When you still haven't beaten Pokémon Sun.

Damn, you're behind.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

I would have finished it earlier, but I got distracted by Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest, and one time I just kinda put the game down and didn't pick it up.

• Upvote 2

Kind of regret not leveling up more of my extra mons obtained during gen 6 first. Really should have done them at the time.

I've been feeling like replaying an older Pokémon game. I'm thinking Diamond, since I've wanted to do a playthrough of that game for a good while now. It was also my favorite game in the series until Sun and Moon, but I haven't played it since 2013 so I want to play it again and see which I prefer when they're both fresh. It would also be good to explore Sinnoh again since I'm feeling like Gen 4 remakes are the next games in line. :) 

So after picking up where I left off in Sun, I got to the bus stop on Route 10, so now I'll be taking the trial there.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

I've been feeling like replaying an older Pokémon game. I'm thinking Diamond, since I've wanted to do a playthrough of that game for a good while now. It was also my favorite game in the series until Sun and Moon, but I haven't played it since 2013 so I want to play it again and see which I prefer when they're both fresh. It would also be good to explore Sinnoh again since I'm feeling like Gen 4 remakes are the next games in line. :)

Platinum is better than Diamond in every way. Faster battle system, better regional dex, and a slightly better gym order.

Did several battles in the current competition. But I'm not sure how you get the entry gift unless it only becomes available after the competition ends.

Spent a dollar on Pokémon Go for the first time. I had like $15 just sitting there on my iTunes balance that I wasn't using so I figured dropping a buck for some Poke Balls to catch a new Pokémon wouldn't hurt. PokeDex is at like 110 right now. I'm actually having a really easy time catching these Gen 2 Pokémon.

• Upvote 1

Still on an item, Bottle Cap and leveling session.

I'm also having really bad luck trying to get a Apicot Berry(There are a few others I've yet to get as well, but they pop up on the previous islands).

Edited by Stepchan

*Game Syncs for the Battle Point global mission and fights in the Battle Tree*

That was frustrating!

While I did get enough BP to qualify, that place is far more merciless than ones in Gen 6. You can get particularly strong opponents straight from the beginning if luck so chooses.

Edited by Stepchan

Interesting thing of note: Since I did the February Alola competition, the team I used is currently locked(I assume this will stop after the tally ranks).

Edited by Stepchan

Currently breeding for a shiny Bounsweet with the egg move Play Rough(and preferably with the ability Oblivious).

Got my shiny Bounsweet! :wd_coolslime::thumbsup:

Named her Alena.

what.png

I'll have to use two Bottle Caps on it, which isn't a big deal. The only real annoyance is that it ended up with Leaf Guard, so I'll have to get an Ability Capsule to change it(thank goodness Ability Capsules are cheaper this gen).

Okay, PGL... Where is my ^&$%ing link to get the Mega Stones?! I keep looking around and can't find it!

Doing great in Pokémon Go. 124 caught so far, with a bunch of Pokémon close to evolving. Taking a trip next month AND two conventions so I expect to clean up. I nearly caught a Sudowoodo. Alas, not enough Poke Balls.

Got my shiny Bounsweet! :wd_coolslime::thumbsup:

Named her Alena.

what.png

When I get around to playing, I'm gonna make sure to have a female Tsareena in my party. I have a friend with really big hips I wanna name it after. She didn't appreciate it when I told her about it for some reason.

• Upvote 1

I used a female Tsareena (named Alena) in my party for a while, but I ultimately kept on using Decidueye due to his better movepool.

PGL is slow with their update(Still ain't up yet, although there is a work around to get to the link. I don't want to do it that way though, it feels like cheating).

Geeze... I just want my Mawilite... Mega Mawile is one of my signature megas.

Since I know the mega stones will also be available some time after the competitions for everyone I'm not entering anymore competitions. I'll just use my account for global missions from now on.

Still deciding which older game I want to play. I've started considered Gen 5. I only ever played them once, when I initially played them the first time (though I replayed Black 1 up to Castelia once, but that's not much at all), and I don't remember them too well; it'd be good to refamiliarize myself with those games.

Gen 4 or 5. Hm...

^

I've toyed with the idea of playing either Platinum or Heartgold not too long ago, haven't decided for sure.

I'll have to wait until I've cleared DQVIII(post game and such included, at least for what I'd count as a solid post game clearing) if I really want to do so anyway, so I don't have three games going at once.

I ended up using the pgl link that has the code while logged in to get my mega stones. You'd figure they would make sure to post the link officially on the day they said they'd be available.

The site must be run by the people who did the Nutshack cartoon. :P

Edited by Stepchan

Not too much going on(found out that I missed a clothing store ingame last night), but I've finished up some EV training and won my first Gold Bottle Cap nearly two nights ago. It's was pretty funny because I won a regular Bottle Cap first and then got a second draw that earned me the gold one.

Edited by Stepchan
  • Upvote 1

My visits to these forums have been pretty sparce lately.

Anyway, haven't done too much major in the games lately. Started up another shiny project. For a shiny Popplio, which I got one on my second egg while MM breeding(Which is my fastest obtained Masuda Method shiny to date).

That felt anti-climatic, so I decided to also breed for a shiny of the opposite gender as well, which happens to be female. Now I get to see how it feels to breed for something like a shiny Salazzle(minus the males not evolving). I must be insane.

My visits to these forums have been pretty sparce lately.

Anyway, haven't done too much major in the games lately. Started up another shiny project. For a shiny Popplio, which I got one on my second egg while MM breeding(Which is my fastest obtained Masuda Method shiny to date).

That felt anti-climatic, so I decided to also breed for a shiny of the opposite gender as well, which happens to be female. Now I get to see how it feels to breed for something like a shiny Salazzle(minus the males not evolving). I must be insane.

You are insane. But we wont hold that against you. ; )

Oh, I missed this response!

Platinum is better than Diamond in every way. Faster battle system, better regional dex, and a slightly better gym order.

But nostalgia would say otherwise for me! Way back when, I saw the Pokémon games everywhere, but for whatever reason, I'd never given them a shot. I never tried them until I picked up Diamond shortly after it launched at the recommendation of a few friends, who'd played past entries. Diamond was what made me fall in love with what is one of my favorite series, so naturally it holds a special place in my heart. :) That's also why I'm so excited for the possibility of Sinnoh remakes coming soon!

Edited by gooieooie

Oh, I missed this response!

But nostalgia would say otherwise for me! Way back when, I saw the Pokémon games everywhere, but for whatever reason, I'd never given them a shot. I never tried them until I picked up Diamond shortly after it launched at the recommendation of a few friends, who'd played past entries. Diamond was what made me fall in love with what is one of my favorite series, so naturally it holds a special place in my heart. :) That's also why I'm so excited for the possibility of Sinnoh remakes coming soon!

Nostalgia's great, but it oddly isn't a subjective thing this time. Platinum is straight up better in nearly all respects.

I prefered Platinum over Gen V. It felt like a much superior game.

Gen V just felt so average. In so many ways. Gen VI was better to me.