Hello, I'm JessicaAlbert13 if you didn't already know. I'm a huge fan of Dragon Quest! I've completed every game, cept Dragon Warrior VII (grah, 82 hours in and still on disc 1). My website is DQ-HQ and I have a tumblr, both links are on my signature. I have a youtube by the same name. In fact if you find a JessicaAlbert13 that's not me I would be shocked!

I would love to see more Dragon Quest in English, and not just Dragon Quest games. At home I have a HUGE manga collection. I'm a book nerd! I love Berserk, Sailor Moon (they're re-releasing it), Black Cat, FullMetal Alchemist, +Anima, The Legend of Zelda manga (by Akira Himekawa), Slayers (actually the light novels), .Hack (manga and light novels), The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novels), Dragon Ball, Sand Land (by Akira Toriyama), Cique Du Freak (by Takahiro Arai), Lucky Star, Ruroni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho... and the list goes on! I also have a collection of manga straight from Japan! I have 14 volumes of the Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden manga. Odd how I have the manga and the game yet I still haven't managed to beat DQ VII! :kiss:

My Dragon Quest VII manga is in Japanese of course. I bought it at an Anime Convention. I've tried translating bits and pieces but my Japanese is...um.... lacking. I'm improving a bit! I can read hiragana and katakana! And I know Japanese grammar rules. I just don't have all the words memorized. (I'm bad at trying to learn languages on my own!)

But this post isn't for Dragon Quest VII... you see thanks to ChaotikZ I have downloaded Dragon Quest manga on my computer! I have some 4Koma manga and Dragon Quest VI! Problem there... the Dragon Quest VI manga is missing some vital pages. Same with some of the 4Koma, but 4Koma manga is gag manga and doesn't need a fluid storyline. Each strip is a 4 panel comic. You can see examples here: http://superybertv.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=112426682

However, there was one manga download that had every page included! The Dragon Quest V Heaven Manga, the manga that tells the story of Sora and Ten, the hero and Bianca's children, as they search for their parents. The manga is ten volumes total and every book has every page inlcuded!

So let me get to the point of this topic.....

I would like to translate the Heaven Manga and some 4Koma manga! I could try it by myself but I would feel comfortable if anyone here on the Den would be willing to help me! My understanding of Japanese is kindergarten at best. I would like someone confident in Japanese to help me out! And I'd like to know how to go about posting manga on the Den here or DQ-HQ.

You see, my dream is to post the DQ V Heaven Manga and more 4Koma strips. With more Dragon Quest manga floating around the internet, perhaps fans will regain their vigor for the series! And attract new fans!

The only fully translated Dragon Quest manga is the Dai manga by project Square Ocean. DQ has so much more to offer! I'd like to see more Dragon Quest manga available online!

If you're willing to lend me a hand or advice email me at: jessicaalbert1992(at)yahoo(dot)com or send me a message on the Den or DQ-HQ!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any manga or anime but I've been having a look at the first strips on your web. I must admit that Psaro's gags are very funny.

• 2 years later...

What is the name of the DQ V anime? I'd love to find a way to watch it with English subtitles. Do the Japanese DVDs have English subtitles or will I have to watch it through...other means?

• 1 year later...

Im in the same boat as you Jess, only replace DQ5 with DQ6. Still, 2 people translating is better then one i suppose?

Edited by Neo