.

Once they start doubling down on this alternate universe $#!& everything is gonna get too convoluted.

They've already been doing this. The Delta Episode of ORAS started it, and now the possibilities of the Ultra Wormholes just adds to it.

As for Archie and Maxie, I know their plans were the same in the original games, but what does that have to do with the potential of a universe where they won? That goes for the others too. Cyrus should be in the Distortion World, Lysandre should probably be dead, and where the hell did Giovanni get his Mewtwo from?

They've already been doing this. The Delta Episode of ORAS started it, and now the possibilities of the Ultra Wormholes just adds to it.

As for Archie and Maxie, I know their plans were the same in the original games, but what does that have to do with the potential of a universe where they won? That goes for the others too. Cyrus should be in the Distortion World, Lysandre should probably be dead, and where the hell did Giovanni get his Mewtwo from?

I'm aware that they're concepts previous games introduced. I just think it's unnecessary. Fans already accept the suspension of disbelief, they don't need to justify the reason why species of Pokémon in the newer games aren't in older games by introducing the concept of each game being an alternate universe. It makes things needlessly complicated.

And the reason it matters that their plans being the same in the originals is because you brought up that they're wearing their old clothes. I don't really know what you were implying but I was just pointing out that it doesn't matter which version they're from because their plans ended the same regardless.

I brought it up because they did, in fact, win in their respective games. They just realized the errors of their ways when they saw it was going to completely destroy the world. They didn't stay as villains.

I'm aware that they're concepts previous games introduced. I just think it's unnecessary. Fans already accept the suspension of disbelief, they don't need to justify the reason why species of Pokémon in the newer games aren't in older games by introducing the concept of each game being an alternate universe. It makes things needlessly complicated.

And the reason it matters that their plans being the same in the originals is because you brought up that they're wearing their old clothes. I don't really know what you were implying but I was just pointing out that it doesn't matter which version they're from because their plans ended the same regardless.

I brought it up because they did, in fact, win in their respective games. They just realized the errors of their ways when they saw it was going to completely destroy the world. They didn't stay as villains.

For those who believe in the Pokémon Multiverse, each game isn't a separate universe, only a few are considered to be. Following the theory, FRLG, HGSS, RSE, DPPt, BW, and B2W2 are the original universe. XY, ORAS, and everything that follows is an alternate universe, where Mega Evolution was discovered. It has nothing to do with new species, only Mega Evolution.

And as for the Aqua and Magma Leaders, the apparent running theory is that they're from a world where they never saw the error of their ways. Take it with a grain of salt, of course. I was just saying that if it's true, it may have nothing to do with the prior versions of those guys we've met.

^ see? That first paragraph? That is ridiculous. That stuff doesn't need to be in a Pokémon game. The lore completely lost the plot when they introduced a Pokémon god, and all these extra stuff with alternate universes is so far away from what makes Pokémon a good franchise. This does not need to be so overly complicated. I can barely stand the Marvel Multiverse.

To be fair, does the lore of the Pokémon really matter that much? It is just the same thing with each generation just with a different villain with a slightly different goal. The same with the TV show as well. The only time the story gave me interest was the concept of what Team Plasma was fighting for in Gen V. I approach each Pokémon game with an interest on new mechanics and the new Pokémon added in that gen. Never really give the lore a 2nd thought.

^ see? That first paragraph? That is ridiculous. That stuff doesn't need to be in a Pokémon game. The lore completely lost the plot when they introduced a Pokémon god, and all these extra stuff with alternate universes is so far away from what makes Pokémon a good franchise. This does not need to be so overly complicated. I can barely stand the Marvel Multiverse.

There's a reason I called it a theory. The games don't actively talk about it, outside of Zinnia in the Delta Episode, but it's a way to explain why Mega Evolution exists in ORAS, despite that adventure taking place concurrently with FRLG, especially given that it seems to be a not fully understood phenomenon in XY.

The next batch of information comes out on November 10th! I'm assuming that this will be the last one, as the game releases just a week later.

They'll reveal a Hyrule Historia for the Pokémon franchise.

The next batch of information comes out on November 10th! I'm assuming that this will be the last one, as the game releases just a week later.

They'll reveal a Hyrule Historia for the Pokémon franchise.

Heh, I know you're joking about how you're not a fan of the lore, but I think that would actually be really cool. :P 

To be fair, does the lore of the Pokémon really matter that much? It is just the same thing with each generation just with a different villain with a slightly different goal. The same with the TV show as well. The only time the story gave me interest was the concept of what Team Plasma was fighting for in Gen V. I approach each Pokémon game with an interest on new mechanics and the new Pokémon added in that gen. Never really give the lore a 2nd thought.

To me it doesn't matter all that much. However, it is fun to adventure in a world that focuses on lore and background because it makes players feel like they understand the world.

Good examples of this are Elder Scrolls and Fallout games.

As everyone probably expected at this point, Ultra Moon leaked in its entirety. If you want to avoid spoilers, then don't look for Pokémon stuff for a bit. :P

Interesting that it's Ultra Moon this time, because it was also Moon that leaked first last year.

As everyone probably expected at this point, Ultra Moon leaked in its entirety. If you want to avoid spoilers, then don't look for Pokémon stuff for a bit. :P

Interesting that it's Ultra Moon this time, because it was also Moon that leaked first last year.

"I see a Ultra Moon a-rising

I see trouble on the way

I see earthquakes and lightning

I see bad times today

Don't go 'round tonight!

It's bound to take your life!

There's an Ultra Moon on the rise..."

I see trouble on the way

I see bad times today

Don't go 'round tonight!

I hear hurricanes ablowing.

I know the end is coming soon.

I fear rivers over flowing.

I hear the voice of rage and ruin.

The November 10th trailer shows off Mimikyu's new exclusive Z-Move that has been for a while in more detail. Considering anybody who sees Mimikyu's true form under the costume is supposed to die, it must be pretty dark under the costume for Tyranitar to have just fainted. :P The game launches in one week, so I imagine we won't see any more trailers besides the launch trailer; if we do, it'll probably be one at most.

Also, this is a tad late, but Marshadow codes stopped being given out after October. If you missed out, though, the codes themselves can be redeemed until February 2018, so if you manage to snag an unused code somewhere, you can still receive it.

All I think of when I hear "Ultra Moon" is someone severely overweight pulling their pants down.

Wouldn't that be two Ultra Moons?

I see trouble on the way

I see bad times today

Don't go 'round tonight!

Almighty bless you for continuing the Creedence Clearwater Revival reference.

All I think of when I hear "Ultra Moon" is someone severely overweight pulling their pants down.

Wouldn't that be two Ultra Moons?

I see trouble on the way

I see bad times today

Don't go 'round tonight!

Almighty bless you for continuing the Creedence Clearwater Revival reference.

Someone had to do it lol

I actually got to see John Fogerty live a couple years ago. He's getting old.

The Mimikyu Z move is basically vore. I don't know how to feel about that.

Related to the anime, Team Rocket once again shows that they are villains but not totally evil when they refuse to capture Lillie so that her memories could be erased for the good of the Aether Foundation.

How is the Sun and Moon anime? I don't usually watch the anime, but I watched the Sun and Moon one at the start and it seemed fun. Is it good?

I quite enjoy it. The animation has never been more smooth. The art style manages to stay true to the more comedic nature of this season. The story and characters are developing nicely and based on the leaks, we can expect some great stuff coming. I highly recommend giving it a try to those who have disregarded it because "the animation looks bad" (they really mean the art style but can't comprehend the difference so I leave them be). Long story short, give it a try. At least a few episodes. Character and story could use a bit more work at the start but in the current episodes airing in Japan we can start to see that they are going down the route of Ultra Sun/Moon which is probably why it had a slower start to compensate for the fact that they didn't want to tread too far into that territory until the games were due to release.

How is the Sun and Moon anime? I don't usually watch the anime, but I watched the Sun and Moon one at the start and it seemed fun. Is it good?

I have not watched it but the fact I've heard word of mouth about it at all speaks volumes. I've been told the animation is much improved and it's a lot more fun then it used to be. I did watch the battle between Ash and Misty and it was probably the best animation I've ever seen in a non-movie Pokémon anime.

I quite enjoy it. The animation has never been more smooth. The art style manages to stay true to the more comedic nature of this season. The story and characters are developing nicely and based on the leaks, we can expect some great stuff coming. I highly recommend giving it a try to those who have disregarded it because "the animation looks bad" (they really mean the art style but can't comprehend the difference so I leave them be). Long story short, give it a try. At least a few episodes. Character and story could use a bit more work at the start but in the current episodes airing in Japan we can start to see that they are going down the route of Ultra Sun/Moon which is probably why it had a slower start to compensate for the fact that they didn't want to tread too far into that territory until the games were due to release.

I was put off by the new art direction when it was first announced, but I checked it out when it first came out and those thoughts faded; I definitely prefered the style of the X and Y series, but this one isn't bad either, especially with some of the crazy expressions I saw when watching the first few episodes. They're really funny. :P

The last episode I remember watching was the pancake race. You're saying that plot seems to be getting somewhere, though? I wasn't 100% sold on it being a comedic, episodic-type thing. 

Edited by gooieooie

Until they finally sack Ash, I couldn't care less about the anime. Sadly, they won't ever do that.

Until they finally sack Ash, I couldn't care less about the anime. Sadly, they won't ever do that.

1000 episodes isn't too much of one character.