Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Has anybody come to a reasonable way as to how Legendaries are born since they can't be bred(in game at least).

The Infinite Monkey Theory.

The basis of it is: Given an infinite amount of time, anything can and will happen.

Also, I'm pretty sure Deoxys is a mutation.

Edited by ryangroovy

Deoxys is an alien space virus who fell in earth in a meteor.

Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyuurem are incomplete version of one Pokemon.

Arceus is God.

Mew... Mew can transform in any Pokemon and is said to be the origins of all the others... It is basically a buffed-up Ditto...

It's the only inexplicable one I can think of right now....

Heartran is also strange.... Since it can come in both Male and Female version, that should mean that there is more than one...

Maybe it takes too much time to create a new Heartran...

Apparently, there's a lugia family in the anime, so I'm kinda at lost here...

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

I believe he was asking how they are born, not their origins.

Manaphy can breed, although not make a new Manaphy. Lucario can breed too, but there's some debate over whether or not he is a legendary.

As you know, Genesect was sort of a creation, although it's unknown who it's Pokemon of origin is.

From what I gather, Darkrai came from someone's dreams.

Mewtwo is a clone.

Shaymin and Celebi have more of their family in the movies.

I'm missing a couple, but that's all I can think of right now.

EDIT: Volcarona can breed. Zoarark can breed.

Edited by ryangroovy

Even though we may not know the specifics as to how each legendary came to be, it all eventually traces back to Arceus. Well, except for Mewtwo- he was artificially created.

I think, and this is only an opinion, that Groudon, Raquaza, and Kyogre came from one uber creature. Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf came from one egg, made from Arceus(this has been stated). Entie has some conflict from the anime and the game. This will be a tough one.

There's still the debate between Arceus and Mew... Mew is supposed to have the DNA for every Pokemon, but Arceus is God.

And I'm pretty sure Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem seems to be also different...

Genesect is a Prehistoric Insect that was modified by Team Plasma

Then, there's Unown, who is still one of the strangest Pokemon....

I thought that Entei, Raikou, Suicune were linked to Ho oh somehow...

And in the no breed group, the strangest case is Nidorina/Nidoqueen. Nidoran F can breed, but not her evolutions...

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

I don't think that the Nidoqueen Nidoking thing is all that weird (well maybe the Nidoking) but there is some basis for a female losing the ability to breed in older age, or in this case evolution.

It's all odd, but fun to postulate about.

Well Nidoqueen, I can get it, and she was exposed to the moon

(Wait, moon equals fertility in some cultures, well...)

But Nidorina isn't that old. If you compare age and evolution, Nidorina is young woman, and Nidoran F is still a girl... That's pretty backwards...

Overthinking minor details is what makes all true fan ! :wd_coolslime:

All 8 gyms cleared.

Spoilered the next part.

Finished the Team Plasma/Kyurem part of the story, Ghetsis looked like he was throwing a tantrum in his battle animation. Except for the annoyance with his Elektross and Hydreigon, he wasn't a problem.

Now preparing for end game stuff.

I should be able to get access to Drought Vulpix sometime soon.

In the anime, Entie was created by the Unknown. In the game, Entie died and Ho-oh brought it and the other two back to life. It sure is different. And as for the older Nidoran forms not being able to breed, that's just wrong. It is pretty much certain that they have a gender, so they should be able to breed(it seems like they can in the anime. This is never actually proven though)

In the anime, Entie was created by the Unknown. In the game, Entie died and Ho-oh brought it and the other two back to life. It sure is different.

Not really a conflict there...?

I'm finding some interesting stuff on Ho-Oh.

In the anime, Entie was created by the Unknown. In the game, Entie died and Ho-oh brought it and the other two back to life. It sure is different.

Not really a conflict there...?

I'm finding some interesting stuff on Ho-Oh.

I'm refering more to the movie Entie, which is different than the game Entie(just the generic anime Entie, I can't speak much about it).

Two things: One: Demo, it's "Entei", not "Entie". Two: Nidoking can breed. However, since Nidoqueen cannot, a Nidoking+Ditto egg has a chance of hatching into Nidoran F. ....Or was it the other way around (Nidoqueen+Ditto egg has a chance of hatching into Nidoran M)? All I remember is it's one of the two.

Update: OK, I looked on Serebii.net. If you breed Nidoqueen with a Ditto, the egg produced will have a 50% chance of hatching into Nidoran M.

Edited by DragonGaurdian

Two things: One: Demo, it's "Entei", not "Entie". Two: Nidoking can breed. However, since Nidoqueen cannot, a Nidoking+Ditto egg has a chance of hatching into Nidoran F. ....Or was it the other way around (Nidoqueen+Ditto egg has a chance of hatching into Nidoran M)? All I remember is it's one of the two.

Update: OK, I looked on Serebii.net. If you breed Nidoqueen with a Ditto, the egg produced will have a 50% chance of hatching into Nidoran M.

Oops, my bad. Anybody know if Tauros can be bred?

To answer your question... I know it can breed with Miltank... But I'm not sure if it can be Ditto-bred for another Tauros. All I can say is try it and see what the Daycare Man says. As long as it's not "They prefer to play with other Pokemon", you'll get that Tauros Egg.

Then I will have my super Tauros yet!

Maybe unrelated with the current breeding talk, but...

I didn't quite get it. Are event Pokémon tradable with friends over Wi-Fi?

If so, does anybody have a Level 15 Genesect with all of its original moves? For reference, those moves are Magnet Bomb, SolarBeam, Signal Beam and Techno Blast.

I can trade with whoever has a Genesect that meets those criteria, and give him/her/it an event-exclusive LV. 50 Darkrai or LV. 70 Mewtwo, both with their original event moves, in exchange for the Paleozoic Pokémon.

So... anybody willing?

Edited by Gooptek

-pops up out of nowhere-

Eh, I'm a little late for the discussion, but better late than never..

I believe you can trade event Pokemon over Wi-Fi but not the GTS. I am interested in this Darkrai trade (I never liked Genesect much...). What are its special moves?

Edit: Oh yes, forgot my favorites. I have a lot, but the ones I can think of right now are Darkrai, Suicune, Shiftry, and Seadra.

Edited by MadMoai

Favorite: Dragonite, larvitar, bulbasaur, keckleon etc. ( I have a ton more)

Least Favorite: Bidoof, ratata... O_o

I've been meaning to post the whole list of favorites.

On a side, I've had good luck with catching Cobalion, Virizion and Terrakion. None of them took more than a few balls(Cobalion in one). A far cry from the crap I dealt with on Route 5.

It's the same thing with Volbeat and Illumise. They are the same monsters, but one ismale and the other female...

Why, thank you for accepting my trade offer...

Y ahora, vamos a bailar un Mambo con Trapinch!

Y con música para complementarlo!

Trapinch_bailando.gif

I honestly don't know if this is Mambo dance, but, well...

....Oooookaaaaaaay.... the dancing Trapinch was... unusual. ...Well, it's better than a Carameldansen-ing Lucario, at least. (Yes, someone actually did that on Youtube. Lucario does NOT Carameldansen!)

Bulbasaur :D

How do Pokemon lay eggs? Some are so small, but the eggs always seem to be the same size...