Well, you know, if Lucario could learn Earth Power and Meteor Mash, have more versatile Steel-type moves, and have his Steel-type removed, he would probably be overpowered. :P

I have to ask, is Crobat best used for attacking hard and fast? If not, in which areas Crobat is better? And what moves would be recommended for said areas?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

I see Crobat as a Physical Sweeper, but Serebi.net doesn't think as much. http://www.serebii.net/potw-bw/169.shtml Smogon on the other hand is no different. http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/crobat

Crobat would be a quite serviceable physical sweeper in general. Serebii works from a smaller base than Smogon, I tend to trust Smogon more in that area, though I love Serebii for everything else.

He has fantastic speed and his overused sets are fricken fantastic! Even though it is the very definition of a glass cannon...well not quite a cannon, but a serviceable side arm.

Crobat is absolutely a "hard and fast" type of pokemon. While he doesn't hit super hard he has access to Brave Bird and with the STAB it hits pretty hard, but he'll be worthless in the one round, Acrobatics also hits pretty hard if you can get his attack up there. If I wanted to use a Crobat I would have him with Taunt, Toxic, Brave Bird/Acrobatics, Cross Poison. But god forbid you meet a pokemon with Trick Room, you'd have one dead bat on your hands.

Goop I wouldn't want Lucario to lose his steel typing if he had just one move that could utilize the typing well. I also don't think that would make him overpowering since his stats aren't uber great, he just has a good spread.

Edited by Cairne Gotha

Actually, the only Steel-type move I've ever bothered to teach my Lucario in any of my games would be when I taught my Lucario in White Flash Cannon. A Special Attack-oriented Lucario would benefit well from that move- especially if it manages to lower the opponent's Special Defense. Let's see, though, I believe Bullet Punch is one of its Egg-moves.... and I THINK it learns Iron Tail either as either an Egg-move or from a TM.

Edited by DragonGaurdian

Lucario's Steel type is actually rather nice. Immune to Toxic and Toxic Spikes, a resistance to Stealth Rock and several other types and a Steel type STAB.

Adds Ground, Fighting, and Fire weaknesses, which are standards on most teams in competition. That's what I dislike about The typing. I'll have to look into Bullet Punch and Flash Cannon. Bullet Punch is pretty good as I remember, and would make sense for Lucario to have.

Edit: Bullet Punch is an egg move. It only has 40 attack power though...

Iron Tail (TM Move) is powerful but suffers from 75 accuracy

Flash Cannon is by far the best move you mentioned and would do well in the Special set.

Edited by Cairne Gotha

The only real problem I have with Lucario's Steel type is that it makes it weak against Fighting...which is kind of ridiculous seeing as it's part Fighting itself.

Also, I'm considering buying Emerald, if only so I can eventually fill the PokeDex. Despite the fact that I'll be long done with White 2 by the time I fill it completely, I kind of want the Shiny Charm >_>; Only thing holding me back is that I know as soon as I buy it, they'll announce R/S/E remakes.

That would be nice with its STAB and that boost.

RedJ Any pokemon you need I have caught. I can make an egg and we can trade. Just let me know via PM.

Edited by Cairne Gotha

I see Crobat as a Physical Sweeper, but Serebi.net doesn't think as much. http://www.serebii.n...tw-bw/169.shtml Smogon on the other hand is no different. http://www.smogon.co.../pokemon/crobat

I remember Serebii listing both special sets and a physical set for Togekiss. The special set was for it's Serene Grace ability and the physical was for it's Hustle ability.

Of course, Hustle set mentioned that the only reason you would use it would be for the surprise factor, since most will expect special sets.

I believe I mentioned my Pickpocket Weavile before. I've come to find just how USEFUL that thing is in the PWT! Ice Shard has proven to be a real life-saver several times (with the 'Auto-First-Strike' thing). And if not Ice Shard, Night Slash and/or Punishment. Heatran has also proven to be unexpectedly useful, especially since I usually end up fighting one of the Normal, Grass, or Ice-type Gym Leaders in one of the rounds.

I only beat the e4 today. Then I took advantage of Cheren's "investigation" and levelled up my whole team to 70. It wasn't too bad; I've been keeping the levels steady the whole way through.

Bullet Seed Techniloom is AWESOME! Rips holes through everything in sight, even things with 4x resist.

It is an egg move I'm glad I bred her with.

>.> I want my shiny charm.

Well, guys, it took a lot of effort, but I finally did it. I finally unlocked the Champions Tournament in the PWT. Made it to round two after smacking Lance around, only to be smacked around in turn by none other than the silent destroyer, Red.

Has anyone ever caught a hidden grotto pokemon and then seen another of the same one later in the same grotto?

I'm sure it's misinformation, but I read someone else's post on another site that once you catch a hidden grotto pokemon no other of that one with turn up.

Has anyone ever caught a hidden grotto pokemon and then seen another of the same one later in the same grotto?

I'm sure it's misinformation, but I read someone else's post on another site that once you catch a hidden grotto pokemon no other of that one with turn up.

Unfortunately it is misinformation.

In the Floccessy (or however you spell it) Ranch grotto, I have come across a female marill, twice. The first was lv13 and I caught it. The second was lv14 and I already had one so I just killed it.

I think I need to train up another techniloom for hunting purposes. I like my current for KOing purposes too much to give it false swipe.

Thank you. :thumbsup: (I saw a post saying something like that on some Pokemon forum, the poster said something about a wiki mentioning it, although they weren't sure if it was correct).

Kind of a shame, random Minccinos are the rarest in Route 5's hidden grotto(The first set one is always male, which can't breed hidden abilities to offspring unlike females).

I've been trying since late last week on and off trying to run into a random one. I'm on Route 5 still, no further progress until I get it.

I got a female skill link minccino from GTS.

It took a bit of persistence.

I'd be happy to try and breed you one... it's only trading that could be problematic.

If you have skype that could make it easier.

I'm trying to collect all the hidden abilities.

Currently I'm missing female lillipup/herdier, a ditto (grr those things are a pain), female cottonee, female roggenrola/boldore, female sandile/krokorok/krookodile and female pidove. A few DW sessions ago I ran into 3 pidoves, and they were all male >.<

It gives me a goal of sorts. Finally bit the bullet and caught thundurus and landorus in Radar. I was tired of swablu, I wanted to see something different show up.

Edited by Sorgatani

If he trades you an egg you can still name it. And trading online is easy now with the friend codes and wifi deals. You just have to exchange friend codes and plan a time to both connect in the Wifi union room.

Make sure you trade with trustworthy people though if you are doing egg trades. And doing an egg trade for an ability can be spotty :/

Edited by Cairne Gotha

*is female*

Fair enough. Can't even access breeding until post-e4 anyway.

I used to take it for granted >.>

Egg trading for ability works if the person has saved, hatched the egg to see the ability and then reset.

Edited by Sorgatani
  • Upvote 1

I do lack Wifi at home anyway. I did think of something else, though. My Black version has the important post game cleared. If I were able to trade with you, I could have done a temporary trade for breeding on that version. It's just the lack of Wifi that keeps me from doing that(granted I know of a library that I use for my DS's wifi, but that would have to take far more carefully advanced planning).

I should trade a surfer from my Black version for abit so I can take of the rest Castelia's sewers(autumn happens next month in game and the tide will be too low for Surf) really quick. The way things are going, unless my White 2 file stops trolling me, I probably won't find that female Minccino in there until next month.