So, Sun and Moon are confirmed. It appears like it'll probably take place in a more tropical place and based on the Sun and Moon and rainbows, Inca culture or possibly Mayan or Aztec culture could be implemented. Quezalcoatl anyone?

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

I definitely wouldn't rule it out as a possibility. Plus, it fits in with the whole lore thing they like to do.

• Upvote 1

I think it's so cool that they're going to allowed up-trading between the Virtual Console releases of Red, Blue, and Yellow and Sun and Moon. It's a great marketing scheme.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 4

Bought a used copy of Pokemon Pearl today. It had a relatively new save file on it and the trainer only had about 4 pokemon, one of which is a Giratina. I'll definitely swipe that one off when I get around to starting a new game once I get finished with Heart Gold.

So, Sun and Moon are confirmed. It appears like it'll probably take place in a more tropical place and based on the Sun and Moon and rainbows, Inca culture or possibly Mayan or Aztec culture could be implemented. Quezalcoatl anyone?

That would be really neat, I'd love to have some pokemon in that style.

I'm curious about something. With the new VC releases of 1st gen. Will you be able to trade to get trade evolutions on the games or are you going to be screwed in that department?

I'm curious about something. With the new VC releases of 1st gen. Will you be able to trade to get trade evolutions on the games or are you going to be screwed in that department?

I believe they were implementing some kind of wireless trade, though I can not confirm if it is local wireless or worldwide wireless.

Decided to test out if you can get more evolution stones through the same Super Training level. Found out you can, but I kept having bad luck(I needed two more Shiny Stones. I only needed one Dawn Stone thankfully) until I finally got another Shiny Stone(the first that I needed) and the last one came a couple of battles later.

I believe they were implementing some kind of wireless trade, though I can not confirm if it is local wireless or worldwide wireless.

It should only be local wireless. It's just changing out the link trading for local wifi trading.

Question: Am I able to trade Diamond/Pearl Pokemon to Heart Gold if I lack the National pokedex? My google fu has failed me here.

Edited by Bururian

It should only be local wireless. It's just changing out the link trading for local wifi trading.

Question: Am I able to trade Diamond/Pearl Pokemon to Heart Gold if I lack the National pokedex? My google fu has failed me here.

You can't. The only workaround is by trading them to an HGSS game that does have the natdex and then trading them to the natdexless HGSS save from former HGSS save.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Ok, that makes sense. I have a Giratina on Pearl I will need to move off, and i don't have Black/White to move it to, only X and Heart Gold. So I have to go backwards.

I don't understand, what do you mean by backwards?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Ok, that makes sense. I have a Giratina on Pearl I will need to move off, and i don't have Black/White to move it to, only X and Heart Gold. So I have to go backwards.

I don't understand, what do you mean by backwards?

Sent from my Nexus 6

I guess that doesn't make sense. They were in the same gen since Heart Gold is a remake. So it shares the dex with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. I'm still thinking it's old since it's Gen 2. It's more of a side step and not backwards, so to speak.

I have the game and have traded with my sister Via Local Wireless. There does not seem to be any online wireless.

I also just noticed that only Mew, Darkrai, Arceus, and Genesect are obtained from gamestop cards this year. The rest are just gotten over nintendo network. That's good, I was worried they'd all be from gamestop.

I have the game and have traded with my sister Via Local Wireless. There does not seem to be any online wireless.

I also just noticed that only Mew, Darkrai, Arceus, and Genesect are obtained from gamestop cards this year. The rest are just gotten over nintendo network. That's good, I was worried they'd all be from gamestop.

I just hope the rest are not hard to acquire, Arceus especially. I'll be going to my Gamestop on the first day to get myself a card. Thankfully the employees will only give you one card.

Same, I got lucky when getting the mew card because I got the one person that works at my local gamestop that isn't a total jerk.

That's funny because I realized that last night m'self. They supposedly went really quick so I'll be going day one if its a Pokemon I need. I imagine getting Arceus is going to be a nightmare.

I feel like I'm the only person who has had positive experiences with the employees, if not the company itself. Overzealous pushing to pre-order and occasionally forced conversions aside.

That's funny because I realized that last night m'self. They supposedly went really quick so I'll be going day one if its a Pokemon I need. I imagine getting Arceus is going to be a nightmare.

I feel like I'm the only person who has had positive experiences with the employees, if not the company itself. Overzealous pushing to pre-order and occasionally forced conversions aside.

I was an assistant manager at a gamestop back in 2005. I've been forever burned by the experience.

Quick question: was the original "trilogy" of GameBoy games released on the eshop yet? And if so, do they support any color features or are they in black and white like all other GameBoy eshop titles?

I have no doubt working for GameStop was a horrible experience. All you've got to do is google it and you can find pages of tell-alls. I love reading them. Forcing to cut employee's hours or fire them outright for failing to get enough pre-orders, making them lie to the customers to push sales. I heard there was a quota of sorts where your number of pre-orders had to balance a certain way with your number of overall sales. That's why there could be two salespeople and one would stand around while the other took customers.

EDIT: Why yes, Yangus. I'm actually surprised you didn't hear they came out on the 27th. They made a big to-do about it. And they look as is.

Edited by eal

Yangus, R/B are in black and white. Yellow is in color.

Basically you had pre-order quotas and magazine sub quotas to fill, if you weren't making them, you'd get a cut in hours. Management is nearly impossible to be mobile in, it is essentially wait for someone to quit or get promoted so you can move into their position. Our manager was a terrible person. I don't know if GS does this anymore but your bonus as a manager used to be based on the hours you worked on average in a year. Our boss was caught shaving off time from every single employee so he could bank it into his own time and make his bonus bigger. 

Actually I didn't realize they released on Saturday. I knew it was sometime soon, just wasn't exactly sure when.

Maybe I'll pick up a copy of Yellow then if I have enough gift card money in my eshop account.

Edit: D'OH! I'm short 3 bucks.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit