Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Oh, I missed this response!

I've been feeling like replaying an older Pokémon game. I'm thinking Diamond, since I've wanted to do a playthrough of that game for a good while now. It was also my favorite game in the series until Sun and Moon, but I haven't played it since 2013 so I want to play it again and see which I prefer when they're both fresh. It would also be good to explore Sinnoh again since I'm feeling like Gen 4 remakes are the next games in line. :)

Platinum is better than Diamond in every way. Faster battle system, better regional dex, and a slightly better gym order.

But nostalgia would say otherwise for me! Way back when, I saw the Pokémon games everywhere, but for whatever reason, I'd never given them a shot. I never tried them until I picked up Diamond shortly after it launched at the recommendation of a few friends, who'd played past entries. Diamond was what made me fall in love with what is one of my favorite series, so naturally it holds a special place in my heart. :) That's also why I'm so excited for the possibility of Sinnoh remakes coming soon!

Edited by gooieooie

I've been feeling like replaying an older Pokémon game. I'm thinking Diamond, since I've wanted to do a playthrough of that game for a good while now. It was also my favorite game in the series until Sun and Moon, but I haven't played it since 2013 so I want to play it again and see which I prefer when they're both fresh. It would also be good to explore Sinnoh again since I'm feeling like Gen 4 remakes are the next games in line. :)

Platinum is better than Diamond in every way. Faster battle system, better regional dex, and a slightly better gym order.

But nostalgia would say otherwise for me! Way back when, I saw the Pokémon games everywhere, but for whatever reason, I'd never given them a shot. I never tried them until I picked up Diamond shortly after it launched at the recommendation of a few friends, who'd played past entries. Diamond was what made me fall in love with what is one of my favorite series, so naturally it holds a special place in my heart. :) That's also why I'm so excited for the possibility of Sinnoh remakes coming soon!

Nostalgia's great, but it oddly isn't a subjective thing this time. Platinum is straight up better in nearly all respects.

I prefered Platinum over Gen V. It felt like a much superior game.

Gen V just felt so average. In so many ways. Gen VI was better to me.

Nostalgia's great, but it oddly isn't a subjective thing this time. Platinum is straight up better in nearly all respects.

Maybe I'm due for a replay of Platinum, then. I've only played it once before returning to Diamond for future playthroughs.

My visits to these forums have been pretty sparce lately.

Anyway, haven't done too much major in the games lately. Started up another shiny project. For a shiny Popplio, which I got one on my second egg while MM breeding(Which is my fastest obtained Masuda Method shiny to date).

That felt anti-climatic, so I decided to also breed for a shiny of the opposite gender as well, which happens to be female. Now I get to see how it feels to breed for something like a shiny Salazzle(minus the males not evolving). I must be insane.

You are insane. But we wont hold that against you. ; )

Yep, yep, yep! :tounge2:

Anyway... :P:thumbsup:

Of course, this was decided because I got the first one so fast(I was expecting to at least hatch a few hundred eggs before getting a shiny at all). I am also keeping the shiny male, as I can do something different with it, move set(even if only partially) and item wise(I also have a name in mind, after an artist who loves the Popplio line).

Also, the next global mission that starts next Tuesday is focused on egg hatching, I'm pretty sure I'll still be trying to get a shiny female Popplio even after that happens.

If I do manage to get some crazy fluke luck with this(which I'm not ruling out, RNG can be crazy sometimes) before the global mission begins, I do have back up shiny plans for either a Pichu or a HA Cutiefly.

I'm glad about the water-type event in Pokémon Go. It's a type I really needed to work on, and maybe I'll even be able to evolve a Gyarados. Maybe I'll even get a shiny Pokémon!

Found a Sylveon plush at Target today. I thought I would have had to order something like that online, usually because I never see them in stores.

Really? I see those things in every Walmart and Target. Especially the Eeveelutions.

I've either been really unlucky, or the stores I've went to don't keep much stock of them. Although there was one time I went into a Walgreens and they had a bunch of Poke-plushes. They were all Gen 1 ones, with Eevees among them(I think these were available some time after Pokemon Go was available).

> Sees the Global Mission objective.

200,000 eggs hatched for 2,000 FC(4,000 for linked members).

Over 400,000 hatched adds a Love Ball.

> Last time I seen the hatched total is over 300,000.

This is just the starting day and the 400,000 goal is already in sight. I don't know why they underestimated this. 300,000 minimum with 600,000 giving the added extra would make more since.

It's definitely a far cry from the first Global Mission(catching Pokemon, 100,000,000 to exact), where they made a gross overestimate that the players were unable to complete. The second one was a failure as well(Finding Island Scan Pokemon, 1,000,000 was the goal. At least this one made it over half way).

Yeah, it went from impossible to easy after a few of the missions :P

Played a bit of Black 2, the music is way better than I remember! Not sure that I'll be doing a full playthrough at the moment, though, but it's fun seeing all this stuff- Gen 5 is easily the one I've remembered the least from, since I've never replayed a single game in the generation beyond the early parts.

Edited by gooieooie

Gen 5 has some decent music. But Gen 6 is where its at for me. So many memorable tunes for me.

And yes I know I'm in the minority there. But I cant help it. There are so many great tunes I listen to all the time.

Every generation has lots of great tracks, I think Sun and Moon have my favorite overall. 

Gen 5 has some decent music. But Gen 6 is where its at for me. So many memorable tunes for me.

And yes I know I'm in the minority there. But I cant help it. There are so many great tunes I listen to all the time.

I can't remember jack from Gen 6. It had really underwhelming tunes, outside of the Gym Leader battle theme. Gen 5, meanwhile, has:

Professor Juniper's theme

Gym Leader battle theme

Team Plasma Grunt battle theme

N's battle theme

N's final battle theme

Cheren and Bianca battle theme

Accumula Town theme

Driftveil City theme

Lacunosa Town theme

Route 10 theme

All those are just excellent and memorable.

I got it! I got it! I got it! I got my shiny female Popplio! Lucked out with the second shiny being what I wanted!

As for the names:

Shiny male is named Azeem and the shiny female is named Saoirse.

Next up is for a shiny HA Cutiefly(and yes, I will want a female). :tounge2:

Yeah, it went from impossible to easy after a few of the missions :P

The third one(GTS trades, 1,000,000 goal ... same as Island Scan one) was a success though. Someone had wondered if the earliest ones were tests to see how goals for future missions should be set.

Admittedly they still went way too far on the first one(considering the second got over 60% of the goal, it was a step in the right direction) if you considering how early on it was after Sun and Moon's release. There definitely weren't as many people with the games and not as many people with pgl accounts(I didn't start up my account until this year).

Edited by Stepchan
  • Upvote 1

I don't even use the Game Sync myself  :P That's another thing; it's not open to all players, but only to people who choose to set up a Global Link account. That, combined with the high goal, certainly made the first challenge pretty impossible! ;)

And congrats on the shiny Popplio! :D I'm planning on hunting for shinies soon, haven't done that much this generation so far.

Edited by gooieooie

I can't remember jack from Gen 6. It had really underwhelming tunes, outside of the Gym Leader battle theme. Gen 5, meanwhile, has:

Professor Juniper's theme

Gym Leader battle theme

Team Plasma Grunt battle theme

N's battle theme

N's final battle theme

Cheren and Bianca battle theme

Accumula Town theme

Driftveil City theme

Lacunosa Town theme

Route 10 theme

All those are just excellent and memorable.

Everyone has their preference. My fav soundtrack is Gen 2.

My songs from Gen 6 are:

Bicycle Theme

Lumiose City

Battle Maison

Elite 4 Theme

Team Flare Battle Theme

Professor's Theme

Rival Battle Theme

A couple more I forget

Gen 2 did have a wonderful soundtrack, didn't it? Especially the remakes. I absolutely adore the Team Rocket battle theme in HGSS.

Always was more partial to Gen 3's soundtrack. I played trumpet in middle school so I have a personal soft spot for the brass section.

Trumpet, of course, that explains so much.

Also Gen 5 is my favorite music wise.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

Trumpet, of course, that explains so much.

I'm sure you're more partial to the skin flute.

Having read your post, you sure you weren't actually a drummer?

ðŸ˜

Now I've gotta ask, which track did you like the most? N's castle theme is pretty good, Alder's Theme stuck tie me, but my gut reaction is definitely To Each Their Own Future.