Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Democrobot

Your role in DQ

If you were in DQ, what would your role be? I think I would be a cross between a Merchant and Thief who runs a specialty shop for adventurers. I would also be the guy who collects mini-medals. What about you guys?

I've gone through many phases. At first, I always liked the pilgrim role; decent attacker, some magic spells, but keeps their party alive! But I've also been a real mage fan too, what with their awesome spells and some small support. I suppose Sage would fit me, but it'd have to be the way the DQ9 Sage is; balanced with only having a general mix of the spells, not every single one. I disliked the DW3 sage as it made wizard and cleric pointless to be.

A mix of priest and monster tamer (DQ6, Super Famicom/Super Nintendo version).

The Martial Artist! Same as in real life :D

I would like to be the dude from IV who builds a new town. Exploring and traversing the world maps and finding cool stuff is one of my favorite things about the series.

I'd be a healer

Torneko.

DQ7 Sage with a bit of Dq6 monster master and Dq9 armamentalist

I've only played DQ9 outside of the Monsters series, but from that I'd probably be a Ranger.

...I actually don't remember much other than the Wolf Whistle, but I would definitely want that ability oAo

I would be...

The King of Puppeteers!

Oh, one can dream...

Psaro would be a nice one to suit me. A bit of frustration and hatred til a final outburst of evil and malevolance to finally be reborn into a great hero-like magic-user fighter.

Well, since I'm a pastor at a church IRL, I guess that makes me the Priest. Or a Paladin. :) Of course, I would probably master other vocations as well, cuz I'm not one to run when somebody needs help!

A priest that likes dragon quest? Dude that's AWESOME!

A priest that likes dragon quest? Dude that's AWESOME!

Haha. I'm actually working on a book with a friend from another ministry as well looking at how God and religion are portrayed in videogames. We include old school RPG's like Dragon Quest and Lufia II where the church is a place of healing and priests are generally healers as well. Unlike many more recent games like Devil May Cry or Assassin's Creed where priests are often depicted as corrupt and the church is a place of violence. It's a pretty interesting topic.

It's awesome to be able to take something I've always loved like Dragon Quest and combine it with my life's work. :)

Yeah that does sound like a really cool topic. Well....good luck with it and anything else you do

Have some elements of a Minstrel and Sage most likely(Don't know what class for sure), with an affinity for fan wielding.

Something with access to breath attacks, yo. All those awesome instances of halitosis. Those skills have become hard to come by and limited in use in the main series since VIII, and that makes me sad.

Although something with eye blasters would also be neat. Hmm...

Maybe mastering Monster classes is the way to go. It would make my treasure hunting easier(and maybe allow me to run a secret pit where people battle each other to win prizes, provided they defeat the champ).

I'd put myself somewhere between Martial Artist and Mage.

I'm the type that, while intellectual, tends to punch first and ask questions later. I also tend to be able to take either quite a beating or a stray breeze at most sometimes.

Bandana + Bag = Thief. I love to explore for treasure in every single place from town to dungeons. I'm happy whenever its money, equipment, weapons, items.... mostly money. Also, Ministrel is good too.

Paladin - swordsman who can heal and is good at supporting spells.

Actually, one of the things I've always liked about DQ is how it generally treats a (pseudo)-Christian religion with respect and makes it a force for good rather than evil-god-in-disguise, like lots of other RPGs tend to do.