It isn't all that difficult. I evolved a Hitmontop just yesterday. Around level 19 check it's stats and either its Attack or Defense will probably be just one or two points higher than the other (this is of course depends on what Pokemon you've had it fight), so all you need to do is give it the right medicine to even it out.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

I mainly meant getting the 36 EVs in Attack, but only because I can't really depend on the drinks to boost stats(they're in increments of 10) like I can for evolving Hitmonchan. If I have large Attack training bags in Super Training(If I remember right, they're 12 points each), then I can do it. That other annoyance is that I'll need Reset Bags afterward.

It's a shame that Technician Hitmontop is far more niche(I might do a Techni-top later on though, to see what it can do), a Jolly nature would have been ideal for it.

Edited by Stepchan
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

Well, I transferred my Yellow Version team to Alpha Sapphire today. I always enjoy ogling the new sprites/models and summary info when I advance one of my teams up a generation. So far I've filled almost two boxes with just teams from previous games, not counting old Pokemon who were cut from teams or just have a special value to me.

It's a shame that Technician Hitmontop is far more niche(I might do a Techni-top later on though, to see what it can do), a Jolly nature would have been ideal for it.

I actually have a Technician Hitmontop as a part of my SoulSilver team.

I imagine it would be great for ingame. But I've never seen any recommended Technician Hitmontop sets(at least currently on Smogon, I don't remember any on Serebii during Gen 6) for online battling.

Taking on the Elite Four in SoulSilver today. May start a ROM hack after I finish this game.

Been doing some item and money farming(5 pickup mons with a Pay Day slinging Persian). Next time I get back to the game I'll be evolving my Tyrogues.

Man, I forgot how tough the Elite Four is in this game. That Koga's a $#!&@.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I always thought they were among the easiest. Maybe it was just all the hacked lvl. 100 Mewtwo.

I always thought the first Elite Four was aggressive.

I always thought they were among the easiest. Maybe it was just all the hacked lvl. 100 Mewtwo.

I always thought the first Elite Four was aggressive.

When I did my Yellow play through recently they were super easy...but then I had an Alakazam and Dragonite, the two most overpowered Pokemon in gen 1. Alakazam had no weaknesses, except to Bug type and Dragonite was the only Dragon family in the game.

In SoulSilver, my team is around lvl 44 and most of the E4 is 43-50...I made it to Lance today, but he wiped me out.

Made it to Kanto the other day. Currently going through all the gyms.

Finished EV training and am now leveling my Hitmonchan(name: Disco Kid), Hitmontop(name: Krillin), shiny Altaria(name: Mabel), Mew and Shaymin. I'm trying to pace it a bit with the O-power to see if I can get them up to 100 tonight.

Finished leveling, now I'm growing Pinch berries.

I'm still pissed that items can't be transferred from old gen games. I had a gargantuan berry collection on Ruby & Sapphire that I had transferred to HeartGold. Hell I even had the Lava Cookies you get from Sapphire version transferred up to my HG game. I was so looking forward to carrying them to my new save on AlphaSapphire.

I'm still pissed that items can't be transferred from old gen games. I had a gargantuan berry collection on Ruby & Sapphire that I had transferred to HeartGold. Hell I even had the Lava Cookies you get from Sapphire version transferred up to my HG game. I was so looking forward to carrying them to my new save on AlphaSapphire.

On X & Y, you can get alot of the berries through mutations(growing two different types of specific berries by each other, Oran and Pecha by each other will produce a Apicot berry for example), it's actually how you get Pinch berries and along with some of the newer rare berries. Those berries I never had in any of the previous gens.

On X & Y, you can get alot of the berries through mutations(growing two different types of specific berries by each other, Oran and Pecha by each other will produce a Apicot berry for example), it's actually how you get Pinch berries and along with some of the newer rare berries. Those berries I never had in any of the previous gens.

Yeah, I know how to do it. I spent a lot of time last Fall trying to get each berry. Ended up getting most of them, but there's still a few I lack. I was just irritated because I had hundreds of berries, including incredibly rare ones (like the one you get with the promo Jirachi you get from the Coliseum pre-order disc) and now they're stranded on cart from an old gen.

Some of the items aren't available in the newer games so they didn't want people to try to transfer them over.

Which is why they should have disallowed only those items, not all of them.

That isn't the reason though. They did it because they wanted to crack down on action replay/gameshark users. It was too easy to hack stuff into the old games so they decided to punish everybody. It seems like whenever somebody looks at one of my Pokemon's summary these days they automatically assume it was hacked if it doesn't have the little 6th Gen symbol on it, especially if it happens to be one of my shinies.

I don't think that's the reason because they cracked down on transferring hacked Pokemon as well without needing to prevent Pokemon transfer altogether. The game outright doesn't allow hacked Pokemon, or at least they developed it in that way. Can't speak to its effectiveness.

I don't think that's the reason because they cracked down on transferring hacked Pokemon as well without needing to prevent Pokemon transfer altogether. The game outright doesn't allow hacked Pokemon, or at least they developed it in that way. Can't speak to its effectiveness.

That is the reason...I remember reading it somewhere.

The game doesn't allow hacked Pokemon that could not exist without being hacked. For example, if I hacked in a shiny Pikachu with normal moves and stats the game would accept it. However, if I hacked in a Pikachu that knows Surf or Flamethrower, it wouldn't accept it. Also, if I hacked in a wild pokemon code to make a pokemon appear in the water and caught it there, it wouldn't accept that either.

Plenty of passable hacks get through all of the time. That's how people get perfect IV Dittos to breed with. The thing about items is that it's nearly impossible to tell if they've been hacked or not.

Yeah, I know how to do it. I spent a lot of time last Fall trying to get each berry. Ended up getting most of them, but there's still a few I lack. I was just irritated because I had hundreds of berries, including incredibly rare ones (like the one you get with the promo Jirachi you get from the Coliseum pre-order disc) and now they're stranded on cart from an old gen.

I've found the most effective way of getting the berry mutations is to use Surprise mulch(made of 3 of the same berry). This is mainly because the really good berry mutations have low odds(Only Oran and Pecha combo seem to be high odds). I did end up getting lucky this gen and getting an Enigma Berry through Wonder Trade, now I how over over 200 of them.

What was the berry Jirachi was holding?

It mainly depends on how they hack it. If it's perfectly legal, it will go through. But if it's something like the unused gen 4 Azure Flute Arceus, something absurd like 999 stats or illegal abilites(Wonder Guard Spiritomb for example) it definitely won't go through.

It admittedly has it's quirks though, some officially released events have moves on them that block them from moving(requiring a move deleter) and if your mon has 255 EVs in at least one stat it also blocks them(Due to the cap being refitted to 252).

I've found the most effective way of getting the berry mutations is to use Surprise mulch(made of 3 of the same berry). This is mainly because the really good berry mutations have low odds(Only Oran and Pecha combo seem to be high odds). I did end up getting lucky this gen and getting an Enigma Berry through Wonder Trade, now I how over over 200 of them.

What was the berry Jirachi was holding?

It mainly depends on how they hack it. If it's perfectly legal, it will go through. But if it's something like the unused gen 4 Azure Flute Arceus, something absurd like 999 stats or illegal abilites(Wonder Guard Spiritomb for example) it definitely won't go through.

It admittedly has it's quirks though, some officially released events have moves on them that block them from moving(requiring a move deleter) and if your mon has 255 EVs in at least one stat it also blocks them(Due to the cap being refitted to 252).

It doesn't really matte "how" its hacked, so long as it is a Pokemon that could exist naturally. Which means that abilities that don't match the Pokemon can't happen and the other examples I gave about surfing Pikachus and illegal movesets, outrageous stats.

Technically, my Yellow version team is "hacked" because I extracted them from a ROM save and converted them to gen 4 .pkm files then wrote them onto my HeartGold cart. They transferred up to AlphaSapphire with no problem because I made sure that all of their info was passable and correct. It just thinks they came from gen 3.

Edit: And yeah, Serebii has all the info on berries.

Also, I can't recall what berry Jirachi was holding, but it was one I'd never found in the game before. Also, I had a few ereader cards that had really rare berries as well.

Edited by AustNerevar

Which is what I meant by legal hack. ^ Something that's possible.

Also, didn't see you post, oops!

Finally got a HA Amaura, thanks to Democrobot.

Just hatch a shiny female Ralts! 4IVs, missing Attack and Special Defense.

I just don't know what to name her yet.

Just hatch a shiny female Ralts! 4IVs, missing Attack and Special Defense.

I just don't know what to name her yet.

The first Ralts I caught was male, so I named him Ralsy...

More recently, for my AlphaSapphire team, I named my Gallade 'Galladiator'. My Gardevoir on X version I may have sort of given it my girlfriend's nickname. But that wouldn't be the first time I've named a Pokemon after a close friend of mine.

I don't do nicknames. Except for my Salamence. Wanna know how long I've had him? His nickname is Dragoon from BeyBlade. He's been in my party since Sapphire.

I like nicknaming my Pokemon with the first things that pop to mind.

For example, I named my Skitty's "GetsAround" and "Baby Daddy" for the female and male versions respectively...I'll show myself out now.

Another of my favorites is what I usually call Pidgey: CACAAAAAAAW!