Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

In that case, I can never complete my Pokedex, since I have missed out on Mew, Celebi, Zoroark, Genesect, Keldeo, ect. and many others to come. At least I have a Jirachi and Manaphy.

Uhmmm.... Cairne Gotha, sorry for this, but.... *ahem* HOLD IT! Aren't you allowed to trade events over GTS Negotiations?

And Demo, Zoroark isn't an event-only Pokemon. In Black 2 and White 2, you get N's old Zorua from Ex-Plasma Sage Rood in Driftveil City. You can train it and make it evolve into Zoroark.

Edited by DragonGaurdian

Uhmmm.... Cairne Gotha, sorry for this, but.... *ahem* HOLD IT! Aren't you allowed to trade events over GTS Negotiations?

And Demo, Zoroark isn't an event-only Pokemon. In Black 2 and White 2, you get N's old Zorua from Ex-Plasma Sage Rood in Driftveil City. You can train it and make it evolve into Zoroark.

That's good news. But I still miss out on several others

Kind of a shame I don't live closer. I could help on some of those.

I was going to suggest trading over WiFi, but I'm assuming that's not an option. But regardless, I don't think event Pokemon count towards PokeDex completion, so that shouldn't really be a problem.

Edited by RedJ

Uhhhh, yeah. ....Hey, Demo, do you have access to Wi-Fi? If so, I could (once I bring these over to Black 2) trade you Mew, Celebi, Arceus, Keldeo and Genesect, and then have you trade them back to me immediately. This way you'd at least have them registered in the Pokedex.

Oh, and to whoever said that event-onlys aren't required to fill the 'Dex..... well, you're half-right. As far as I know, the event-onlys for Gen. V aren't required. The event-onlys for Gens I-IV, however, are. The event-onlys for Gen. V have slots that ONLY appear in the Pokedex if you either have them or if you have the one after them (in which their slot will be 'undiscovered'). The Gen. I-IV event-onlys, however, have Pokedex slots that are already in the National Dex, even if you don't have them yet. So in other words, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Darkrai, Shaymin, Manaphy and Arceus are required for National 'Dex completion. Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect, at least as far as I know, are not.

Edited by DragonGaurdian

Genesect is available for another week via wifi - if you have B2/W2 that is; once on b2/w2 you can trade it to b/w though.

By trading, I meant wifi or IR trading.

As I said, it may require luck, and you might have to settle for a "data trade", ie, trade and trade back.

I'm still perpetually resetting my White 2 for further genesect.

*edit* serves me right for leaving the pc mid-post :)

Edited by Sorgatani

Uhhhh, yeah. ....Hey, Demo, do you have access to Wi-Fi? If so, I could (once I bring these over to Black 2) trade you Mew, Celebi, Arceus, Keldeo and Genesect, and then have you trade them back to me immediately. This way you'd at least have them registered in the Pokedex.

I don't have access to Wi-Fi sadly.

What's IR trading?

Also, on Mystery Gift, I noticed that there is an infrared option. What does that do?

IR stands for infra-red - the 'red' or 'ir' option on the C-Gear - two people in the same room, the games communicating wirelessly.

The IR option for Mystery Gift, as far as I know, is for receiving mystery gifts from other people. I think the rotom key from platinum might have been passable - but most mystery gifts are either wireless (longer range than infra-red, and only require one game cart) or wifi (online) nowadays.

With regards to shinies, well I just caught a shiny pidove in the White 2 game I've been resetting.

I've started playing Pokemon again this year, I've been out since Platinum. I bought White, Gold and now White 2. It's bad I don't have as much free time nowadays with college and work occupying most of it, it will take forever for me to get a team ready again D:

But let's trade/battle some time anyway.

IR stands for infra-red - the 'red' or 'ir' option on the C-Gear - two people in the same room, the games communicating wirelessly.

The IR option for Mystery Gift, as far as I know, is for receiving mystery gifts from other people. I think the rotom key from platinum might have been passable - but most mystery gifts are either wireless (longer range than infra-red, and only require one game cart) or wifi (online) nowadays.

With regards to shinies, well I just caught a shiny pidove in the White 2 game I've been resetting.

Ah, I see now. I could have sworn that one could also use the IR to pass on wifi events to other people.

Maybe I'll just hack the event Pokemon. I don't need them to be special, I just need the data for them.

DragonGuardian, I do not know if you can GTS Negotiate for events, I guess it could be possible...but most people on negotiation are trolls. I hate it and it takes way too long to barter.

Edited by Cairne Gotha

Meh, I've gotten some decent stuff off of Negotiations. Some guy was either dumb enough or desperate enough to trade me their Reshiram in my White version. I also scored a Shiny Abra and a Shiny Salamence.

Demo, just curious: What version are you talking about? Is it Black/White or Black 2/White 2?

I only have Black and White right now. I'm getting White 2 for Christmas.

Ah, OK. Cuz I was about to say, if it's Black 2 or White 2, there aren't any codes out yet for the U.S. versions.(I know this because I, out of desperation to find a Shiny, was trying to find the Full Pokedex cheat so I could get the Shiny Charm.)

Ah, OK. Cuz I was about to say, if it's Black 2 or White 2, there aren't any codes out yet for the U.S. versions.(I know this because I, out of desperation to find a Shiny, was trying to find the Full Pokedex cheat so I could get the Shiny Charm.)

I would much rather complete the NationalDex then use the Full Pokedex cheat.

Maybe I'll just hack the event Pokemon. I don't need them to be special, I just need the data for them.

After two weeks of fail on Route 5(well, minus an evolution stone), I'm tempted to cheat device the hidden grotto.

OK, I'll just beat the Champion in Black 2.

When playing, I had the same feeling thanwhen I played DQIX. The feeling that this world is... real...

There's a story behind it.... The events 2 years ago, the old legends... That's such a great game...

I also had the feeling that beating the champion isn't the end, but just a part of the story....

For the bad news... I lost my White cartridge... :worried:. I'll buy White 2, I guess

Just one question : How many Pokemon should I see to access the Nature Sanctuary.... There's a Plasma who showed me reshiram and zekrom. and the old lady showed me the three Weather gods, but for Keldeo, and the other events, I've no way to obtain them...

I found out on the Serebii forums that, thankfully, you DO NOT need the 3 event-onlys to complete the Unova Dex (doing so is required to access the Nature Sanctuary). So you only need to see 297 of the technically 300 in the Unova Pokedex.

Edited by DragonGaurdian

I found out on the Serebii forums that, thankfully, you DO NOT need the 3 event-onlys to complete the Unova Dex (doing so is required to access the Nature Sanctuary). So you only need to see 297 of the technically 300 in the Unova Pokedex.

That is good news.