Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Double the script is not something they should be touting. People already $#!&@ about the cutscenes in base Sun and Moon.

Indeed. I'm one of those people!

And WTF collecting and raising Pokemon being easier...? I'm confused about that. Throw ball, catch Pokemon, battle, get exp. That's been the case in every game ever. What the heck are they doing differently?

I would say share EXP, but they already added that in gen 6. Unless it's unlimited Master Balls, I'm not sure.

• Upvote 1

EXP-wise, it's fine during the story, but when you're doing stuff post-game like training your Pokémon to Lv 100, it becomes much more difficult, with the only effective methods being to do the Elite Four over and over, or exploit the Battle Buffet for infinite goes in one day. Sun and Moon came right after ORAS, which allowed players to use Blissey Bases for effective levelling post-game, so it's something that I'm glad they're trying to fix somehow.

Collection-wise, I imagine they're referring to this in two ways. First off, they've already confirmed that the Pokédex is expanding, both with new Pokémon and more from past regions available to catch. Since you can't obtain these in Sun and Moon without transferring from older games, that makes collecting easier. Also, in Sun and Moon, there were many Pokémon that were only available if you got another kind of Pokémon to SOS call it; I can't imagine they'd get rid of this entirely, but it's possible they might make less of them like this and instead put them on that route's regular encounter list. 

Edited by gooieooie

I HATE the SOS function! Not only does it make getting some Pokémon more difficult than it needs to be (looking at you, Mareanie), but it also makes battles drag on simply because some wild Pokémon decided to keep calling for help. It isn't really an issue later in the game, but damn is it annoying as $#!& early on.

I HATE the SOS function! Not only does it make getting some Pokémon more difficult than it needs to be (looking at you, Mareanie), but it also makes battles drag on simply because some wild Pokémon decided to keep calling for help. It isn't really an issue later in the game, but damn is it annoying as $#!& early on.

What about when Bagon summons a level 10 Salamence?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

What about when Bagon summons a level 10 Salamence?

Then I'm bugged because there aren't supposed to be any level 10 Salamences! I never attempted to grind out SOS calls against Bagon because I knew such a low level Salamence would grate on my nerves.

I'd take a level 10 Salamence.

SOS calls open up some interesting opportunities, like chaining for shinies or getting cool Pokémon like Salamence, but I'd definitely like the option to turn it off, even just as a post-game reward. Becomes an inconvenience when you don't explicitally want to use it. I like using it for shinies, but when I'm not going for shinies, it makes battles drag on if you fail to end it in one turn.

I still need to get to pre-ordering one of them here in the near future.

I'm going to be doing a Wonder Trade session on October 31st centered around a couple of old creepypastas.

Yeah, I'm glad I did it. Plus amazon was selling it for $31 for people pre-ordering. (I have prime too, so maybe only for prime members, I don't remember).

It says it will arrive on the day of release. My only concern is that my amazon packages typically arrive in the late afternoon so I'm going to be spending all day twiddling my thumbs, waiting for it.

I still need to get to pre-ordering one of them here in the near future.

I'm going to be doing a Wonder Trade session on October 31st centered around a couple of old creepypastas.

Yeah, I'm glad I did it. Plus amazon was selling it for $31 for people pre-ordering. (I have prime too, so maybe only for prime members, I don't remember).

It says it will arrive on the day of release. My only concern is that my amazon packages typically arrive in the late afternoon so I'm going to be spending all day twiddling my thumbs, waiting for it.

It's a Prime member bonus. 20% game pre-orders within two weeks after coming out. Makes pre-ordering a game actually have value, instead of gated-off content, and it's not even really pre-ordering since the deal goes past the release date.

In order to earn points for the move tutors we must surf on the sea pancake Mantine.

Also, I believe we can expect ~100 things to do for the post game. Seems they are going the B2W2 route for the post game.

Yeah, seems as though they're trying to flesh out the post-game more! Sun and Moon's post-game wasn't very long, so I'm happy about this! Hopefully there's lots of fun stuff. (Battle Frontier...!)

Somewhat unrelated, but in regards to the new clothing items, I'm really hoping they allow you to earn the outfits of all the past protagonists; I've wanted that since X and Y. :P

Edited by gooieooie

Already have like all of the gen 3 Pokémon they released in Pokémon Go. I'm drowning in Duskull. Too bad I can't be drowning in Skitty instead.

Already have like all of the gen 3 Pokémon they released in Pokémon Go. I'm drowning in Duskull. Too bad I can't be drowning in Skitty instead.

Sorry your dating life sucks. Edited by Plattym3

Sorry your dating life sucks.

I'm too busy chasing after the Glameow, but I'm ending up with the Purugly.

• Upvote 1

A recent interview confirms we will be getting more stuff previously unknown to the fan base

Also new, a Japanese download code card for the game revealed that Team Rocket will appear in some capacity! Really interested to see what role they'll take; there's another picture on the same card which shows Lusamine's house within the Aether Paradise remodelled into a Rocket building, so they'll have a story presence of some kind.

Also new, a Japanese download code card for the game revealed that Team Rocket will appear in some capacity! Really interested to see what role they'll take; there's another picture on the same card which shows Lusamine's house within the Aether Paradise remodelled into a Rocket building, so they'll have a story presence of some kind.

There was an interview today that one French site that claimed the crew said there were no new alolan forms. Turns out that it was either for clickbait or they got the response mixed up(The actual question involved whether or not the Eevee family were getting Alolan forms in USUM, to which they said they weren't). TPCi's PR pointed out that no such claims were made.

Edited by Stepchan

Makes sense, I think their focus in regards to new Pokémon is creating new UBs for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. 

Recent interview confirms that the new Recon team will have two sides; one side wants to team up with Necrozma and the other wish to stop it.

Makes sense, I think their focus in regards to new Pokémon is creating new UBs for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. 

I should've worded that better.

This was what went down in the conversation(which I copied from another post elsewhere):

Basically, the French guy asked if Eevee would get an alola form or eeveelution in SM. Ohmori/Iwao then said that they didn't give Eevee an alolan form in USUM, but since Eevee is a pokemon that evolves in many different ways, maybe it could still get something, and if the French guy wanted to know more he should ask Kukui.

So yeah. The answer was only in response to whether or not Eevee was getting an Alola form/evo, not about Alola forms in general. Ohmori and Iwao didn't say anything else over it. If there are new forms, it's obvious they wouldn't spill the beans early.

And yeah, I know no new Alola forms have been revealed during this season, but sometimes Nintendo and TPCi have weird patterns with revealing things. Only time will tell.

Ooh! That'd be awesome! I'm always ready for a new Eeveelution!

November 2 at 10pm Japan time will be a new trailer. The director says we won't want to miss it.

Team Rainbow Rocket confirmed! Also, Giovanni recruited every team leader into it! 

Also, a new battle area called the Battle Agency that seems to be similar to the Battle Factory! You get rental Pokémon and fight with them!

And they expanded on the legendaries through the Wormholes, showing that you can get quite a lot! Seeing as how this is Gen 7's last game, it makes sense they'd fill it up with extra stuff like ORAS did.

And there's Totem Stickers to collect, which let you make your Pokémon the size of a Totem Pokémon! Not sure if you get the stat boost, though.

Just a few more weeks!

Edited by gooieooie

"I know you learned the error of your ways, but would you mind joining my evil organization?"

Team Rainbow Rocket confirmed! Also, Giovanni recruited every team leader into it! 

Also, a new battle area called the Battle Agency that seems to be similar to the Battle Factory! You get rental Pokémon and fight with them!

And they expanded on the legendaries through the Wormholes, showing that you can get quite a lot! Seeing as how this is Gen 7's last game, it makes sense they'd fill it up with extra stuff like ORAS did.

And there's Totem Stickers to collect, which let you make your Pokémon the size of a Totem Pokémon! Not sure if you get the stat boost, though.

Just a few more weeks!

This is exciting. Can't wait!