Sign in to follow this  
zanchan

DQX 3DS App

Today was the release of the 3DS's DQX "tool" 『ドラゴンクエストⅩ 冒険者ã®ãŠã§ã‹ã‘便利ツールã€that lets you do all sorts of things, coolest of which is "Double Streetpass" -- if you pass the same person in both real life and in the DQX game world, you gain Double Streetpass points and, I'd imagine, receive some kind of rare item as a reward.

It would seem like a sort of impossible thing, Double Streetpassing, but living in central Tokyo, you pass so many other people with 3DSs that I'd imagine it will happen sooner rather than later.

Is anyone else around here in Japan? I'm so curious to see when someone will manage a Double Streetpass...

Anyway, here's a list of all the stuff the 3DS app does: http://gematsu.com/2...n-app-announced

Edited by zanchan

Here are two terrible pics I took with my iPhone of my 3DS LL and the new app. The first is just the title screen, the second is the main menu. The top screen is a continuously updated high-res (for 3DS) pic from the in-game live cam. This one is in グレン城下町 (Glen Castle Town). And the bottom screen is the main menu.

http://postimage.org/image/66vzzd71h/

http://postimage.org/image/hyognwr1h/

Edited by zanchan

thats awesome! great find!

Have you been to the concierge? That is where you redeem double street pass points. But you don't get your first item until 10 passes. Being in America it looks like this is impossible.

Have you been to the concierge? That is where you redeem double street pass points. But you don't get your first item until 10 passes. Being in America it looks like this is impossible.

Of course I've been! Thank the Goddess for the concierge - I need those genkidamas or I'd be hopeless at grinding. But yeah, I've noticed the mention of double surechigai there. I don't think ten is unreasonable. I mean, the app only hit the Nintendo e-shop at around 3pm today, so when I left the house later, I doubt nearly anyone had the app yet. But normal streetpasses are EASY to come by here. I only went a few stations down the line (well, to Shinjuku) and I got 30 of them today. And only because I only checked three times. You can just stand in one spot in Shinjuku Station and get as many as you please, though that is sort of cheating, isn't it? Anyway, I'm excited for the doubles to start happening...

Also, the coolest thing about the app is the 3D! I didn't have it turned up when I wrote my first post earlier, but WOW. The live cam in 3D looks seriously cool. A+ to Nintendo and Squenix on that one.

3D sounds extremely cool.

When I visited Japan when DQIX was in its prime it was really easy as well in Tokyo, but places like Shikoku gave me no one. Since there are less people playing DQX currently I figure that there are probably less people out to surechigai with and then you have to have the luck to run into them in the game as well. So I'll be interested in hearing how it goes for you.

The app picked up eight people today. Now, of course, the hard part will be finding them in the game. Over so many servers, it really might take a while. But we'll see how it goes. It's fun passing people with the app because you exchange profile cards that show you the person's character's picture, level, total play time, and a little message they write. One of the people I passed today has more than 120 hours logged already! Makes my 36 hours look full of shame :P