Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Anyone else on YouTube seeing an ad for a game called Mystery Pets? It is literally Pokémon stolen and being sold for mobile devices. One ad featured "Meag Lucario" and the game itself looked like basically just Pokémon X/Y, except played on a phone.

I think it's been around for a while. Basically a crappy knock-off of X and Y with bad translation, from what I've seen.

Funny how Nintendo takes down fangames, then leaves stuff like this up. :I

I've seen a rip off games called Drakomon that starts off exactly like any other Pokemon game and looks like a shameless copy paste of Pokemon X and Y.

Anyone else on YouTube seeing an ad for a game called Mystery Pets? It is literally Pokémon stolen and being sold for mobile devices. One ad featured "Meag Lucario" and the game itself looked like basically just Pokémon X/Y, except played on a phone.

I think it's been around for a while. Basically a crappy knock-off of X and Y with bad translation, from what I've seen.

I'm going to assume the characters used are different enough to where they get away with it.

Unlike the fangames where the characters themselves are copyrighted so they can take them down if they want.

Still shallow but getting them taken down can be tricky based on rules of legality when it comes to knock-offs.

I've seen a rip off games called Drakomon that starts off exactly like any other Pokemon game and looks like a shameless copy paste of Pokemon X and Y.

Here's the game in all its glory. Those starters...

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2_n3ULykBc]

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I've heard of the Ultra Sun/Moon news before, but late response:

Wow, only a year between base and update? I'm surprised, Ninty/Game Freak.

Pokemon Red and Blue came out September 28, 1998. Yellow came out October 18, 1999.

Gold and Silver - October 15, 2000

Crystal - July 30, 2001 

Black and White - March 6, 2011

B2W2 - October 7, 2012

Having a span of approximately 1 year is not unheard of. Gens 3 and 4 had remakes between the sequel game and gen 6 didn't even have a sequel game. So the one year wait is about what we should have expected

I wouldn't call Emerald a sequel at all. Was Platinum a sequel? They were enhanced remakes. Sort of like the "true ending" to a video game.

As of now, the only true sequels in Pokémon would be Black 2/White 2 and Gold and Silver.

Pokemon Red and Blue came out September 28, 1998. Yellow came out October 18, 1999.

Gold and Silver - October 15, 2000

Crystal - July 30, 2001 

Black and White - March 6, 2011

B2W2 - October 7, 2012

Having a span of approximately 1 year is not unheard of. Gens 3 and 4 had remakes between the sequel game and gen 6 didn't even have a sequel game. So the one year wait is about what we should have expected

Forgot about those. How stupid of me.

Maybe I should've clarified "exactly or less than one-year release between base game and definitive version/sequel (and yes, I know Yellow to Gold/Silver is a thing)," and even then, that would sound dumb.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

I wouldn't call Emerald a sequel at all. Was Platinum a sequel? They were enhanced remakes. Sort of like the "true ending" to a video game.

Yeah. This.

Some news on how Pokken Tournament DX will run while in docked mode.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/02/pokkn-tournament-dx-will-run-native-1280x720-resolution-switch-docked/

I'm more surprised they haven't tried getting those blatant ripoff books taken down. The ones with titles like "Diary of a farting Pikachu".

Got a quick question any one playing pokemon go and using a custom rom?

I have all the Kanto gyms beaten in Pokemon Gold. Next up is leveling and catching all the legendaries before Mt Silver.

Creepy...

Looking forward to hearing what this is all about.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/12/mysterious-pokemon-video-teases-reveal-for-next-week

Da fuq? This gonna have anything to do with that weird mystery I heard about in Pokémon X and Y that went unresolved?

Hmm...I'm intrigued.

I'm intrigued.

What's interesting is all the clip sources.

Honestly, though, I think it's just a teaser for some new game. Some of the translated text feels jokey.

I've been currently on a shiny hunt breeding for four shiny female Oricorio. Two down, two to go.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/12/mysterious-pokemon-video-teases-reveal-for-next-week

Da fuq? This gonna have anything to do with that weird mystery I heard about in Pokémon X and Y that went unresolved?

Interesting... :wd_coolslime:

Well, that's something you don't see every day.

Unless you choose to watch the same video every single day.

There was a video?

I was talking about someone posting here. It doesn't always happen every day.

There was a video?

I was talking about someone posting here. It doesn't always happen every day.

Discussion was partially resumed because of an article with a video in it.

Well, this is like four days in a row so keep at it guys so we can make Platty be wrong.

Edited by eal