Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

A Psychic type or maybe a Sableye.

I've made it to the E4 now. Currently fighting Phoebe with my Mightyena. I tells ya, I'm overpowered.

• Upvote 1

You need an Ice-Type.  Or something with Ice Punch.  Maybe a Metagross?

Also, I'm giving away some stuffs.  Larvestas with Morning Sun, and Endure, Vulpixes, and Solosises, if anyone wants to grab one, just ask!

I'll also lend anyone with AS my Legendaries for Giratina, Landorus (Once I get my Orus), or Kyurem, if they'll do the same in return.

• Upvote 1

An Aggron perhaps?

I have used one before, although that was when it didn't have as many STAB options. Not a bad idea though, something I'll keep in mind(if I don't go with it for the main team, I can use one in the Tough contests).

A Psychic type or maybe a Sableye.

I've made it to the E4 now. Currently fighting Phoebe with my Mightyena. I tells ya, I'm overpowered.

A Psychic did come to mind, the only thing making me hesitant at the idea of a Sableye is that I'm already using two mons that can Mega evolve.

You need an Ice-Type.  Or something with Ice Punch.  Maybe a Metagross?

I've never actually used Ice type Pokemon themselves(I've used Ice attacks for coverage). I'll check up on some of the options in game.

Just defeated Norman minutes ago and he ALMOST KOed my Gallade. My female Manectric's Discharge is freaking beast. :)

Did they actually make the gym leaders challenging to make up for the easier leveling up? Or will I have to be careful not to level up too much in this game when I get it?

Did they actually make the gym leaders challenging to make up for the easier leveling up? Or will I have to be careful not to level up too much in this game when I get it?

If you have a type advantage over the gym, you tend to sweep them. I slaughtered almost every Pokemon in all the gyms in one shot.

If anything, the bosses have been easier. My underleveled Marshtomp took out Winston's entire electric team in one hit each.

Got most of my game done. Need to re battle Deoxys again. Thought I would put this here.

HNI_0020_zpsbd14696f.jpg

I still haven't gotten around to the secret base stuff.

I've been doing a lot of the optional route areas, except for Sea Maville, which will be next. Will also be doing the Cool Contests in game for the time being and will go back to breeding on Pokemon X.

If you have a type advantage over the gym, you tend to sweep them. I slaughtered almost every Pokemon in all the gyms in one shot.

That's usually how it's always been even with the originals. With me, I plowed through Wattson and Flannery with ease. Norman did make me a little nervous. Even with Truant, Slaking can be brutal. I'm relieved that he doesn't have Facade now, but Retaliate is just as scary(With Slaking's really high attack stat, I worried about being one shotted by that move, Breloom isn't all that durable).

Edited by Stepchan

The QR code for the secret base on the Ruby and Sapphire site works.

Surprised? Wouldn't that be a huge slap in the gave if it didn't?

Been going to a bunch of Mirage Spots. I got a Cobalion, Cresselia, and Virizion. Currently in combat with a Mespirit. Will go back to working on the Delta Episode sometime soon.

I really just need to get around to picking a good spot for a Secret Base. The first one that one dude lets you isn't bad, but I want one near an area where it will be convenient.

Started playing my copy of X I got for free a few months back through a promotion by Nintendo. Only at the first gym, but I've enjoyed it so far (this is coming from a guy who's not a huge Pokémon fan).  I look forward to the rest of what the Kalos region has to offer.

Here's something I forgot to post earlier:

commission__crim_syn_16_by_mtc_studios-d

A fan created Mega Bellossom drawing that seems to be channeling Carmen Miranda.

Carmen-Miranda-resize-2.jpg

Anyone want to rate my team?  It is for the Smogon OU Tier, as it is the most widely used tier.

Rhyperior, Stone Edge, Thunder Punch, Earthquake, and Megahorn.  He's my bulky coverage guy.  Thinking of swapping out for Mamoswine.  It doesn't have x4 weakness to Grass and Water, but retains the Electric immunity.  Also might not, because Rhyperior is the first Shiny I've caught in Gen VI.

Blissey, Toxic, Flamethrower, Soft-Boiled, Protect.  She's my Staller.  I use Toxic, and wait out the rest of the match with Protect and Soft-Boiled.  Flamethrower is there for coverage, and Pokes that can't be poisoned.

Raikou, Volt Switch, Reflect, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball.  Generally he sets up Reflect, and Volt Switches out.  Sometimes I use Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball in between if he can survive it.

Reuniclus, Calm Mind, Recover, Psyshock, Shadow Ball.  He's my Special Sweeper.

Metagross, Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, Ice Punch, Earthquake.  Physical Sweeper.

And the final slot is up in the air.  Any suggestions?  I was thinking about Tyranitar, as his Sand Stream is beneficial to Metagross and Rhyperior, and Reuniclus isn't effected by it thanks to his ability. 

I've heard good things about Mamoswine. You can use Stealth Rock to set up a trap. Thick Fat will make Fire and Ice types less useful than normal. Icicle Crash handles Dragonite, Salamance, Garchomp, etc. Earthquake will slaughter most anything that doesn't have really high Defense or resists it. It will also receive the boost from Sand Stream if you choose to use a Tyranitar.

I've gotten Tesla added in my list. Just MM'd a shiny Mawile! Although I'm not stopping at just one(I'll explain why later).

Thanks! But would does MM stand for? I'm ignorant.

Some sort of Method for having a higher chance of hatching shiny baby Pokemon.

Ahh I see.

Reminds me of the days of Gold and Silver where all my friends were beating their brains out trying to find exploits to get shinies using different methods. Also they tried to figure out to cheat using theit trainer cards to get Master Balls.

Me on the other hand? I was having enough trouble just getting Lucky Eggs off those chanseys. Curse you and your blasted low encounter rate! That and your low % of even carrying the egg! -_-

I remember hating leveling Dragonair and Pupitar to evolve them. It felt like it took ages. And that was WITH Pokemon Stadium's Dodrio Speed-Up.

Edited by Tesla

Yeah. I'm just happy when I finally get my Alakazam in each game and use it to go all the way. I was super excited that the first evolution stone I got in the new game was Alakazamite. Once DQIII is done, I'll get back to this.

Speaking of shinies, I found a female shiny Linoone at Route 119 today! It was a pleasant surprise (unlike the Poliwhirl one I got at Victory Road in X). My Swablu and

Marstomp also evolved into their final stages.

I'm working on the Delta episode. I currently need to go to Meteor Falls to get a shard. And then more stuff will happen and then Raquaza stuff will happen and then spaceness will happen and then I can finally get my Cameruptite and access to the Battle Resort (move tutors anyone?)

Thanks! But would does MM stand for? I'm ignorant.

It stands for Masuda Method. A mechanic first introduced in gen 4 that increases the odds of getting shiny Pokemon through breeding, as Plat said.

All you have to have is one Pokemon from a foreign localization that shares an egg group with one of your own language and put them in the daycare.

In gen 4 it increased the odds from 1/8192 to 1/2048. Gen 5 has a 5 times greater odds. Gen 6 increased the normal odds of getting a shiny to 1/4096 and Masuda Method is 1/800-ish because of that. I also have the Shiny Charm in my X version, so that improves the odds further and makes Masuda Method's odds either 1/500-ish or 1/600-ish(No one has been able to accurately pinpoint due to the inability to completely datamine the game).

As for the reason for trying to get more than one shiny Mawile, it's partially because I have plans to send the other non-shiny Mawiles through Wonder Trade on Christmas Eve and partially because someone else has been wanting one(I've wanted one too, so I want to make sure there are more).

They have at least 5 flawless IVs minimum, the ability Intimidate and pack Fire Fang, Ice Fang and also start with the late level up move Sucker Punch.

I'm also going to start growing rare berries for them to hold, three of the pinch ones(Salac, Liechi and Peteya), Kee, Maranga and Enigma. I know a lot of those Wonder Trades are going to go to ORAS players, so I figured adding harder to get berries to them would be a neat thing to do.