So, my school's robotics teams are 2 separate teams we're trying to get more together this year for a bit and in branding.

The idea floated yesterday is the younger team (mine) becomes some sort of Magikarp & the older one becomes Guyardos (our school mascot is a dragon).  The problem is my students don't want to be freaking fish on their logo.  Some high schoolers are going to work on making Magikarp more badass and are going to bring some concept design to my meeting Thursday.  Me?  I couldn't care less, I like the idea of the young team evolving to be the older one and the Pokemon idea.  We'll have to see how my team members see it coming out.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

Curious question to the newer generation of Pokemon games (remakes and X/Y). So I remember hearing something about friend safaris? How in the world does a person do that? Does the 3DS need to Streetpass or something?

I ask since Streetpass is something I think I have done once......only real place to get some around here I know of is McDonalds', so I have not bothered with it. On that remark, people can still get the Eon Ticket that way, yes?

Or is that friend code thing from the DS generation still around? If so, where is a great place to find others willing to give their number? Actually, where can I find the number on the 3DS?!! Under "Friends" icon on the menu on the top of the touch screen?

Curious question to the newer generation of Pokemon games (remakes and X/Y). So I remember hearing something about friend safaris? How in the world does a person do that? Does the 3DS need to Streetpass or something?

I ask since Streetpass is something I think I have done once......only real place to get some around here I know of is McDonalds', so I have not bothered with it. On that remark, people can still get the Eon Ticket that way, yes?

Or is that friend code thing from the DS generation still around? If so, where is a great place to find others willing to give their number? Actually, where can I find the number on the 3DS?!! Under "Friends" icon on the menu on the top of the touch screen?

Friend safaris on X and Y are based upon the friends registered in your 3DS. The Pokemon you can find in them will vary by each friend you have. Finding the FC is easy, you just need to go to the friends icon and you should easily find your code and be able to register other codes too! Now, for the Eon Ticket, I believe you can still get it via Streetpass. I'll happily give you my FC once you find your code. :) My friend safari will contain Water Pokemon!

Still leveling up mons to max with the Blissey bases. Also tested out Pay Day with the Prize Money O-power, turns out it doesn't work with Pay Day.

I'm finished with leveling all the mons up to 100 for now. I do still have 3 other ones that I could EV train and max out level wise, but I'm not worried about it.

I also sent a small amount of the redundant ones(and one shiny I wasn't worried about keeping) through Wonder Trade.

Also, new Zygarde form comfirmed, and that little blob is its core.

http://www.serebii.net/news/2015/12-September-2015.shtml

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

I saw it a little after 1:00 and came here, but ya beat me to it. ^

So I decided to finish up the session of breeding in Omega Ruby first before logging on.

I'm slowly returning to Pokemon, in addition to playing some Dragon Quest on the side. As it stands now the only DQ games I haven't really played are DQ 8 & 9. Rather than power through them, I want to savor them, even though 9 isn't really my cup of tea. So I started DQ Monsters Joker 2....which made me crave a little Pokemon.

So I popped in my Alpha Sapphire cart and did some reminiscing with my old teams. I have my original Sapphire team from around 2003, which are all level 100s. I have my LeafGreen team, my Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness team, my Emerald team, Diamond, HeartGold, White, X, and AlphaSapphire teams all on my AS cart.

The last Pokemon games I was working on when I last played were White2 and SoulSilver. I also have my Yellow Version team on my HeartGold cartridge (yes it's possible, though I guess it wouldn't be considered a legitimate method and it requires third-party peripherals) at the moment because I'm trying to beat Red with them so they'll get the Legendary Ribbon.

I'm currently breeding Tyrogues. Both Adamant nature and Impish nature. I plan on evolving them into Hitmonchan and Htimontop.

If anyone wants an Adamant or Impish Tyrogue, let me know.

I'm currently breeding Tyrogues. Both Adamant nature and Impish nature. I plan on evolving them into Hitmonchan and Htimontop.

If anyone wants an Adamant or Impish Tyrogue, let me know.

I assume you're doing this on a current gen game? I'm actually going to implement Hitmontop into my SoulSilver game.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

How many hours have you put into the 3DS Pokemon games, Step?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I know I've put way too much time into AlphaSapphire. But not near as much as I put into the original Sapphire.

How many hours have you put into the 3DS Pokemon games, Step?

(Goes to check)

Omega Ruby- 258:31

X - 694:57 Holy crap! That's higher than my DQ9 file, which is over 487! To be fair, X version is also the one I did a lot of my first breeding and shiny projects on, so I really shouldn't be all that surprised.

Wow, that's quite a bit of time. Only game I've played that comes close to Step and Demo's play times is in Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars. Last time I was able to check it on the Nintendo channel, it was at 450 hours.

• Upvote 1

I rarely dump that much time into a game anymore. Back in my younger days, when I was stuck with one choice of system, I would just go wild on all my games until I've picked at the carcass. I restarted IX several times and I'd say I had nearly 200-250 combined hours between all the restarts. Pokémon Diamond has quite a bit of time in it too, couldn't say how much but it's also in the triple digits. Now, I just go until I beat the game, so my hours are equal to the length of time it took to beat.

Got both of the Tyrogues I wanted, getting the Impish one was a bit quicker than the Adamant one.

The Adamant one will be evolved in Hitmonchan, not too hard since I'll just need to get defense greater than attack.

Evolving the Impish one into Hitmontop is going to be tricky, I'll need to look up how many EVs in attack will make Tyrogue have even attack and defense when leveling up to 20.

The only other thing is that I'm undecided on nicknames for the two of them.

I think I had like 375 on my original Sapphire Cart. And I know that I was nearing 400 on my original Gold version cart. But the remakes, I've out less time in. I only have around 250 in my AlphaSapphire game.

Just looked up how many Attack EVs I'll need to evolve Tyrogue into Hitmontop, 36 at level 20. That's going to be tricky.

Hitmonchan is easier, since all I'll have to do is give Tyrogue alot of Iron drinks.

It isn't all that difficult. I evolved a Hitmontop just yesterday. Around level 19 check it's stats and either its Attack or Defense will probably be just one or two points higher than the other (this is of course depends on what Pokemon you've had it fight), so all you need to do is give it the right medicine to even it out.