• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

Step, that was absolutely golden! Definitely one of the funniest videos I've seen in a while.

Didn't find the video super funny myself, but I kinda imagined it like Sylveon was just together with all of the Pokémon she was making fun of like some mean coach or something. Like she'd walk down the line and go "Oh, you... the birdbrain!" :P

So I thought I'd share something neat; a friend and I are doing a "CageLocke" challenge playthrough together in Pokémon X and Y!

Essentially, it's a versus Nuzlocke. You do a normal Nuzlocke, but after every gym, you stop progressing and battle the other player with one Pokémon each. Loser's Pokémon dies and must be released, like they would in a regular in-game battle, and the winner gets to choose one of three benefits for the Pokémon they battled with that bend the rules a bit. There's a bit more to it than that, but that's the basics. I'm very excited to give it a try! :) 

• Upvote 1

I remember Nate and Dookie doing one before. ^

While filling my Alola dex, I've gotten my second full-odds shiny. It's a Scyther. I'm not 100% sure I'll be keeping it(Same with the shiny Cottonee that is now a Whimsicott, but that's because I have two shiny Whisicotts already and that was my 5th shiny Cottonee in total when adding Gen 6 into the equation), but you never know.

It's pretty funny too. When it popped out of the tree the first thing I thought was "It's that it's normal colors?"

It's night time currently in game for me, so I thought it could have been an illusion due to it being dark.

It'll probably be the last shiny I've gotten prior to completing the dex and getting the Shiny Charm, unless this Carvahna I'm about to breed from Sharpedo ends that way(unlikely, although I am using a foreign Ditto, I'm only going for one egg).

After this, next up is a lot of legendary catching, starting with the Tapus.

Edit: Too many typos! :P

Edited by Stepchan
  • Upvote 1

Caught Tapu Lele, but ended up resetting a few times prior, here's why:

1st time caught(hilariously enough, crit capture in a Heal Ball), Calm nature. I hate when nature synchro gets unlucky(Went for Timid nature, since I do want it as a team option).

2nd time was taking way too long and I ended up using too many balls. Dinner was ready anyway, so I stopped at that point.

3rd time, I accidentally ran away(wasn't looking when using my stylus).

My Tapu Lele actually has very good IVs(besides the 3 perfect, Special Attack is near perfect and Defense is very good), I haven't nickname it yet. Saving that until after getting the dex complete.

e32.gif

Edited by Stepchan

Finally got all the buyable clothing, accessories(Seriously, that mall boutique in Hau'oli City is seriously expensive) and TMs out of the way.

I've had pretty good luck with getting Bottle Caps overall. I currently have 62.

Edited by Stepchan

Just caught a shiny Magikarp. Third shiny in Sun version so far and the first one after getting the Shiny Charm

(Checks it out)

It's Adamant! Awesome!

Finally got all the buyable clothing, accessories(Seriously, that mall boutique in Hau'oli City is seriously expensive) and TMs out of the way.

I've had pretty good luck with getting Bottle Caps overall. I currently have 62.

62?! Where do you get so many?!

I got the TMs out of the way a while back, currently working on the clothing. I've only done a few shops; I'm saving the Hau'oli City Mall's clothing shop for last. :P

I got the vast majority of my Bottle Caps from fishing on Poni Island, mostly in Seafolk Village(which was also where I got my most recent shiny).

Woah! So I just found out you can leave the Battle Buffet while you're doing it, and they'll let you start a new session when you re-enter!

Considering most of the Trainers inside give out more than the entry price when you beat them, you're not losing anything, so this could be a good levelling spot! Seems fairly slow though.

Currently have 82 Bottle Caps. I've also switched to solely doing the Rare Treasure section of Isle Aphun, mainly because it has the best shot of getting Gold Bottle Caps(I would like to at least to get a small amount of them).

As for the regular Bottle Caps, I'll stop after I get above 100(with me fishing up extras on rare occasions). This is just to be sure I have plenty for awhile.

Edit: Forgot something!

Serebii's fishing section on Sun and Moon does cover this, but I checked earlier today to see what exact items could be fished up on each island.

Melemele -

Pearl

Big Pearl

Pearl String

Akala -

Pearl

Big Pearl

Heart Scale

Ula Ula -

Pearl

Big Pearl

Prism Scale

Poni -

Pearl

Sticky Barb

Bottle Cap

Edited by Stepchan

Cool. Dozens of Gen 2 Pokémon are coming to Pokémon Go. I really liked the Valentine's Day event as well. Added a bunch of Pokémon to my Pokedex.

• Upvote 1

So they are adding more generations in. ^

Finished Hyper Training a bunch of mons I already had at level 100. Had 105 Bottle Caps when I started it, ended up with 38 leftover(and I still have more to Hyper Train, they're just not at 100 yet). I definitely need to keep up with Bottle Cap farming on and off.

Edited by Stepchan

I really won't be able to enjoy the update a whole lot until Spring. My local community is pretty much in seasonal retirement and I have to drive in order to get to any notable locations. Spring needs to arrive sooner.

Edited by Twinkie

I've entered into the February online competition. Although I'm not going to battle in it too much, it will give me some experience as to what it's like.

That and the fact that two mega stones are participation gifts for entering. One of those being one of my signature ones.