I got the Panpour I wanted last night.

I named her Sonson, after one of the characters that I liked to play as in the Marvel vs Capcom series.

mvc2-sonson--article_image.jpg

Good name choice/character. Sonson can be fun to use in Marvel 2; she's kind of under appreciated, though that comes down the tier list shenanigans if you follow that. I came up with with a good team based around her in the game, and her supers work great to combo into others or into hers from my experience.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

I got the Panpour I wanted last night.

I named her Sonson, after one of the characters that I liked to play as in the Marvel vs Capcom series.

mvc2-sonson--article_image.jpg

Good name choice/character. Sonson can be fun to use in Marvel 2; she's kind of under appreciated, though that comes down the tier list shenanigans if you follow that. I came up with with a good team based around her in the game, and her supers work great to combo into others or into hers from my experience.

I've never followed the competitive scene and just slapped together three characters in the game.

It was always a combination of Sonson, Chun Li and Felicia(I'm not great at fighting games, but I tend to fair better with faster characters and those are my top favorites in the game) on the console version I played. That would probably get my butt handed to me if I went against a skilled competitve gamer.

Another weakness I have is the inability to master the use of characters like Ryu and Ken(expect on Pocket Fighter), characters my cousin is skilled at using. Felicia is the only character that is the exception to this(one of her special attacks is pretty much a DPM type of move).

Shinx, Skrelp, and Foongus are available for trade. Let me know soon if you want one. I'll be wonder trading them for more room

I got a few good things from wonder trade. These include a flawless shiny Buneary, a flawless shiny Oshawott, a near flawless Pawniard, a near flawless Ponyta with Low Kick, Morning Sun, Hypnosis, and Horn Drill, a shiny Venasaur, and a shiny Darkrai.

Done with Helioptile breeding, sent all but two through Wonder Trade(That reminds me, I need a good nickname for a female Helioptile). Did get a few interesting things through it.

Also did two double battles, both which I lost. The first one was against an all legendary team, including a Rayquaza that the opponent mega-evolved(When Dookieshed said Mega Ra-quay-quay will **** you up, it's definitely accurate, it's the only mon to be banned from Ubers). The second was against a more normal team, with a Mega-Lucario, I just didn't have the best team setup to counter it.

Both battles were my first for testing out my Storm Drain Cradily's abilities, which it did pretty good overall(Even with both being losses). I even toxic stalled the second battler's first mons to defeat, with me only losing because of my Milotic not quite knocking out her last mons.

On a side note, both of these battles(especially the second one) made me realize I need to invest in the Choice Bands, Choice Specs and Choice Scarfs(I can get Life Orbs off of Dexnav's Absols).

Edited by Stepchan

I did a battle against a guy who had hacked shiny Pokémon. He started with a mega Sableye versus my Carbink, which wasn't going to end well for me. I took advantage of this to make them think I was a very bad trainer. After Carbink went down, A mega Mawile came out. He switched to a Rotom Wash, which was easily defeated. Then comes his Landorus-T. Mawile died pretty quickly, but Milotic avenged with an Ice Beam. Now Sableye and Milotic were locked into combat. I think they feared a Refresh because they didn't other burning like they did with Carbink. A used Scald while it spammed Calm Mind. Once I pulled off the burn, I Hazed. Without any boosts, Milotic knocked off half of Sableye's health with a single Scald. I easily turned the battle around there.

• Upvote 1

EV trained my last 4 bred mons yesterday. Also caught a shiny Zubat in a horde as a result of said training.

Joined a Facebook group filled with competitive ORAS battlers. I only have done a single match, but they already seem to think of me as a worthy adversary. If anyone wants to battle with my team, I'm up for that. I do 6 vs 6 singles with no legends or duplicate items/Pokémon.

Traded and battled with Democrobot yesterday. Victory goes to Democrobot. I need to work on my rain team options after I get back from my Dragon Quest 8 playthrough.

With my PS2 problems, DQ8 is postponed for now until I get it fixed/replaced. So I will be going back to breeding and leveling on Pokemon Omega Ruby. Next breeding project: Infiltrator Zubats with the egg moves Brave Bird, Defog, Zen Headbutt and Steel Wing.

Also recently found out some info about Megas while elsewhere(mainly from someone posting Serebii's twitter). The Pokemon team got asked about a Flygon mega in an interview, it turns out that they wanted to make one for it, but each time they tried they couldn't get a design they were happy with.

Edited by Stepchan

With my PS2 problems, DQ8 is postponed for now until I get it fixed/replaced. So I will be going back to breeding and leveling on Pokemon Omega Ruby. Next breeding project: Infiltrator Zubats with the egg moves Brave Bird, Defog, Zen Headbutt and Steel Wing.

Also recently found out some info about Megas while elsewhere(mainly from someone posting Serebii's twitter). The Pokemon team got asked about a Flygon mega in an interview, it turns out that they wanted to make one for it, but each time they tried they couldn't get a design they were happy with.

I read that same thing. Makes a person wonder what designs they've tried. Judging by the other Megas, they have some weird standards.

I read that same thing. Makes a person wonder what designs they've tried. Judging by the other Megas, they have some weird standards.

Which megas do you think they have weird standards on?

Which megas do you think they have weird standards on?

Ampharos, Absol, and Steelix come to mind immediately.

I've seen some complain about Steelix's mega. I know Dookieshed, who likes Ampharos, wasn't thrilled with it's mega design.

Absol's I like, but I can see how some wouldn't.

Edited by Stepchan

I don't think that they are bad per say, but they are certainly strange things. Hair = power

Just got a Clear Bell, and tried catching Lugia several times. Basically, it involves using Iron Head on it a few times with Gransaurer, sacrificing my Tentacool, then using Tsubomi to put it to sleep. Both times, the attempt was unsuccessful.

I really need to stock up on more Poke Balls, as well as Ultra and Great.

Just got a Clear Bell, and tried catching Lugia several times. Basically, it involves using Iron Head on it a few times with Gransaurer, sacrificing my Tentacool, then using Tsubomi to put it to sleep. Both times, the attempt was unsuccessful.

I really need to stock up on more Poke Balls, as well as Ultra and Great.

Use Timer. They'll have a higher catch rate than an Ultra after 10 turns.

While I am currently playing DQ8, I'm also growing berries in Omega Ruby. That one nifty thing about ORAS is that you don't have to worry about mulch or bugs invading the trees.

Edited by Stepchan

Got me a nice HA Belly Drum Slurpuff. I'll be doing some work on it before I start using it. I also have a Slowbro ready for battle, but I need to get the Slowbronite. The tides make it tricky to get.

Mega Slowbro, Dookieshed considers it the second worst Pokemon design(Probopass is number one on his list of worst designs), although this is mostly because he doesn't understand how what looks like the Shellder eating him making it go Mega.

For me, I mostly find Mega Slowbro to be kind of funny, it reminds me of someone on Devianart that has this most unusual err... fixation(Let's just say that delitized is apparently a word).

Edited by Stepchan

The thing I like about Mega Slowbro is its potential for stalling. With a base Defense of 180, using a physical move is useless. HP is base 95 and Special Defense is base 80, which means it isn't a slouch at all. Shell Armour prevents any critical hits from happening. Just use Calm Mind once or twice and then unleash the horrors of that base Special Attack of 130. Another fun thing to do is make use of Slack Off to heal yourself up.

Yeah, I remember some complaining about Slowbro's mega having Shell Armor(and Gallade's mega having Inner Focus). Both proved that the abilities were more than enough to help them.

Audino's mega(Which I do like) pretty much goes ability-less in singles(with the exception of one niche move), Healer isn't all that good even in Doubles format since it's pretty situational and random(If it also worked on Healer also worked on the target mon in singles, it'd at least be like Shed Skin, which would be a nice boost).

Still, some have found that it doesn't really need a good ability that bad(I was willing to give a shot though):

tumblr_nm1l8x5a4S1ttz3s2o1_1280.png

It is better overall than it's normal form, with the only real problems being a lackluster ability and not being able to carry leftovers.

Edited by Stepchan

I'm looking at making a team around my Mega Slowbro for doubles. I'm thinking Amoongus, Terrakion, Hydreigon, Sylveon, and Talonflame to go with it. That way I'm prepared for just about anything. Half my team is trick room viable, I counter fast Dragons, can handle almost all weather semi decently. Thoughts?