Sign in to follow this  
zanchan

Gameplay journal

What does the hearts do?

Also how does the Redo Orb work? Does it reset SP in that class, or specific area (ie swords?) or everything?

I'm at the point where I could fight the Scythe guy but I have a feeling I'm not quite strong enough to fight him yet.

The hearts are used in creating costume things for your beast and material pets. Redo orbs are used for resetting a tree after you complete the redo orb quest in Gaturanto. You will likely want some of the HP passives before you tackle that boss though since the boss was designed with 50s in mind that have accomplished a decent number of the passive trees. I remember him one shotting me decent amount. 

Beat Baramos and King Hydra for the first time today. Baramos dropped his necklace on the first shot, King Hydra dropped one fragment after two tries (one wipeout after getting his health halfway down, one total victory).

I'd fought Baramos twice before, and he wiped us out pretty bad those times. But this time was... unexpectedly easy? I have no idea what changed over the course of 4 levels and a new helmet, but hey, a victory is a victory. Though I think one of the bigger reasons is probably that towards the middle of the fight, he suddenly started using his Charm Dance over and over. He just... broke out dancing all of a sudden, and did nothing else for almost 2 whole minutes. Luckily this was AFTER our Priests had Kirapon'd everybody to make us immune to it. I actually had a hard time concentrating on pushing the boss after the 10th or so Charm Dance in a row, from laughing too hard. His health was already well below the halfway point and everything, but his disco fever just would not stop. Most fun I've had fighting a boss in quite a while.

Grats merry' glad you got it done before maintenance. I have three or four bosses to tackle tonight. I got two of them down almost but the AI was annoyingly dumb and ended up dying before I could finish them. It happened that way two or three times until I decided I just needed to get back to work.

The hearts are used in creating costume things for your beast and material pets. Redo orbs are used for resetting a tree after you complete the redo orb quest in Gaturanto. You will likely want some of the HP passives before you tackle that boss though since the boss was designed with 50s in mind that have accomplished a decent number of the passive trees. I remember him one shotting me decent amount. 

I don't think I've done that quest, but I already have a couple of Redo Orbs. No idea where I got them. :P

I need to level my Warrior to 58 to get the +30 HP skill in that case. All my other classes are lower than 30 so it's going to take a while to grind them all up  :cry: .

I don't think I've done that quest, but I already have a couple of Redo Orbs. No idea where I got them. :P

I need to level my Warrior to 58 to get the +30 HP skill in that case. All my other classes are lower than 30 so it's going to take a while to grind them all up  :cry: .

We were given a few for free way back when, and I think there was another present spell for some. With stuff like that SE really doesn't discriminate, I mean, I got 2 free worker guild change tickets and I've never picked a worker guild yet.

I'd suggest reskilling into your passive, but reaching lv58 means you can hire higher level support, so definitely do that if it keeps you motivated.

Didn't get much done yesterday with the maintenance and all, but I did finish up buying a Genbu set that will last me quite a while. It may seem a bit redundant buying another set for my Martial Artist, but considering that I didn't buy it for that class and it's just a coincidence that it can equip it too. I plan on playing Battle Master, Monster Tamer and Item Master to the cap because they're extremely fun to play. Battle Master for having insane damage, Monster Tamer for their ability to summon enemy back up, and Item Master for their ability to turn items into AoE effects and double their effects (Magic Water that heals 80~90 MP to everyone? You better believe that is a thing! Cuz it is, ditto to Yggdrasil Leaves reviving everyone.  :P ) 

Of course when I say I finished buying the set, I did, but I haven't finished with using the Dress Up feature to make it look awesome. That'll run me another 700k or so (compared to buying those equips with the same effects that would cost me millions), and I'm not in much of a hurry because the Genbu set actually looks great on its own.

Also pretty much decided that regardless of what level I get my Priest to by Saturday that I'll be finishing the 2.0 story. 5 weeks of grinding with minor breaks is really getting to me. lol

edit:

btw, for any of you looking for cooking with decent amount of EXP gain at a reasonable price:

アクロãƒãƒ¼ã‚¬ãƒ¼ (1 star, 20% gain): 14~15k - 2.8~3k per use

スタースイーツ (1 star, 20% gain): 15~16k - 3~3.2k per use

ãƒãƒ©ãƒ³ã‚¹ãƒ‘スタ (1 star, 20% gain): 15~17k - 3~3.4k per use

ã‚ã„ã˜ã‚‡ã†ã‚ªãƒ ãƒ¬ãƒ„ (1 star, 20% gain): 14k~16k 2.8~3.2k per use

Prices of course are subject to change since these are in the bazaar, but these on average seem to provide the best returns for your gold. 2 starred ones of these (30% EXP) have dropped a fair bit, but they're still about double the gold for what essentially would be about 8~9k EXP more.

Edited by krw703

So after much fumbling I got the first 2 parts of that quest I was stumped on done. Fought that boss and another and finished the Mel Sandy story. Then I did the last boss of Seredo story too. That makes 2 of 3 cities done. Not a bad morning if I do say so myself. Those bosses were a bit infuriating though :(

I decided to give the alternative way to Bazaks training a try yesterday and pretty much have nothing bad to say about it. Since I was on Priest, I figured I'd need a Magic Knight and two Warriors, so I hired Mimas and started what I thought would be an agonizing search for two lv80 Warriors with about ~480 HP, ~180 MP, ~470 Attack, ~10% no MP usage, equipped with Apollo's Axe and 100 SP in Axes. Found two meeting that description in about 2 minutes, compared to finding lv60~67 Mages with the stats needed for training here... which sometimes could go above 30 minutes of searching.

137705474_zps8f74f69a.jpg

Basically, the Warriors spam Axes of Evil, it does absurd amounts of damage and even more absurd amounts of damage with Oomph on. Unlike the Mage AI, the Warrior AI doesn't stand around looking at their shoes when they should be buffing themselves when you ambush enemies, they run straight in there and pretty much immediately start using attacks. Magic Knight's AI isn't half bad either when they aren't MP passing either, they almost always get Oomph up in mid attack and the animation on Axes of Evil is long enough that the effect goes through before the damage is calculated. However, some battles will take a bit longer if anyone besides the Magic Knight has below 50% MP, the AI prioritizes passing MP over buffing and that's when it starts passing MP. You may want to use a few small magic bottles between battles to heal your Warriors above 50% MP to prevent this but it isn't that big of a problem. 

The Magic Knight AI does tend to run away like Priest AI does and it is fairly common for the Bazaks to get separated if you aren't constantly placing yourself between them and the Magic Knight. However, unlike Mages, Axe Warriors laugh in the face of this situation, they simply switch to using Parallax, which costs less MP, does more damage and still has fast start up time and beat them up until they either kill one or they move close enough together.

Warriors also have their extremely beefed up special ability that not only does more damage than before but also hits every enemy in short range around them. I know people say it only hits a straight line in front of you, but I've seen the AI clearly hit a Bazaks behind them. Since this attack is based on your unbuffed Attack stat it does the same damage before and after Oomph, so getting it at the start of a battle is a blessing, at ~470 Attack it deals ~950 damage to these guys.

The EXP itself is about equal to using 3 Mages, of course this is keeping in mind the EXP penalty for the party level average being way above my level and the less bonus EXP due to lv80 Warriors being closer to the enemy's level. The EXP would be much higher if I was in my 70s.

Got from 63 to 65 without using genkidamas last night. The higher HP count and defense of Warriors made it so much more relaxing to grind rather than having to watch battles like a hawk to make sure my mages didn't die. If you have a class at the level cap to be able to hire lv80 Warriors and are currently playing a healing/buffing class you should give it a try!

Edited by krw703

When I did my FFXIV marathon, I received 2 Baramos boss cards from Mina. I got a third card some time ago, but it expired due to my lack of strength. No idea why I never get some average boss cards... XD However, I hope to get much stronger before those cards expire and will give it a try this time. If anyone here wants to join me on that suicide mission, feel free to let me know ^^.

While I didn't manage to get even a single statue of the Valentine's Day special, I got all I wanted from the White Day event:

(Yeah, for some reason I went for only the smallest people of Astoltia XD.)

twt398qy.jpg

Here's the main part of my FF collection (Additionally I got all the hats and the remaining gesture as well as a second Chocobo, Cactaur and Mogry.):

irqzvzif.jpg

So the three big goals I have right now, story wise, are finish 2.1 story and record it, collect stamps from all the continents for the rura stone reward and start and finish the super boss side quest. I'm not sure how to even start the last. I almost finished the elf continent for stamps, and I'm 3 quests away from finishing the last city for 2.1 and then I'll just have the last leg in the castle.

So the three big goals I have right now, story wise, are finish 2.1 story and record it, collect stamps from all the continents for the rura stone reward and start and finish the super boss side quest. I'm not sure how to even start the last. I almost finished the elf continent for stamps, and I'm 3 quests away from finishing the last city for 2.1 and then I'll just have the last leg in the castle.

http://xn--10-yg4a1a3kyh.jp/dq10_chart_z4.html

You can start the questline after obtaining all 10 Key Emblems. I'm sure you've been to the map before, since we did a gate quest there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they also give us a free item form reseting all of our skill points (the one that costs 30000G) when they gave us the item that lets us change jobs?  I could have sworn they did, but I can't find it anywhere.  I know I didn't use it and I'm pretty sure I would have put it in my chest at home...

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they also give us a free item form reseting all of our skill points (the one that costs 30000G) when they gave us the item that lets us change jobs?  I could have sworn they did, but I can't find it anywhere.  I know I didn't use it and I'm pretty sure I would have put it in my chest at home...

I'm almost certain that we've only ever received skill resets for 1 tree because the full SP reset didn't exist until recently. You might be thinking of the tickets we got to allow us to change worker guilds (to allow people to try cooking, or another profession without being forced to a make sub character)

My goodness, this weekend, I'm so glad I am taking a break from grinding because it is a lot more fun to run the story content. Started off by finally exchanging my coin tickets to get 5000 coins total for a ruura stone, having 5 that I can use at a time makes things much easier (I don't have the one for 360 days yet). Then it was off to the pyramid to to get a few rooms done. Brought an Axe Warrior with me, and he basically destroyed the first 4 rooms on his own... I just cannot believe how much one update did for them. Gave me a chance to play Priest and get some EXP while going through it.

After a short intermission, I decided to do some of the 2.0 content to get closer to the end and right before I was about to challenge the boss dormando logged in and Cran shortly after. Mimas was already on so I knew exactly what was coming up. It was finally time for me to take a crack at this super boss that requires 2 parties. After dispatching countless enemies, or rather literally shunning half of them away, it was time to take him on...

138211319_zpsaed53b4f.jpg

We had a very, very rough start for this. In what has become a tradition, the boss ran up to me and 1 shotted me as a greeting. Happens with every single boss. It's FATE I tells ya! :P  At one point only 2 of us were alive, but we managed to pull ourselves together, get a nice wall up and defeated him in about 12 minutes! I really did like Kamiyo on Item Master too. If I had needed any more convincing about how awesome that class is in boss fights this would've been it. Area of effect Magic Waters that healed us for 80~90MP... soooo good!

After that I finished up the story boss I was on, helped Cranberry with a quest I needed to do and logged off and passed out (it was 2am here :thumbsup: )

Which brings me to today, after 2 hours of failing to hire another Axe Warrior and regretting not hiring them for 48 hours I finally picked one up and it was time to clear the next set of quests up til I could challenge the second part of the boss above. Took about 90 minutes, nothing special, the quests are nice and short compared to everything you have to go through for the first part so I caught up quickly. Since I didn't want to grind, it was time for the marathon of all marathons... time to finish the 2.0 story today!!

After a bunch of story I was about to enter the cave to head into the other section of Granzedora Castle... then my internet got wonky and I had to logoff (spiking all over the place, almost died to a battle, the works). Took a break for an hour and was back to the story which almost immediately brought me to a monochrome area where your AI companions cannot follow you. Which means, solo boss!

138464585_zpscfed254d.jpg

Thought that Priest would be bad for this but even with my Wand I was hitting it for 80 damage a strike. Since I'd recover MP for each strike, it only made it a matter of time until I'd be victorious. After I got the timing down to dodge his skill/magic sealing skill, I'd run back switch to my spear, run in and poke him for 400 damage a hit (x2 damage while he recovers from that). Quickly dealt 1600 damage to him and that was that. After returning to the castle, and a few very direct taunts from the main villains, it was time to finally head to the final dungeon of 2.0... but not before one very important stop...

138468218_zpsfa6303b6.jpg

The destruction, the carnage, and a place I haven't been to in literally 730 hours of playtime. That's right, the final dungeon is at the very, VERY beginning. I head through Etene Village, and through both set of plains (which have the same enemies as they did in offline mode), create a Ruura stone at the convenient Golem Priest near the cave and at that time I team up with Cran to finally tackle the final dungeon of 2.0!

After a few trips to the Inn and my laptop randomly freezing in the middle causing me to disconnect (whyyy? It hasn't done this in weeks?! Whyyy now!) we reach the very center of the dungeon. Final boss go! I won't o into much detail since it's a fairly difficult fight, but definitely bring some sort of protection against electric if you're doing this with AI (Venus Tear is a lifesaver).

138476180_zpsda06cb07.jpg

After the battle, we got a rather short ending cutscene, but I can forgive it being a bit less awesome than the 1.0 ending since the BGM is what plays in DQ7 in the Dejan Camp. With the final boss of 2.0 defeated, I now have access to the 2.1 content! Didn't really take all that long to do... guess it'll be back to the grind quicker than I thought at this rate. :evillaugh:

Edited by krw703

With help from Krw I beat the sweet troll and 1 step away from finishing my stamp card for the elf continent. Also, I have things set up so I can record. I think I'll record the item master quests and see how that goes.

In that chaos know as the area near the station of Glen Server 1, you see people saying 出)超玉 自殺6.  The number varies though.  Anyone know what the 自殺#is supposed to be about?

Edited by Sai

That is for laybrinth runs with metal coins. 自殺 coins are used to commit suicide to reduce the time needed for the run. Coins could be the recent FF bosses, or V-Ron or the like.

Been going through the 2.1 content, doing exploring to grab as many stat seeds as possible without fighting any of the trial bosses and did 2 of the 3 town quest lines. I did come across one boss that everyone should be aware of... it is literally the most gimmicky boss in the game. It is a story boss not a trial, and is the boss of the last quest in the Arahagiro Kingdom (the one near the pyramid).

138757736_zps768f924d.jpg

100% trip guard (転ã³ã‚¬ãƒ¼ãƒ‰) is pretty much required for this boss. There are 3 of them, and they spam, I repeat SPAM a 'trap' move called Grave Hole which if you step on it (and believe me the AI WILL step on it constantly) it inflicts damage and has a chance to trip you. Also, if you step on it they almost immediately set up another one, so when I say spam I really, really, REALLY mean SPAM. If you get knocked down the bosses will gang up on you with a skill that does 2.5x damage to anything knocked down. Considering how many times you're going to be hit by the holes, it is very, very common to be completely stunlocked and killed by them.

Of course, I had 2 priests and all of my boots have 100% trip guard (because it's cheap to purchase) but the Axe Warrior I had hired as the sole damage dealer did not. Spent several minutes on his rear during the fight... I almost got tired of healing him and wanted to let him die so he could stand up quicker.

~ 15 minutes 30 seconds was how long the fight lasted and I had to switch to spear to help deal damage. For the sake of your sanity make sure you have some way to avoid tripping!

That is for laybrinth runs with metal coins. 自殺 coins are used to commit suicide to reduce the time needed for the run. Coins could be the recent FF bosses, or V-Ron or the like.

Aaah. I see.  Think I'll give it a try since I got 20 of the things.

Decided to leave story content for the weekend so I gave the 2.1 Bazaks spot a try today.

139136828_zps7c7ac605.jpg

I am just amazed at how great this spot is. Even if they only spawned in groups of 2 it would still be much better than the previous one. There are tons of them, they are confined to a very small area of the map, and like with the previous spot the ruura stone point is very close to them making it easy to inn and come back. Levelled from 68 with about 30k to the next level to 70 in about 75 minutes without using a genki or cooking (including breaks, buying and reselling, etc.).

The DQ5 battle music being awesome also helps make any kind of training in 2.1 even more fun. :thumbsup:

Decided to leave story content for the weekend so I gave the 2.1 Bazaks spot a try today.

139136828_zps7c7ac605.jpg

I am just amazed at how great this spot is. Even if they only spawned in groups of 2 it would still be much better than the previous one. There are tons of them, they are confined to a very small area of the map, and like with the previous spot the ruura stone point is very close to them making it easy to inn and come back. Levelled from 68 with about 30k to the next level to 70 in about 75 minutes without using a genki or cooking (including breaks, buying and reselling, etc.).

The DQ5 battle music being awesome also helps make any kind of training in 2.1 even more fun. :thumbsup:

Where is this spot...?

Then again it may not work out so well for me since none of the character I want to level up can use axes, heal, or cast Baiki (Omph was it?)

Edited by Sai

真ã®ãƒ¯ãƒ«ãƒ‰æ°´æº

It's the map east of the first 2.0 town. The spot itself is north east of the rest area near the top of the map. And don't get me wrong, this spot works with the classic mage setup too (wouldn't recommend lv67 Mages), I just find training with Axe Warriors to be much easier.

Edited by krw703

I tried a genki last night and got around 60k on my 45 item master. Not too bad using the warrior setup. I just cast kabuff boosting everyone's defense then breath protection on myself and then the knockdown yell.

Just unlocked the Item Master's secret move a little while ago. It's a Magic Circle that doubles attack and magic damage of anyone standing in it, plus massively boosts critical hit and spell berserk rates. Lasts for 60 seconds. The animation for it is pretty fancy, too.

Gotta say, this class is ridiculously fun to play as. Solo hunting octopus in that True Lendashia area where they appear in groups of 4 is ridiculously fast too, not even level 50 and I'm getting 100k~150k experience from one genkidama plus some low level 2-star cooking.

So I finally started the super boss quest chain the other day. I also finished another continent's stamp card. That just leaves pukuripo, dwarf, weddie and rendisha left to finish. I am at the last boss for 2.1 to finish the new continent's stamp card. That fight definitely needs a player paladin or priest to do. The boss also hits like a truck. Also, I got my first 80 as a Mage a few days ago. I keep forgetting to mention that. I'm now working on getting the magic knight up to 80. Hit 76 a bit ago.

Edit: after quite a few attempts I was able to beat 2.1's final boss with Sai's help. That boss is definitely something else.
2YSTsS9.jpg

Edited by Ashes

Beat the Seredo Strong Mode boss (the one that turns your party into goatmen) for the first time today with a friend and 2 AIs... with me as a Level 52 Item Master. Put him and one of his lackeys to sleep while the AI Martial Artist killed the other lackey, kept the big boss asleep while he killed the second lackey, and from there just kept hitting the big boss with the hammer skill Cancel Shot to freeze him in his tracks and prevent the little guys from reviving.
Along the way I tossed out a few magic waters, 70 MP to the whole party. Coup de Grace activated about 3 times turning the Martial Artist into an unstoppable death machine.

SQ3qtYT.jpg

This class is downright terrifying, and I'm going to main it from now on.

Edited by Merry