So I just finished Alpha Sapphire's main game. I finished with Mer-Man, Gransaurer, Sora-Kage, Tsubomi, Erika, and most of all, my HM slave Leon.

B68UbNNCMAAWr-4.png

Mer-Man the Swampert: Named after one of Skeletor's minions from the various Masters of the Universe series. I wanted to go with a different starter, so I went with Mudkip. Ultimately, it all worked out for me, as he is the highest-leveled of the team, and was my main surfer and diver (until the latter move was deleted and replaced with Hammer Arm). Also my main Mega, and he had higher attack then special attack.

Gransaurer the Aggron: A big help since I first caught him in the second half, helped by gaining Heavy Slam during training in various Trainer and Secret Base battles.

Sora-Kage the Flygon: Second Flygon since Mervin, only this time, he was more physically oriented. Main flyer.

Tsubomi the Bellossom: Named after the main character of Heartcatch Precure. Started out as a Gloom, and thanks to using the Sun Stone prior to the final gym (I think), she became what she was today. Sleep Powder was useful against Drake's Kingdra, and she managed to 3HKO the Kingdra after recovery (to be fair, though, 3HKO is the only possible outcome in lv. 50-something Bellossom vs. Kingdra).

Erika the Azumarill: Another Heartcatch Precure reference. Dunno why I wanted her on my team, but I did. Quickly became my dragonslayer and dark-killer through extensive training, with Play Rough, and became my main Waterfall user.

Leon the Kecleon: Never thought he'd stick with me, as his only purpose was as an HM slave. He did get a crowning moment of awesome, though, as he helped defeat one of Glacia's Glalies that was weakened at first by Sora-Kage's Flamethrower, but was full-restored.

Certainly is a lot easier than the final battle with Steven in the original games, though probably only because I wasn't using crap 'mons that plagued my team in my original playthroughs of the GBA titles when I was a kid.

Now, for the Delta Episode!

Here's something I've been meaning to ask, where did you get that image from?

Basically, I used PrintScreen to capture the hall of fame from my Global Link timeline.

Ah, cool. Do you have to have an account for the Global Link?

Yeah. It's traineema, made by my mum for me since I couldn't get onto the Global Link with my normal email.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon Whi

Ninetails.

Infernape. My favorite, and in my opinion, best starter by far.

Posted Images

Okay, that gives me something to think about(I'm kind of lazy sometimes). ^

I've cleared the routes up to Pacifidlog, both surface and underwater.

Some highlights:

I got a Chinchou with it's hidden ability, Water Absorb. Volt Absorb is still the more pratical one(mainly based around it's typing, neutrals and resists), but Water Absorb can still be very good for a surprise(If only Illuminate had a in battle effect).

If you trade a Bellossom for a Corsola in Pacifidlog, the Corsola will have Regenerator. A nice way to not really have to worry about Dexnav'ing it for it's hidden ability(with the exception of egg moves and IVs).

I now have six Lucky Eggs!

For anyone that doesn't know, Dexnav'd Pellipers can be found holding Lucky Eggs, so it's a good idea to run into them as often as possible in random encounters and the Dexnav in order to increase the chances of finding them with them(The lowest search level I started seeing them with Lucky Eggs was 12, but that's because I didn't really start to see them pop up until that point).

Found out that my Froslass has Hidden Power Fighting, not too bad.

Hoppa has been revealed

Edited by ethanej

Hoppa has been revealed

I already reported Hoopa's official confirmation via Corocoro leak a few days ago. But thanks for the news!

I battled a Hoopa. It didn't last too long though. Maybe because it wasn't EV trained yet.

Also depends on what you hit it with. It's physical defense isn't high either(base 60). It's normal form is Psychic/Ghost, making it 4x weak to Dark and Ghost.

I sometimes wonder who I've battled that EV trains and don't. A while back I did four Battle Spot free battles. Two in singles, 1 win and 1 loss and two in doubles in which I won both.

The win in singles was against a dude running an Xerneas, Talonflame and Jirachi. I had Dragonite out in front and switched out because he had Xerneas out. I brought in Mawile, he used Misty Terrain. He then used Geomancy combined with a Power Herb, I mega evolved Mawile and slapped him with an Iron Head for the knock out, stopping his plans to sweep right then and there. He sent in Talonflame, which was smart a move, it resists both Play Rough and Iron Head. I had to Sucker Punch it twice(I know Mawile doesn't get STAB on Sucker Punch, but it surprised me that it took more than one). He did get a hit in with Fire Blast, but Mega Mawile survived. He sent out Jirachi, which I guess he was hoping could survive a Sucker Punch(Truth betold I was nervous he was going to do a status move of some sort, but I still had two other mons in reserve so I took the risk). Jirachi went down to one Sucker Punch. I definitely took a couple of risks in that battle, but it paid off pretty well. He should have tried for status moves if he really wanted to hang in there. I'm also surprised he didn't disconnect, some who use Ubers tend to if someone halts their set up and sweep plans.

The second singles battle was a wreck for me, if I started out with Dragonite or Cinccino(The First which can tank Raichu, then second outspeeds it) instead of Mismagius(which had ways to counter the other mons), things might have went differently.

Both Doubles, as I mentioned, were wins for me(I'm starting to get the hang of Doubles now). Nothing way too spectacular, except for my Cinccino taking out a Milotic and my Mega Mawile surviving a Mega Lucario's Aura Sphere and then K.O.'ing it with a Neutral Play Rough.

I think I'll enter the Hoenn Competition so I can get the Tyrunt with its HA. Breloom and Mega Mawile are on the list, but I need 4 more. Thoughts?

Not sure myself(My brain is kind of fried from work).

Funny you should mention Breloom. While it will be a while before I start breeding on Omega Ruby, I will be starting with Shroomish when I finally do.

Finally got Route 132 through 134 cleared(I always dreaded those routes) and the Regis opened up. Next is Super Training.

I should probably get around to getting the Regis. Been busy doing Battle Maison and completing my Pokedex.

So far, I'm more busy with hunting down the Mirage Spot legendaries and making sure I have enough Poke Balls for the encounters, even if most of the time, they'll refuse to be caught in Ultra Balls despite being weakened enough.

EDIT: Just caught Azelf. Now for Uxie and Dialga.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony

Both Swampert and Wigglytuff are maxed through Super Training. I hate the randomness of getting Reset Bags, I'm currently trying to get my third one, which will be for Altaria(Maxing HP, Special Attack and the remaining six in Speed).

That would be the Lumiose Juice Shoppe and yes they do have a concoction that wipes the EV slate clean.

It's called Perilous Soup, it takes a Kee and Maranga Berry to make it.

The only downsides are that you'll have to work your way through the berry mutations in the berry field to get those two berries and the juice shoppe only makes one drink a day.

I now have four of my main team EV trained.

Swampert: Max attack with some moderate focus on both speed and special attack.

Wigglytuff: Max special attack with a healthy focus on defense and a minor focus on special defense.

Altaria: Max HP and special attack with the leftover EVs in speed.

Pikachu: Max speed with a solid focus on attack and a slightly higher focus on special attack.

Froslass is next.

I got a contrary Serperior today. Now to breed it to get the desired nature and IVs.

Contrary Serperior?

(Goes to Serebii)

Well, I'll be. Looks like I need to get that before my next play session.

Edited by Stepchan

Next breeding project will be Shinx with Fire Fang, Ice Fang, Night Slash, and Quick Attack. Anyone want one when they're ready?

Been mainly money grinding in the game.

While my next breeding sessions are a while off, I do have the egg moves planned for them.

1. Storm Drain Lileeps with the egg moves Barrier, Mirror Coat, Recover and Stealth Rocks.

2. Quick Feet and Poison Heal Shroomish with Bullet Seed, Drain Punch, Focus Punch and Wake up Slap(Shroomish is really lacking in type variation egg move wise).

I have a Gengar, Milotic, and a Pidgeot that are nearly ready for battle. I'm excited to see them in action.

Next stop after raising some other mons' levels in the Dexnav is to catch the Regis.

Also, something silly to go along with my 3,400th post...

emolga_motivational_by_dragonrupieach-d3

I ain't saying she's a gold digger, but she ain't messing with no broke broke...