Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

Blech, I have no Pokemon that are good against Clay. Seriously, his Bulldoze OHKO's almost everything but my Lucario and Thundorus. With Thundorus, it's OHKO'd with Rock Throw or whatever instead. And then there's Mr. Underleveled Genesect, and Onix. Zorua sucks, too.

Thinking of bringing in my Miltank...

I wish I got Snivy or Oshawott instead. Oh, well. I've never had to grind in any Pokemon game. This'll be a nice change of pace.

Is Sawsbuck available for you? The grass might help.

I could get one, but... I hate Deerling/Sawsbuck/Stantler and everything it/they stand for. I'm thinking I might try a Keldeo, or possibly just leveling up my Sigilyph.

Maybe I'll give Lucario an Air Balloon, and open with Landorus. Not sure what to do with Pignite, but maybe I'll swap up his moveset. Or just level up Onix (He's only LV. 19...) and cheat my way through. At least (Skyla?) should be easier.

My team is so far is Pignite, Espeon, Azumarill, Flaaffy and Lilligant.

I'm actually curious as to what had happened to Raticate. I like to assume that he threw it into the ocean.

I usually thought he put it in the PC, yeah... I'm boring about it. But the Raticate theory is one those things that doesn't try to use false evidence(since there is no statement from the creators about it, it's fine to do WMGs for it).

On another note, I was bored and decided to look through Tumblr pages about the reactions toward PETA's little "parody" of the series. It's generated a good amount of fanart as well as some people taking screenshots of when they nicknamed them obscene words(that actually fit well in the sentences during each battle turn).

Hehe, got him. My Air Balloon thing worked.

If we're on the topic of Pokemon thingies with Lavender Town Syndrome and such, how about White Hand? I find it unlikely Gamefreak planned to put something like that in Pokemon, much less re-write the coding on the whole Gameboy.

Hehe, got him. My Air Balloon thing worked.

If we're on the topic of Pokemon thingies with Lavender Town Syndrome and such, how about White Hand? I find it unlikely Gamefreak planned to put something like that in Pokemon, much less re-write the coding on the whole Gameboy.

They're definitely nothing more than your typical creepypasta. It was paired with the story of Lavender Town Syndrome. And people have hacked the original Japanese Pokemon Red and Green games and found nothing like that at all in them.

I listened to both versions of the Lavender Town theme with headphones on. I posted before that the differences between both songs are very mild, although there are some other differences I noticed:

The original Japanese version of the song sounds a little more beta-ish and primative, the later version is more elaborate overall.

The supposedly infamous tone in the original song is slightly higher in pitch, but is nothing that would caused any real issues(outside of the annoyance due to the shrilliness of it). The later version's tone is lower in pitch and slightly lower in volume.

Edited by Stepchan

A few of my friends still think White Hand was true...

Although Lavender Town's original music gave me a headache, I had no other problems.

Ash's Coma Theory is pretty repetitive, but it presents some interesting ideas.

And then there's those terrible ones about MissingNO. I'm not even going to dignify them by commenting on them.

Although not related to Pogeyman, Ben Drowned was pretty decent. Especially with the interactive websites and everything.

I'm not sure which one did it, but a Creepypasta likely triggered my Schizophrenia.

White Hand, along with Buryman (aka Buried Alive) are creepypastas often coupled with Lavender Town Syndrome.

White Hand(labeled as Whitehand.gif) was suppose to pop up on the third floor and have two attacks: Fist and Brutal with animations that cause adverse health effects on the player.

Buried Alive was supposed to be the boss of the tower according to the creepypasta with two White Hands, Gengar and a Muk. If you defeated Buried Alive, the game would freeze. If you lost, the game would show an ending of your character getting eaten alive and supposedly be a permanent image whenever you started the game up on your Gameboy(As a staticmesh.wav or something to that effect).

Obviously, both of these stories are pure fiction. The Gameboy can't handle gif or wav images because they use alot more data than bitmaps and none of these things are even found in the rom of the originals(programmers are far more likely to dummy out unused game data than remove it from the game, this is due to cost and time issues).

A few of my friends still think White Hand was true...

Although Lavender Town's original music gave me a headache, I had no other problems.

Ash's Coma Theory is pretty repetitive, but it presents some interesting ideas.

And then there's those terrible ones about MissingNO. I'm not even going to dignify them by commenting on them.

Although not related to Pogeyman, Ben Drowned was pretty decent. Especially with the interactive websites and everything.

I'm not sure which one did it, but a Creepypasta likely triggered my Schizophrenia.

The headache from the original version can by attributed to one of two things.

The shrilliness from the pitch can cause it, because it tends to vibrate the center of your head abit. I actually felt my sinuses buzz from it with the headphones on(I did have it up on a high volume, to compare both it and the later version. The later version had no such effect on my sinuses even with the high volume).

The second cause can be a form of the placebo effect, a "your mind makes it real" scenario. Happened to some people who listened to it and knew about the creepypasta(or they could have been trolling).

In my case, I didn't get a headache, although a girl who was going myth busters on LTS did feel a little dizzy from listening to original. The fact that she's younger and has ears with more sensitive hearing capabilities could be why.

Edited by Stepchan

I was listening to it really loud, and that's probably why it hurt. (Almost as loud as standing next to the speaker in a somewhat loud Rock Concert.)

Anyway, which version of Colour Kyurem is better? It's hard for me too tell...

I'm pretty dissatisfied with the Pokestar Studios minigames. They looked really cool, but it turns out that they're mind-numbingly boring.

@ Stepchan : Thanks ! Well, those rumors are part of the cxharm of the first generation(there's also the Pokegods, mew's truck, Bill's Secret Garden..).

That, and the Safari bugs !

I was listening to it really loud, and that's probably why it hurt. (Almost as loud as standing next to the speaker in a somewhat loud Rock Concert.)

Anyway, which version of Colour Kyurem is better? It's hard for me too tell...

I'm pretty dissatisfied with the Pokestar Studios minigames. They looked really cool, but it turns out that they're mind-numbingly boring.

Apparently,White Kyurem is the best competitively speaking. Mainly because Dragon/Fire is an unstoppable attacking combo, and because it have more special options...

If you don't play competitively, I think that they can easily wreak havoc any ennemy's team. 170 ATK STAB Outrage is nothing to be ashamed of...

hereis the serebii.net evaluation if you want more details !

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

Although I do fight competitively, I think Kyurem-B would be a better option. Mostly because I don't really have any Pokemon that use Electric-Type moves.

I have a question that I hope you guys can answer.

Getting Pokémon Dream Radar before Pokémon Black/White 2 is needless? I prefer getting Dream Radar now and start catching Pokémon to transfer them to Black 2 once I get it. Unless Pokémon you catch there can't be saved and must be transferred right away...

You can transfer them later on, but there is a limit to the amount of Pokemon and Items you can carry.

Here's what's new in Pokemon news:

Recently, Smogon University has been doing several tests on Uber and OU pokemon. The results are: Snow Cloak and Sand Veil and no longer allowed in OU. This means that you can only use Rough Skin Garchomp now, due to it being demoted to OU. Kyurem-B was being tested for OU. As of now, it is currently still Uber. To see a list of OU for Gen.5, click the link http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/ou

In other news, a Pokemon game for 3DS has been announced. So here we have it, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. Here are some images:axew.jpgsnivy.jpgpikachu2.jpghydreigon2.jpgkyurem.jpg To see more, click the link http://www.serebii.n...nity/pics.shtml

I didn't think Garchomp quite deserved to be in the Uber Tier. He makes a perfect OU, though.

Black Kyurem looks like it should probably be kept Uber, mostly due to it's terrible movepool.

I can't wait for Magnagate. Looks good...

From what I read in the past, Garchomp was upped to Ubers due to overcentralizing the metagame. Sand Veil, varied movepool, good HP/DEF/SDEF(Yache Berry and Focus Sash further complemented it) and an Attack and Speed stat that caused a lack of reliable safe switch in counters(except for a Cresselia gimmick set) during G4 competitive battling(Weavile couldn't easily counter it either). It's typing, while making it 4x weak to Ice, is really good offensively.

Thinking about the whole 'Ubers' thing got me to thinking about Hidden Abilities and, by association, the Pokemon in the Hidden Grottos. I caught the Pickpocket- ability Sneasel in the Giant Chasm's Hidden Grotto yesterday (it's now a Weavile w/ the same ability), as well as the Minus- Manectric. I'm currently trying to get the Drought-Vulpix and the Multiscale-Dragonite. While I didn't think the Weavile would be terribly useful right off the bat, I was actually pleasantly surprised when it proved vital to clearing the World Leaders Tournament at the PWT. Punishment and Ice Shard worked wonders!

Edited by DragonGaurdian
  • Upvote 1

I never thought Garchomp was that great, because of it's weakness to Ice. Just like how Charizard falls apart against Rock. (And I love Ice Types! Eat it, Garchomp!)

The Drought Vulpix is great. Trust me, get it as soon as you can.

Edited by ryangroovy

Well, I was planning on it anyways. When I saw info about it on Serebii.net, I made it one of the first Grotto Pokemon I'd try to get. Its ability could set up SO many combos.... I.e. Send out Drought-tails (Drought-Ninetails) and, oh say Charizard. Return Drought-tails and send out Lucario. Lucario can whack any rock-type Pokemon to protect Charizard, and Charizard (with the power-boost from the sunlight) could take care of most else (especially with the right moveset).

Edited by DragonGaurdian

Double weakness to Stealth Rock + Solar power damage... If you switch, you're basically dead, I'd think....

I also doubt the uses of a metal pokemon in sunlight....

I never thought Garchomp was that great, because of it's weakness to Ice. Just like how Charizard falls apart against Rock. (And I love Ice Types! Eat it, Garchomp!)

The Drought Vulpix is great. Trust me, get it as soon as you can.

That's where the Focus Sash and Yache Berries came in. I guess some people got tired of seeing Garchomp most of the time in OU. Heck even Salamence was in Ubers at one point. Cresselia, Skarmory and Bronzong are some of the things I know that can wall it(unless it had Fire Fang to deal with the later two).

I do agree that some of the things that they ban don't make sense. I've even seen some people asking for a support clause when people were using Prankster ability Whimsicott quite abit.

Drought Vulpix I would love to get(along with Magic Bounce Espeon and Xatu).

Looks through Hidden Grottos

Oh good, Drought Vulpix is in one of them.

Speaking of hidden of Grottos, Skill Link Minccino is the last planned member for my team.

I have beaten the 4th gym(I didn't have much in the way of ground attacks outside of Dig, which the Tepig line can't learn. My Espeon actually had it). And the next route is where I can get the Minccino I want. Unless I get really lucky(I want to get a female, since that's the gender that can pass down hidden abilities), I'm probably in for a long haul with the grottos(which keep reminding me of Dragon Quest 9, which gives me the urge to play that as well).

Yeah, some of the Hidden Grotto Pokemon are rather nice. The Minus Manectric isn't bad. And apparently they changed the Minus abilitiy's effects, too: It boosts Special Attack when fighting alongside a Pokemon with Plus OR Minus. In other words, if you Double or Triple-Battled with Mulitple Minus Manectrics, they'd all boost each others' Special Attack stats.

What's everyone's opinions on the Hidden Ability concept?

I like how it saved a lot of Pokemon from being otherwise rather generic Pokemon, like Venusaur's Chlorophyll.

Also, I've heard that Kyurem's forms retain Dragon-Ice.

They have the highest Physical/Special Attack stats in the game, and only 20 points lower base stats than Arceus.

I'm really curious to see how they turn out in the long run for the Meta Game.

I like the idea of Hidden Ability's. Adds more variety.

Yeah, Kyurem's Formes remain ad Dragon/Ice. I thought it should have been Ice/Fire or Ice/Electric, but, oh well...

They seem like they'll be a bit overpowered, but they do have some problems. Some of which are obvious, and some aren't quite as obvious.