Cairne Gotha

Pokemans!

So I just booted up my Pokemon Black for the first time, in many many months, to get the free Pokemon from Gamestop (EB Games for you Canadians [i think]). I also put down a little coin on Pokemon White 2.

Which got me wondering, how many of you folks are Pokemon fans?

My favorite Pokemon is Ursaring, what's yours?

• Upvote 10

Ninetails.

• Upvote 8

I still use my old Infernape every once in a while. I'm very sentimental so I have a huge softspot for the first six starters, particularly Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Totodile.

Ninetails was actually one of my all time favorites in the first game. I bought the wrong game and ended up with Growlithe and had to scour for a vulpix...the show really made me love ninetails...even though I only remember it being on there a handful of times.

• Upvote 6

Mine, believe it or not...

Is a tie between Porygon-Z, Banette and Muk. For some reason, I couldn't decide in 6 months.

• Upvote 5

My favorite Pokemon(and by far the cutest IMO), is

170px-220Swinub.png

As for battling, I'm nowhere without my special

Spr_5b_473_f_s.png

complete with Snow Cloak and matching nature

• Upvote 5

Foongus, so much that I bought a plushie at the State Fair. In my opinion, it's the cutest by far.

But if I had to go with a badass-looking 'mon, it would be Garchomp.

• Upvote 5

I always liked the way Mamoswine looked, but never used him.

For me it shall always be about Bawse,

tumblr_m83lbkxHWw1r0q7zqo1_500.png

• Upvote 4

Speaking of Porygon-Z...

I think I should post this. Besides making me sentimental, it remembers me of how Nintendo can be a dream-crusher sometimes.

pgsaDOemZUOyFHiqc4XAvw2.png

You don't need to read what Porygon-Z wrote. Not even myself could understand it. At least for the most part.

• Upvote 4

Yo Goop, aren't you a Digimon person?

What does that game/series offer that Pokemon doesn't?

• Upvote 3

Millions of dollars in royalties for mimicing Pokemon/Final Fantasy?

• Upvote 2

Heatran and Blastiose I just like the way the look(and I solod pokemon blue with Blastiose)

Edited by Madason
  • Upvote 2

I just liked Ninetails, I think they were in Blue, not sure.

Always had one in my team too.

• Upvote 2

Why every Pokémon fan asks me that!? Oh, if Digimon and Pokémon fans could make peace...

But if you want to know... Digimon is mostly based around computation. You do not even imagine how much I love computation.

Also... I like mostly the design of some Digimon than Pokémon. Digimon also has a lot of Digimon taken from things I like. Wooden puppets, pierrots, gameras, Leviathan, mechanized bees, weeds, parasitic arachnids, you name it.

Still, I like both Digimon and Pokémon. Why? I don't know. But I do.

Now, we better shut up this Digimon talk. Non-Digimon fans will be unpleased.

• Upvote 2

(and I solod pokemon blue with Blastiose)

That's pretty badass. I thought about making an all turtle team, I like the turtles and they have quite a few now.

I just liked Ninetails, I think they were in Blue, not sure.

Always had one in my team too.

Yeah they were in Blue, I played red. But I had one in my team later in the game, when I got one in a trade. I think I traded my Mewtwo for it, if that lets you know how much I cared about having one.

Why every Pokémon fan asks me that!? Oh, if Digimon and Pokémon fans could make peace...

Still, I like both Digimon and Pokémon. Why? I don't know. But I do.

Now, we better shut up this Digimon talk. Non-Digimon fans will be unpleased.

I am interested, because I wanted to play some Digimon, I enjoyed the cartoon (what little I saw of it) and always wanted to give it a shot, just never got around to it.

I think you can like multiple different titles in the same genre. I enjoy the couple of Final Fantasies I've played despite my addiction to Dragon Quest.

• Upvote 1

I downloaded Keldeo on Thursday. I checked it's nature out of curiosity(Bashful), a couple of guys(who I talked too when getting Keldeo) asked me why I didn't soft reset. :P I wasn't worried about getting a competitive nature though.

I still need to do my preorder. I'm leaning toward Pokemon Black 2.

As for favorites, I have alot and I do mean alot of favorite Pokemon.

Misdreavus, Flareon, Bellossom and Cinccino are among them.

Edited by Stepchan
  • Upvote 1

My favorites tend to shift now and again, but generally I'm a fan of the Porygon line. And yeah, it's dumb that there's this sort of taboo on it in the anime as a result of Electric Soldier Porygon.

They need to make more robotic pokeymanz, if ya ask me :P

• Upvote 1

Funny you say that Sasuke, because I HATE their robotic ones thus far. I disdain the collection of magnets, the pokeball....and I guess those are the closest they come.

It would be cool to see an evil team just utilize mechanical monsters as a way for them to introduce dozens of new mechanical Pokemon.

Swerve time, what are your least favorite pokemon. Aside from the above mentioned, I HATE Luvdisc.

• Upvote 1

And that, Sasuke, is another reason of why I like Digimon.

I liek Swalot too.

(The typing mistake was completely intentional)

And my least favorite Pokémon...

Is Skarmory. I hate it.

Edited by Gooptek
  • Upvote 1

Keldeo. Hate it. Beyond overrated, the other Muskateers are better. Also it makes the bronies happy, can't have none of that.

• Upvote 6

I hate Keldeo because there is no in game way to get one, thus ruining my naming trend. So now I have Aramis, Porthos, Athos, and #&@*#*@ Keldeo! I hate you Gamefreak. I hate you and your event legendaries within a set, I hate you and your non global trade with a gift ribbon selves!

Now that that's over I'll get back to work on my hacked Keldeo with the proper name, d'Artagnan.

And I never even knew there were such things as bronies, but I agree they are probably already far too happy a lot of people. They don't need a Pokemon to aid their gladness. We should find a way to murder this Keldeo and drink its blood in order to live forever.

Edited by Cairne Gotha
  • Upvote 4

I haven't bought a Pokemon game since SoulSilver but I still have my favorites: Blaziken, Dragonite, Empoleon, and Umbreon.

• Upvote 1

Don't be hatin' on Magnezone, yo. It can be a pretty good ally, and not much of a foe if you just keep some ground around :P

But yeah, I'd approve of more mechanical ones. Golett and Golurk are supposed to be 'automaton' pokemon, but the distinctions between ancient, magically endowed robots and golems generally aren't that profound. I know my cousin would like to see a robot form for Rotom in light of the story surrounding it in Platinum.

As for LEAST favorite Pokemon? That's another thing that changes around for me, but I typically loathe facing anything with an on-contact ability, like stupid Pikachu and its static. The Zubat line is also annoying with confusion and all, and having been in nearly every game, although I can't completely hate them since I've used a Crobat before and it's done pretty well. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to answer this question more easily after Black and White 2 come out and I find a pokermanz worth hating in it :P

• Upvote 1

I hate well, um, I guess whatever Pokemon I battle because I have to cream it rather than use it. As for ones I love, I'm a Sandstorm, Hail, and Entry set up user.

• Upvote 1