Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

*is female*

Fair enough. Can't even access breeding until post-e4 anyway.

I used to take it for granted >.>

Egg trading for ability works if the person has saved, hatched the egg to see the ability and then reset.

I guess I'm lucky. I was never the breeder(except in FR/LG, I bred the ultimate Swinub offspring after 60 hours of labour). Must suck for those who rely on it.

It does suck. I don't rely on it, but I like to have it, and being unable to access it is quite a hit on my playing style.

Yeah, that it does. Although looking at my attempts to get a female Minccino from the hidden grotto, I realize that what I'm doing still pales in comparison to what some people do just get a shiny starter(literally thousands of soft resets).

Edited by Stepchan

Yeah, that it does. Although looking at my attempts to get a female Minccino from the hidden grotto, I realize that what I'm doing still pales in comparison to what some people do just get a shiny starter(literally thousands of soft resets).

Even if they get a shiny starter, nobody says it'll have a decent nature.

My Heartgold got a Adamant Shiny Cyndaquil. :D

And then my file corrupted for the second time...

I have a suckish team for the first Elite Four challenge. I'm really tempted to trade over my Miltank.

Even if they get a shiny starter, nobody says it'll have a decent nature.

I think most are more in wanting bragging rights than any concern for their natures. I actually got a good nature on my shiny Caterpie(good for it's final evolved form), it's Timid.

To continue off from the last messages post on the shout out box.

Hidden grottos work like this (Spoilered, although not story related)

Every 256 steps yields a 5% chance to generate something in a grotto. When it does generate, 40% chance it's a normal item, 40% chance it's a hidden item and 20% chance it's a Pokemon. This can become a problem, as there are times I've had massive dry spells with the grotto spawns. On route 5, the Pokemon that you can get randomly are Foongus, Liepard and of course... Minccino. Foongus is 15%, Liepard is 4% and Minccino is 1%. I feel like I'm being trolled ingame, considering the abyssmal results I've gotten.

I swear that games are designed to troll people when they try to get something and when you're not, you find the rare stuff.

Edit:Look at this:charizard.jpg

Edited by Democrobot

Like when I was wanting an Attribeauty for the longest time in DQ9?

Then I finally got one, then found two more not too long ago(and getting a map with easy chest timer exploits for them).

Like when I was wanting an Attribeauty for the longest time in DQ9?

Then I finally got one, then found two more not too long ago(and getting a map with easy chest timer exploits for them).

That pretty much seems how these things work.

I swear that games are designed to troll people when they try to get something and when you're not, you find the rare stuff.

Looks nice, although Charizard does not match my style.

I prefer invertebrate animals and, therefore, Pokémon based off from invertebrate animals.

Looks nice, although Charizard does not match my style.

I prefer invertebrate animals and, therefore, Pokémon based off from invertebrate animals.

I would much rather have a Swinub one.

Any time you're "shiny-hunting", the nature can fail you >.>

My 'MM' attempts have been a little bit like that - the first shroomish I tried for, well I would have liked adamant/poison heal. It was naive with effect spore, so I traded it to my nephew, who didn't care and thinks it's awesome :P

My tangela, I was going for Modest. Hidden ability would've been a bonus, but it has chlorophyll. At least it is Modest.

My poliwag, well I was trying for modest/swift swim. I got swift swim, but it is gentle. However, the IVs aren't horrible, and I wouldn't have minded water absorb (damp would've been a bit of a let-down).

Skorupi, well I don't have my shiny yet (funnily enough a new game came out and I've been playing that instead)

Likewise for shroomish attempt #2. This time I have hidden ability to try for, so that's a 2/3 chance.

I won't say it's easy. So far only one of my MM attempts has taken fewer than 1000 eggs, and it's more than 2000 skorupi thus far.

Shiny charm will come in handy in the future, but I won't be holding my breath.

On the plus side, my shiny sandile turned out to be Adamant with Moxie, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

No shiny encounters in B2 yet.

While I have had a couple shinies pop up in G2(which is pointless with the generation reset), one in G3(breeding sentrets, a shame I didn't keep the game) and one in G4, I've yet to have one pop up in G5.

In some ways, it's funny. I never expect shinies to pop up, and that's how I usually end up running into them.

I have been playing for years and have never ever had a single shiny pop up. I think I'm due.

Funny how shinies work. I seem to have captured one or more in each gen since they appeared.

My nephew's the same way. He got a shiny Liepard in his original White version.

Edited by Stepchan

I'm currently working on completing the Unova Dex on my White before I get B2/W2. Maybe I'll even complete my HG before I get B2/W2. Then I can use the transfer lab to transfer all my Pokemon.

Transfering some earlier generation pokes are what I plan on doing as well. At least once I finally get my charger for my old DS back.

I'm assuming after I get the feature unlocked on a copy of B2/W2, I should have almost 3/4 of the National Dex complete(after transfering them over).

Bringing up the original Lavender Town theme again.

I recently found out that the age 0f 19 or lower isn't the correct age of those who can hear the third tone.

Anyone with normal hearing can hear the third tone(the highest one) if they are under 45.

That explains why I was able to tell a difference between the original and second version despite me being in my 30s.

I'm pretty sure the only absolutely unobtainable Pokemon is Meloetta. And She should probably be out fairly soon...

Moloetta also wouldn't count towards completion of the Dex until next gen.

Is there any way to get event Pokemon after the event without hacking?

Is there any way to get event Pokemon after the event without hacking?

Trading, if you're very fortunate.

You can't trade events via GTS these days because they have a special ribbon. So you'd have to have a friend or acquaintance willing to trade it off to you. Unless other countries don't have the ribbon issue on GTS.