Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Haven't played it yet but I'm aware of the whole Delta Episode ending, and it leaves me confused. It implies that all the previous games and remakes take place in their own separate universes, when the games explain clearly that Pokémon are still being studied and new ones are being discovered all the time. X/Y implied that Mega Evolution was a relatively new discovery to begin with, so the idea of placing the previous games in an alternate universe is pointless because an alternate timeline theory isn't necessary to explain things.

In response to this, I think what they were going for is that Gen VI is in a new dimension/universe, which is why Mega Evolution can exist, as well as the Fairy type. Or at least that's how I perceived all that

I think every Pokemon game is going to be in its own universe now. Kinda sad really. I miss the continuity of the first 4 Gens. : (

But that's why it seems so unnecessary. The previous game stated very clearly that Mega Evolution was a new concept to them. It's the crux of the your whole journey, to find out more. I don't remember many Pokémon fans speculating on alternate universes and clamoring for Nintendo to clarify things like the Zelda fans. Sigh.

Also, I don't wanna sound like a whiner, because even though I really, really like Omega Ruby, I'm not big on some of the little changes here and there. Making it so TMs don't disappear after use is lame, nor am I big on decision to include May in more cutscenes like the X/Y, where you ran into your friends every time you entered a new town. Then, of course, there's the obscene amount of legendaries all over the place, including one in particular that used to be an event-only Pokémon. That being said, I love most all the other additions. I just don't like all the handholding changes that have been made in recent years. You can appeal to new fans without practically filling their PokéDexes for them.

Edited by eal

Almost at Mauville now. My team consists of Liddimon Jr. (Grovyle), Scar (Mightyena), Monty (Swellow), and my newly caught Khalamari (Tentacool). Looking forward to seeing how I far against Watson when the time comes.

Just beat the sixth gym.  I feel OP, and I haven't even tried to grind yet.

Just beat the sixth gym.  I feel OP, and I haven't even tried to grind yet.

What's your team?

But that's why it seems so unnecessary. The previous game stated very clearly that Mega Evolution was a new concept to them. It's the crux of the your whole journey, to find out more. I don't remember many Pokémon fans speculating on alternate universes and clamoring for Nintendo to clarify things like the Zelda fans. Sigh.

Also, I don't wanna sound like a whiner, because even though I really, really like Omega Ruby, I'm not big on some of the little changes here and there. Making it so TMs don't disappear after use is lame, nor am I big on decision to include May in more cutscenes like the X/Y, where you ran into your friends every time you entered a new town. Then, of course, there's the obscene amount of legendaries all over the place, including one in particular that used to be an event-only Pokémon. That being said, I love most all the other additions. I just don't like all the handholding changes that have been made in recent years. You can appeal to new fans without practically filling their PokéDexes for them.

1. I NEVER used TMs before Gen V. Alot of them were either 1-time only or really expensive to obtain. So I never used them aside from very dire circumstances. Which almost never happened. When they became infinite use I found them infinitely (Ha pun) more useful and actually used pokemon that I normally would never use before due to crappy move pools.

2. I may be in the minority but I LOVE the new pokedex system introduced in Gen 4. It wasnt so bad in gen 1 and 2....but it was abit tedious to go through and collect up to 250 different pokes and level them up to get those rare evolutions. Some of which made me just groan in boredom. I didnt even bother with Gen 3. I said **** it. I'm not going through that tripe again.

In Gen 4 and 5 tho a smile went on my face when I saw all you had to do was encounter alot of the pokemon making the overall experience much less taxing and made the experience much more rewarding.

Thats my 2 cents on that subject.

I actually agree with you on the PokéDex bit. They literally get better with each game and this one is no exception.

The creators of series started making TMs reusable in Black & White because they found out most players were hording them up and not using them when they were one time use, unless they were easily rebuyable. I was similiar to Tesla, only using any TMs pre-gen 5 when I really felt it was important. Most games only had one Earthquake and Psychic TM, so if I really needed it I had no other outlet later.

The only really silly thing to me so far in ORAS is the amount of Potions the guy in Oldale Town gives you. 10 is a little too generous, heck I usually don't buy many Potions(usually less than 10, I buy even less Super Potions) in my playthroughs because I end up finding better options not way too far in(Fresh Waters, Soda Pops and Lemonades for example).

I do like the the power and accuracy adjustment they gave to Rock Tomb(60 power, 95 accuracy), giving me a nice little coverage move for my starter.

Three gyms down. I'm fighting the Winstrate family right now to level up Tentacool a bit. He is only about 5 levels lower than the rest of my team. Not too bad since I caught it at level 5. I also currently have 3 Mega stones for Manectric, Steelix, and Aggron.

Just picked up my copy of OR about an hour ago. Just got my first badge, and I love it!

What starter did you pick? And what special move did the Poochyena have?

I chose Torchic, because he's always been my favorite starter, not just in Hoenn. As for the Poochyena... I got a critical hit and killed it, but didn't bother restarting. :P

My team consists of a Lv. 50 Swampert, Lv. 48 Metagross, Lv. 32 Gardevoir, Lv. 44 Nuzleaf, Lv. 39 Latios, and a Lv. 38 Slaking (HM Slave.) 

I'm telling you, game's too easy.  :P

Smogon was kind enough to create a Secret Base filled with Blissey. Just scan the code!

10731009_10152852982117390_3286243145808

Progress update: I've started to Lavaridge Town now. I've added a Numel named Newman to my team. He's about 10 levels lower than the rest of my team, except my Tentacool, who is level 25 right now. Both the Tentacool and Numel should gain a few levels in the next gym. I also caught a Machop with Heavy Slam and a Focus Band.

Second gym is beaten and I'm now at Slateport.

Entered a contest and won with my Zigzagoon. I've obtained a Cosplay Pikachu.

Current team:

Marshstomp (male) - Mr. Mackrell lvl.18

Shroomish (female) - Mee-K lvl. 19

Pikachu (female, Pop Star cosplay version) - Yuna lvl. 20

Side members:

Ralts (female) - Elly lvl. 15 : Mainly for Trace ability, although she's also around as backup help for now.

Zigzagoon (male) - Zipper lvl 12 : Mainly around for Pickup, but he also won the Normal rank Cuteness contest for me.

I did a contest with my Skitty and was pleasantly surprised with how much more fun these contests are then past ones. Much faster paced. And I appreciate giving the contest portion of the game a little story of its own.

I didn't think of trying Skitty, I caught one too.

I'm at Fallabor now. I managed to find a Skarmory last night. I don't think I'll be using it ingame though. Monty the Swellow will do. I also came across a Sandshrew with Nightslash, but a poorly timed critical hit defeated it. As for contests, I still haven't done one yet. I should probably get on that soon.

Its cute moves are pretty useful. I dominated the Normal Contest easily (even if it is the first contest). Of course, that free Pikachu kinda discouraged me from using my Skitty again because of the very effective cool moves that Cosplay Pikachu just so happens to know.

I've been playing Sapphire lately and got my whole team planned out: Swampert, Gallade, Altaria, Aggron, Manectric, and Absol. I'm currently

using a Mightyena in Absol's place.

Oh. My. Freaking. Gosh. That's a crapload of Legendaries to catch and one Master Ball... This is gonna be fun.