Sign in to follow this  
zanchan

Gameplay journal

Cranberry you fiend! This is too spooky for my little baby heart to handle. 

That is very cool, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

The following does have some spoilers from the Christmas event, but I will show you this one! 

i9fnYUk.jpg

I wish I was the gift box....

DYj4uyC.jpg

Even our villains get presents though and that makes her.... HAPPY!

w8bNBo3.jpg

I'll be home for Christmas~~~~!

eUMZRJy.jpg

The following does have some spoilers from the Christmas event, but I will show you this one! 

i9fnYUk.jpg

I wish I was the gift box....

DYj4uyC.jpg

Even our villains get presents though and that makes her.... HAPPY!

w8bNBo3.jpg

I'll be home for Christmas~~~~!

eUMZRJy.jpg

Evil Ann-Luica having a present is one of the most heartwarming moments in gaming that can prove even Madesagora's second most known underling doesn't have to be on Santa's naughty list for coal  :)

Been a while since anyone's used this thread, huh?

Cran and I finished the V3 story over the weekend.

A lot more dialogue heavy than content heavy, but that's fine. We had a (as Cran put it :) ) Megaman-esque round of rematches with the end boss robots from each V3 chapter, a new dungeon, and a final boss castle area.

The end boss has 2 forms, and the second one shifts between phases based on the 5 continents of V3 as the fight progresses. We died 2 or so times to his water phase, where he spammed an AOE move, but the fights were pretty manageable for us otherwise.

2 new quests open up upon beating the game, and one of them is pretty neat, so I won't spoil it. (^-^)

Been a while since anyone's used this thread, huh?

Cran and I finished the V3 story over the weekend.

A lot more dialogue heavy than content heavy, but that's fine. We had a (as Cran put it :) ) Megaman-esque round of rematches with the end boss robots from each V3 chapter, a new dungeon, and a final boss castle area.

The end boss has 2 forms, and the second one shifts between phases based on the 5 continents of V3 as the fight progresses. We died 2 or so times to his water phase, where he spammed an AOE move, but the fights were pretty manageable for us otherwise.

2 new quests open up upon beating the game, and one of them is pretty neat, so I won't spoil it. (^-^)

And our new friend Naldga had those shadowy hands to transform, as well as rallying Madesagora's army after their master's death with some more classics, and a couple of new monsters (Kaiser Dragon, Nessicure, Kubina family, and Abblauncher and Megaton Champ to name just a few ;) Also, I'm pretty sure Ann-Luicina's cat will have something to do with Version 4, the final chapter of X and one more crisis is waiting to happen for Asotilla.

Edited by winky55

Summer event has been going on since the 12th and ends on 25th

Edited by Yawara

FYI, the lag for us VPN users is pretty noticeable in this one...  in my experience, I needed to make sure I didn't walk into the blast zone of the enemies a few seconds before they fired or I'd still get hit.  I managed to pull off a score of 161600 and got my Dolboard skin, but I don't think I'm gonna bother trying to break the 170k for the 30 fukubiki tickets.

FYI, the lag for us VPN users is pretty noticeable in this one...  in my experience, I needed to make sure I didn't walk into the blast zone of the enemies a few seconds before they fired or I'd still get hit.  I managed to pull off a score of 161600 and got my Dolboard skin, but I don't think I'm gonna bother trying to break the 170k for the 30 fukubiki tickets.

I use VPN(AWS) as well and I don't see that much lag "in this event". 

How hard is the event? Did you have to try multiple times to get the grilled squid dolboard?

I use VPN(AWS) as well and I don't see that much lag "in this event". 

Really?  Must be nice...lol.  I'm on a paid VPN, and was stuck with the large lag each time I played it. :(

@Avenger:  Each type of enemy will always attack in the same way (circle around them, straight line, plus shape), and will show up as a shadow before they even show up on the map, so you have a lot to work with as far as planning your movements go.  There are inner tube items n the stages that other players can grab to revive fallen players.  You also unlock 3 different inner tube-type accessories you can equip before you play for a bonus effect (I never tried the tire, but the heart one gives you an auto-revive the first time you fall in the water, and the shark gives you occasional movement speed buffs).

There are two different types of ranking for rewards; high score and cumulative score, so if you want both Dolboard skins, you'll need to get a high score of at least 130k and a cumulative score of at least 1 million.

Got the game re-installed and finally able to follow a guide for the Dwarf storyline. Just hit lvl 7. Hoping to catch up to you guys soon.

Here is my pic from the final story boss of version 3.

XdmdT21.jpg

Here is my pic from the final story boss of version 3.

XdmdT21.jpg

That's one weird looking dragon. I read in one of the latest release notes that the final bosses now follow the difficulty setting. I guess a month is about up. So I'll probably give them a shot soon with AI support characters.

Zoma Battle until 2018/2/14

This time you won't have to repeat it to get all of the event items.

One of my favorite characters so far:

I couldn't help but think of Sojiro from Persona 5

Edited by Magechaos

The final chapter of Asfeld Academy was released 

and the final boss was not what I expected

FckvDXg.png

I just started playing yesterday, and I'm already having a blast.  I'm chronicling my playthrough on my gaming blog here -- http://merph.net/blog/?tag=dragon-quest-x

Pasting it all in a post here seems a bit excessive, but if you guys would rather me do that than provide links, I can do that!  I'm hoping to meet up with you all if/when I'm accepted into the guild/team/whatever you call it in this game.

Cheers,

merph

While tempting, I decided not to use DD Team member companions for story progression.  You guys are too strong!  Everything just gets decimated.  I'm going to continue using randoms from the Tavern, within the normal level restriction.

...but... I have no qualms about using DD Team members to grind alts!  And that's what I did for a while yesterday.  I found a spot with highest level monsters I've seen so far, just north of Jurette, in some cave.  About a half hour was spent per job, and now I've got all of my 7 unlocked jobs over level 31.  Between the high level monsters, my slime hat and some exp consumables, the exp was crazy there.

da6cb726df575bf5cc6ed5bd399d7270.png

Edited by merph518