Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

I need help making my team on Black 2. I didn't get the game yet, but I want to be ready.

Now I want it to be made of any of the Pokémon on the following list.

Croagunk/Toxicroak

Mr. Mime

Dwebble/Crustle

Galvantula

Ludicolo

Grimer/Muk

Koffing/Weezing

Porygon/Porygon2/Porygon-Z

Paras/Parasect

Pineco/Forretress

Rotom (any form)

Maractus

Shuppet/Banette

Cacnea/Cacturne

Cradily

What I want to know is the following: what is the best team I can make using those Pokémon?

I like the hidden ability concept

• Upvote 1

I take it that the hidden grotto sets the gender of a Pokemon. }|

I need help making my team on Black 2. I didn't get the game yet, but I want to be ready.

Croagunk/Toxicroak

Mr. Mime

Dwebble/Crustle

Galvantula

Ludicolo

Grimer/Muk

Koffing/Weezing

Paras/Parasect

Pineco/Forretress

Rotom (any form)

Maractus

Shuppet/Banette

Cacnea/Cacturne

Cradily

What I want to know is the following: what is the best team I can make using those Pokémon?

Try a Porygon2 with Eviolite, Rotom-W, Ludicolo, Dry Skin Toxicroak, Muk, and Forretress. Probably not the best, but should prove useful.

Rotom Wash is beastly. But you would have to trade it over and couldn't get its wash form until well after you would need it.

From your list, the ones I would absoluetely feel I had to use would be Pineco/Forretress, Porygon family, Croagunk, and Rotom.

Some of these (specifically Pineco and Croagunk) would just be really useful throughout. Porygun is always fun, and Rotom is as well.

---------------

I love the Hidden Abilities, like the Habitat function on the Pokedex I feel it adds a little bit of that extra something that makes the game great. It takes some Pokemon who I have loved and makes them viable again in competition, and it adds some intrigue to competition. It also just makes collecting Pokemon fun, having something viewed as special is always a treat.

Well, some hidden abilities are absolutely necessary, like drought Vulpix, Drizzle Politoad, Impostor Ditto or Simple Swoobat.

Others,like Oblivious Lombre seems petty useless...

Does someone tried Moody Bibarel yet ?

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

Which one is better? Technician Mr. Mime, Soundproof Mr. Mime, or Filter Mr. Mime?

And I agree with the Oblivious Lombre thing. I preferred its other abilities...

None of those Mr.Mime are that great.

Mr. Mime was my absolute least favorite Pokemon from Gen 1.

Then they made Luvdisc, Wobuffett, and Quagsire which are all around the same to me for stupidest design.

I do tend to like the ones based on mythology or real animals though. And nearly every Pokemon from Gen 1 has a special place in my heart.

Croagunk/Toxicroak

Mr. Mime

Dwebble/Crustle

Galvantula

Ludicolo

Grimer/Muk

Koffing/Weezing

Paras/Parasect

Pineco/Forretress

Rotom (any form)

Maractus

Shuppet/Banette

Cacnea/Cacturne

Cradily

Try Pineco, Porygon-Z, Crustle, Cradily, Muk, and Galvantula. I tried to get a bit of a theme going on, but the Pokemon seem like they'd work well together.

As for Mr. Mime, Technician is the best out of those choices, but Mr. Mime really isn't very good.

I should have saved before going on route 5 for the first time.

Ugh... I could have tested something with grotto you get shown.

Bought Bkack 2 yesterday ! I really understand what you meant abou Hugh... Seriously, what's wrong with him ?

I just obtained the second badge and I'm collecting Lemonades in Pokewood...

Actually, my team is composed of Oshawott, Riolu, Magnemite, Magby and Koffing. Lv 13-14.

What really surprised me is all the pokemon you can find ! I'm only at the 2nd Badge and I've captured 17 Pokemon. That's really impressive !

So, I'm really happy about this game for now !

Edited by Holy Slime Knight
  • Upvote 2

Bought Bkack 2 yesterday ! I really understand what you meant abou Hugh... Seriously, what's wrong with him ?

Actually, my team is composed of Oshawott, Riolu, Magnemite, Magby and Koffing. Lv 13-14.

What really surprised me is all the pokemon you can find ! I'm only at the 2nd Badge and I've captured 17 Pokemon. That's really impressive !

So it would seem that there is a great selection of Pokemon to pick from. Anybody know if a Drizzle Politoad is available in-game at any time?

So it would seem that there is a great selection of Pokemon to pick from. Anybody know if a Drizzle Politoad is available in-game at any time?

It's prevo Poliwhirl is in one of the hidden grottos

Well, as I found out, gender does get set by the grotto. Also, the first set Minccino is always a male.

When Bianca first takes you into the grotto.

Great. I can't wait to get a Drizzle Politoad.

Just beat Drayden. Hehe. He didn't stand a chance.

Is this a good Lucario Moveset?

Force Palm

Bone Rush

Sword Dance

Ice Punch

I'm thinking that his Force Palm might be replaced with another Elemental Punch, but I'm not too sure.

Wanna' know the ironic thing, there, ryangroovey? That's the EXACT moveset I had on my Lucario when I fought him. Oh, and keep Force Palm. I still have it on mine, and it is still useful. One, it has a chance of causing Paralysis, two, Lucario gets STAB from it, and three, if you have the right Nature, it makes great use of Lucario's Attack stat (especially once you include STAB).

My reccomendation would be to ditch Bone Rush and Swords Dance (depending on what Nautre you have) and replace them with Aura Sphere and another move of your choice. In my case it's Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse. ALTHOUGH you COULD go to the Move Relearner at the PWT and have her teach your Lucario Dark Pulse.

Edited by DragonGaurdian

Heh, it's a small world after all.

Can't Lucario learn Drain Pawnch? If so, that would be even better than Force Palm.

As it turns out, my Lucario has flawess I.V.'s. :D

Yeah... Aura Sphere could work. Don't know about the other two moves, but that would be a good Bone Rush replacement. I think I might keep Sword Dance, though. Give it a Focus Sash and the opponent will probably be out with a Ice Pawnch.

Thank's for the help!

Edited by ryangroovy

Wanna' know the ironic thing, there, ryangroovey? That's the EXACT moveset I had on my Lucario when I fought him. Oh, and keep Force Palm. I still have it on mine, and it is still useful. One, it has a chance of causing Paralysis, two, Lucario gets STAB from it, and three, if you have the right Nature, it makes great use of Lucario's Attack stat (especially once you include STAB).

My reccomendation would be to ditch Bone Rush and Swords Dance (depending on what Nautre you have) and replace them with Aura Sphere and another move of your choice. In my case it's Aura Sphere and Dragon Pulse. ALTHOUGH you COULD go to the Move Relearner at the PWT and have her teach your Lucario Dark Pulse.

First why would you ditch bone rush and Swords Dance?

If your Lucario has high Attack I would roll with Drain Punch, Bone Rush/Earthquake, Elemental Punch, Swords Dance. With Lucario's speed he makes a fantastic sweeper so you need as much coverage as you can on his moves, Shadow Claw is also good.

If your Lucario has high Sp. Attack you should absolutely lose Force Palm for Aura Sphere and you can lose Swords Dance since it is worthless for a special set. Lucario is an amazing special sweeper because of his deep move-set he has Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball, Dragon Pulse, Hyper Beam, and Psychic all great options. He also has Calm Mind which is not nearly as good as Sword Dance or Nasty Plot, but still worth a try.

You can also run a mixed set with him. But you only get four moves so you have to make them count, and think about the type of coverage you want on him.

The only real problem with Lucario is Steel typing is a real bummer for him. It gives him weaknesses and offers no great strengths.

Edit: Brick Break instead of Drain Punch is also a good option if you know your opposition likes Light Screen and Reflect.

Edited by Cairne Gotha

Still no luck on route 5.

(I have had other Pokemon pop up in the hidden grotto though, but not a female Minccino)

If your Lucario has high Attack I would roll with Drain Punch, Bone Rush/Earthquake, Elemental Punch, Swords Dance. With Lucario's speed he makes a fantastic sweeper so you need as much coverage as you can on his moves, Shadow Claw is also good.

If your Lucario has high Sp. Attack you should absolutely lose Force Palm for Aura Sphere and you can lose Swords Dance since it is worthless for a special set. Lucario is an amazing special sweeper because of his deep move-set he has Nasty Plot, Shadow Ball, Dragon Pulse, Hyper Beam, and Psychic all great options. He also has Calm Mind which is not nearly as good as Sword Dance or Nasty Plot, but still worth a try.

You can also run a mixed set with him. But you only get four moves so you have to make them count, and think about the type of coverage you want on him.

The only real problem with Lucario is Steel typing is a real bummer for him. It gives him weaknesses and offers no great strengths.

Edit: Brick Break instead of Drain Punch is also a good option if you know your opposition likes Light Screen and Reflect.

My Lucario has a balanced Special Attack and Attack, with Special Attack getting a bit of an edge. (About 12 points)

How about:

Mixed: ( Nasty Plot, to take advantage with his slight Sp. Atk. advantage, with Ice Punch, to Freeze Walls and damage Pokemon with high Sp. Def.)

Nasty Plot

Aura Sphere

Ice Punch

Shadow Ball

Attack:

Sword Dance

Ice Punch

Drain Punch (Mostly just a way to get a couple HP back...) (Maybe Close Combat instead?)

Bone Rush

Special Attack:

Nasty Plot

Aura Sphere

Psychic

Shadow Ball

Edited by ryangroovy
  • Upvote 1

@ryangroovy: Yeah, my Lucario has high Attack and Special Attack (with Attack being slightly higher). I'm using moves to complement each. Also, if I'm up against an opponent that has high Defense making my physical moves practically useless, I can still nail 'em with special moves.

My Lucario is more magically oriented, even if he only now physical move for now...

Still one of my strongest Pokemon...

I captured N's Darmanitian and Darumaka !

My team is still a little underleveled...

My Lucario has a balanced Special Attack and Attack, with Special Attack getting a bit of an edge. (About 12 points)

How about:

Mixed: ( Nasty Plot, to take advantage with his slight Sp. Atk. advantage, with Ice Punch, to Freeze Walls and damage Pokemon with high Sp. Def.)

Nasty Plot

Aura Sphere

Ice Punch

Shadow Ball

Attack:

Sword Dance

Ice Punch

Drain Punch (Mostly just a way to get a couple HP back...) (Maybe Close Combat instead?)

Bone Rush

Special Attack:

Nasty Plot

Aura Sphere

Psychic

Shadow Ball

I cannot express enough my utter love of Lucario for this very reason. He can be a beast and has such a deep move pool for either way. I just wish he had Earth Power. I also wish he had some viable Steel type moves. With that said I have one Lucario I run Toxic, I've found it to be useful for certain sets.

What you posted could work. I ran a Dark Pulse, Dragon Pulse, Aura Sphere, Nasty Plot set for a while as well.

And Dragon Pulse is more powerful and more accurate for Dragon fighting, Ice Punch covers more types but Dragon Pulse is good because if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being up against a type with 2 other non-effective types (say you meet a ghost and don't have Shadow Ball on Lucario) Dragon is always normal effectiveness except with other Dragons, where it is super effective. Lucario can often win with a 90 power move on a special set with a semi high sp. attack.

This game I have a physical attacker, so I intend to use a:

Swords Dance

Close Combat

Earthquake/Bulldoze

Ice Punch

---------

On another note, I love Ursaring. It's slow as it can be, but it has such a brutal attack stat. I worked hard to catch myself one with high IVs in Attack way back in Gen 3 and have bred it down in later games to create one beastly Ursaring I named Bawse. I have him running a pretty potent set

Return

Fire Punch

Earthquake

Swords Dance

Edited by Cairne Gotha

I entirely agree, he's probably one of the most versatile Pokemon of them all. If only he could learn Earth Power, and Meteor Mash... (At least, I don't think he can learn Meteor Mash.)

Anyway, I'll try out each of the movesets everyone's suggested. Thank's for the help!