Sign in to follow this  
zanchan

Gameplay journal

Returned to the game this week and finally hit lv40 Paladin. I'm sure I'm miles behind everyone else but I'm determined to actually start getting things done.. Like getting some key emblems.. (Shameful face)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ãŠå¸°ã‚Šãªã•ã„!

Other than material runs, I didn't do much for like 3 days this week... really needed that break, the gem hunting, the constant struggle to get some of my accessories done, and most importantly working out the pyramid started taking its toll and hit me like a ton of bricks.

Yesterday, I decided to get back into the gem hunt by trying to knock another light gem off my list. Had a bit of trouble actually getting the enemy to drop a light gem and wasn't looking too forward to the reveal.

ドルマ系呪文ã®æ¥µæ„: Increases damage of Zam spells by 1% (5%)

2 space vertical

Guess I'm finally at the same in-pass with light gems as I was with dark gems. I absolutely need a 2 space version of this particular gem in order to place an 8th gem. Then the horrors of hunting this particular gem started rushing back...

ヒャド系呪文ã®æ¥µæ„: Increases damage of Crack spells 1% (5%)

Possible targets

セルゲイナス: Desperate attack spam happy, annoying to fight. 

クイーンスライム: Super easy to defeat... but only 1 symbol available on maps where they spawn. They will respawn before you finish defeating 12... then some other player shows up to try to force you out of your spot.

アンクルホーン or ã‚°ãƒ¬ã‚¤ãƒˆãƒžãƒ¼ãƒžãƒ³: Only spawn on maps where you cannot flee from battles. Cannot use Tamer's skill to call more of them because of this.

Guess I will need to pick my poison. I mean it's not like the Tortured Souls I fought for the Zam spell gem were much better, nor were the Crimson Graves for the Frizz/Sizz gem. But really... I've already done several days and several hours each day at these guys only for a truckload of 3 space gems. 

Just... one... last... annoying... gem... must get it over with...

Other than material runs, I didn't do much for like 3 days this week... really needed that break, the gem hunting, the constant struggle to get some of my accessories done, and most importantly working out the pyramid started taking its toll and hit me like a ton of bricks.

Yesterday, I decided to get back into the gem hunt by trying to knock another light gem off my list. Had a bit of trouble actually getting the enemy to drop a light gem and wasn't looking too forward to the reveal.

ドルマ系呪文ã®æ¥µæ„: Increases damage of Zam spells by 1% (5%)

2 space vertical

Guess I'm finally at the same in-pass with light gems as I was with dark gems. I absolutely need a 2 space version of this particular gem in order to place an 8th gem. Then the horrors of hunting this particular gem started rushing back...

ヒャド系呪文ã®æ¥µæ„: Increases damage of Crack spells 1% (5%)

Possible targets

セルゲイナス: Desperate attack spam happy, annoying to fight. 

クイーンスライム: Super easy to defeat... but only 1 symbol available on maps where they spawn. They will respawn before you finish defeating 12... then some other player shows up to try to force you out of your spot.

アンクルホーン or ã‚°ãƒ¬ã‚¤ãƒˆãƒžãƒ¼ãƒžãƒ³: Only spawn on maps where you cannot flee from battles. Cannot use Tamer's skill to call more of them because of this.

Guess I will need to pick my poison. I mean it's not like the Tortured Souls I fought for the Zam spell gem were much better, nor were the Crimson Graves for the Frizz/Sizz gem. But really... I've already done several days and several hours each day at these guys only for a truckload of 3 space gems. 

Just... one... last... annoying... gem... must get it over with...

I wouldn't mind joining you when you hunt for the ヒャド系 gem.

As a side question, what is that clock buff that I've seen on your character now and then at the start of a battle?

Cran, what is that?

Anyway, as I stated a few posts back - I've returned to the game, in earnest!

I played with Matt, Tenko and Cranberry the other night - thanks a lot guys for inviting me and for such a lovely warm welcome!

Tenko even helped me with the lv50 level cap quest - thanks a lot!

When he left, I went and used a load of my metal slime dungeon tickets and capped out again immediately lol

Anyone have any time to help me with the level 55 cap quest? I gave it a punt but I was getting beat up pretty bad with rental party members from the inn.

Basically, my current state of play is poor:

I have no do-re board, I have no key emblems, I have only level 10 fame, I have about 200k gold, a small house, poor amounts of inventory and I capped out Paladin.

Any suggestions as to how I should progress and what I should prioritise?

I want Paladin to be my main job looking forward but I really need some reminders/primer on how the skill system works in this game: i.e how do I tell which skills when unlocked share with what jobs etc?

A wonderful game - it has it's hooks in me again - and I had a great time the other night with everyone from the site - I'd love to play with you guys again :) Thanks :)

Hey RagingAvatar I don't have time to answer all your questions right now but I can play with you to help you out and do level caps stuff.  I also have an episode of DQX Tutorial on YouTube that shows you how to raise the level cap.  Feel free to check it out.

Let me know when I can meet up with you.

As a side question, what is that clock buff that I've seen on your character now and then at the start of a battle?

始ã¾ã‚Šã®ãƒãƒ£ãƒ¼ã‚¸ã‚¿ã‚¤ãƒ çŸ­ç¸®

Water gem that has a 10% chance to lower charge times by 10 at the start of battle. It's just a placeholder while I work on my water gems. All of the "at the start of a battle" effects sound good on paper, but they're random so you can't rely on them. Much rather have gems that can activate multiple times in common situations throughout battles.

Current board setup.

fa82585489a81dda86b21a8a5a6053c9e4fe07d.

Board-by-board critique

Water: Making extra "paths" with only 1 space is bad. Those boards at the bottom left and right make it impossible for you to be able to place 5 gems. Water isn't terribly important anyway, so no need to work on this first.

Light: Those 2x2 squares were placed in the wrong spots (top right should be top-left, bottom right should be top right) and since you can't move them after you place them you might as well leave them there for now. The bottom left board is still the default one, replace it with the first board you have in reserve. As for the 2x2 board you have in reserve just hold onto it for now, it could go into the top right but it won't add any other options with the state the rest of the board is in.

Wind: While you can only place 4 gems in this setup, wind isn't a high traffic element. In my opinion as long as you can place å‹ã¡ã©ãMP回復 (+5 MP for each enemy defeated), 打ãŸã‚Œå人 (damage taken = damage - 10, if 0 is always 0) then you really don't need to worry about anything else. Just don't... don't place ç¦æ–­ã®ãŠã‚‚ã•ã‚¢ãƒƒãƒ— again. -10% move speed for 5 weight... and gem weight isn't included in heavy charge. It... blows.

Dark: I assume you haven't done much here yet. You'll want to fix this board up first.

Fire: This setup is fine. You can place 5 gems.

This weekend was fun, my first stop was to finally clear the last strong boss available currently. As usual, I was aiming for an AI only clear so I could add it to my list. :P

267166630_zpsvu2vidzy.jpg

Strong Gretzel with AI is very interesting to say the least... Unfortunately you can't rely on the AI to be attackers due to the monsters littering the top floor, the priest ai is pretty bad to rely on too. You basically just need to hope that your priests don't get ganked while you clear out the first side of the top floor. That way the ai will have space to run away from the other enemies.

A few minutes after the battle starts, the cauldron in the middle starts to spew out multiple enemies every 20 seconds or so. These enemies just love to explode and instakill everything in sight so you either need to kill them quickly or make sure to hire AI with instadeath immunity and equip yourself with 100% instadeath guard gear.

After you reduce the cauldron to half HP it spawns Heartboiled.

After you reduce Strong Gretzel's HP enough she uses a skill called Mirage Body to split into 3 leaving you with 1 Strong Gretzel and 2 Gretzels to fight. Sort of like Dhoulmagus with his split skill in DQ8.

This battle is simply about managing the various mobs that can show up, and not activating everything at once. 100% instadeath and 100% dance guard is recommended for everyone.

After this, I asked Cran about running something that I really wanted to try out considering all of the updates. Basically I wanted to confirm one thing: Just how easy is defeating the original super boss with two parties with mostly ai? And oh dear god, without getting into many details since Cran recorded the whole thing and you can just watch it for yourself on her youtube channel. Poor superboss... he didn't stand a chance :cry2:

Naturally this is great news for anyone in the team who haven't cleared it yet. We did both parts of the superboss so we confirmed that it is very easy to get you that special beginner town ruura stone nowadays. It's also really easy to run daily for 10 minimedals and 10 lotto tickets. I may start adding this to my weekend so I can work on more of the minimedal only accessories.

268585146_zps0offcmwb.jpg

We found the "Big Key" in the Mystery Tower twice. Okay, okay... it's not the big key. I mean, right? Big Keys open the boss door! Not a big treasure chest before the boss! For those who haven't gotten this before, the chest has a few pieces of high end equipment, a shinpi card, another accessory and a magic water. These equips usually have a lot of good effects on them to make the tower easier.

268763063_zpsvcy2vkms.jpg

The summer event is back and since I had the day off today, I figured I would finish it up before maint.

Part 1: 2014's fishing event. It's the exact same as last year, except the prizes are different. Wrtsuits are not the 1st place prize this time but if you missed them you can buy the red (male)/white (female) wetsuit gear from the shop at the beach. The 2nd place prize is pretty ugly, but both the grand prize and 1st place prizes look great. Unlike last year it only took me 7 tickets to get all 3 prizes!

Part 2: 2013's... swim event. You know, the one where you swim around for treasures, reveal them, get a magic water/herb instead of one of the 5 items you need... then repeat for like an hour or so until you finally get all of them? Who wanted that event back? I believe last time the treasures weren't instanced, so at least that is something. You don't need to worry about other players grabbing the treasure before you. It is still quite a pain to complete and even more annoying to help people in your party because if you manage to get all 5... it takes away the key item you need to get the treasures.

However, we do get a fancy sticker accessory. Considering the only other stickers are crysta-only this is quite a big deal. The quest is the exact same as 2013, so if you cleared it back then you will be on a replay. The replay reward includes the sticker, so don't worry about missing out on it.

I will be getting these items on my subchar as well, so if you need someone for fishing and swimming just ask me.

I still need to do that super boss, I believe I have all the quests leading up to it done.

Tonight was some kind of amazing night for me. Finally got around to doing 2 key emblems! For me that's a real milestone!

My Warrior job is now level 50 and Paladin is capped at 55 - fame is 11 and doing the daily monster field quests is really helping build fame.

This game is fantastic.

Tomorrow I need to buy new Paladin gear.

Last night, did quest 120 so can now reach level 60 :)

Really enjoying the daily monster/area quests to build fame.

Tonight was some kind of amazing night for me. Finally got around to doing 2 key emblems! For me that's a real milestone!

My Warrior job is now level 50 and Paladin is capped at 55 - fame is 11 and doing the daily monster field quests is really helping build fame.

This game is fantastic.

Tomorrow I need to buy new Paladin gear.

As a suggestion, only buy armor in increments of 20. The gear starts getting really expensive after 42 (because it's a lot harder to make). If you're buying gear every 5 or so levels, you'll be broke in no time.

ASdEclf.png

SERIOUSLY?! 30/30 2 times!

252 run............

Edited by kei

The summer event is back and since I had the day off today, I figured I would finish it up before maint.

I died four times getting to the beach, and when I finally got there he told me I had to go learn fishing. :lrsmile:

ASdEclf.png

SERIOUSLY?! 30/30 2 times!

252 run............

I take warmth in knowing that no matter how badly the RNG decides to mess with me on this accessory that at a maximum I will only need to do 30/30 twice. Can't say the same about my Battle Choker... too many fuses to count (like 75 or so) and not a single 5. Most of them before v3 so I only made it past 30/30 once. MA missing out on so much attack because of the RNG... smh.

Just wished you asked me to join in your mochiyori shenanigans. I had 4 3 Demons cards/coins left and the coins are so cheap right now. After I switched vpn servers I had no lag, or connection issues for the rest of the weekend too.

Guess I will finally need to start manning up and put myself on party finder.  :wd_coolslime:

Hope I don't get too many sucky randoms...  :(

I just want to give a shout-out to Cran for max-leveling her final class yesterday!  (Though I wasn't online to witness it...)

(^0^)/

(4 more and I join you!)

Edited by MKVarana
  • Upvote 1

I just want to give a shout-out to Cran for max-leveling her final class yesterday!  (Though I wasn't online to witness it...)

(^0^)/

(4 more and I join you!)

So...she has now maxed out ALL AVAILABLE CLASSES in the entire game?! O_o

Aye, I now have all available classes at the level cap now.  I'm not maxed out on stamps, so I still have some growing I can do.

Today, I ran 5 Evil Spirits with Krw,Mimas, and Matt.

I am happy with how it went.  Matt was a Magic Knight.  Mimas was a Priest.  Krw was a Martial Artist, and I was a Minstrel.

Over the weekend I purchased a level 80 dagger, which replaced the level 50 one I have been using till now.  Thank you Mimas for giving me that level 50 dagger so long ago, it got a lot of usage and saw us through quite a few bosses.  The level 80 one showed it's power well against the Hydra; the enemy most vulnerable to poison of the trio.

My ability to handle Baramous's jump attacks has improved greatly.  I was able to jump and avoid nearly all of his jump attacks during the battles.  I felt that my best showing was in our final battle, in which we didn't get off to a great start against the Hydra and the other enemies stated attacking before we were ready.

I was trying to put Baramous Bros.to sleep with Sleep Dagger, and it just was not working.  But, I was keeping him busy and on the other side of the room away from the other 3.  He seemed to be getting quite annoyed with my attempts to inflict status ailments and kept trying to quickly take me out with his jump attack.  His attack missed every time and he could not take me down; I continued to pester him with my dagger.  Meanwhile, Krw, Mimas, and Matt are engaging the skeleton, which is entirely focused on them.  They get everything back under control and while I am keeping Baramous Bros busy and pile on the damage to the skeleton.  I must have been 1 on 1 with Baramous Bros for at least a couple minutes while they are working on the skeleton.  The skeleton goes down, and now everyone comes to engage Baramous Bros.  He's no match for us without his buddies.  We finish him off for a great come from behind win after a rough start to the battle.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my gawd.

hyado2space_zpshhtdmdfo.png

It's over, it's over, it's over, over, over, over, over!!

Finally! Finally! FINALLY!!!

And for anyone who thinks I am being overdramatic.

hyaadoenemytotal_zpsahbmfy0u.png

That count was 0 when I started hunting this gem. Under 1k when I started hunting for a 2 space version.

If anything I'm being ridiculously underdramatic.

IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my gawd.

hyado2space_zpshhtdmdfo.png

It's over, it's over, it's over, over, over, over, over!!

Finally! Finally! FINALLY!!!

And for anyone who thinks I am being overdramatic.

hyaadoenemytotal_zpsahbmfy0u.png

That count was 0 when I started hunting this gem. Under 1k when I started hunting for a 2 space version.

If anything I'm being ridiculously underdramatic.

IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!

Is that dude a mutant or something?

See, I was about to login and start working on some gems because I can't sleep.  You know, something a little productive in-game.  Your post isn't helping, krw.  At all.  Congrats, though.

Let's hope I have Polan's fusion luck with farming.

See, I was about to login and start working on some gems because I can't sleep.  You know, something a little productive in-game.  Your post isn't helping, krw.  At all.  Congrats, though.

Let's hope I have Polan's fusion luck with farming.

I'm just a little overdramatic sometimes Phanny, pay it no mind. Does this help you?

fireboard_zpscroiqkd6.png

waterboard_zpskexok8fk.png

windboard_zpscwqhgfdh.png

darkboard_zpsiu67idub.png

Or does it make you want to hunt even more? I mean it's not like I had that kind of crazy trouble with most of my gems. About 4 dark gems I don't have placed right now, but are useful for other weapons I want to try out in the future were all immediate drop and 2 space. A few I have placed in light and dark were immediate 2 spaces too, and some were like the 2nd or 3rd but dropped fairly often.

The % spell damage up gems are just... absurdly rare. I'd highly recommended using gem perfume for those since they seem like a 1/200 (maybe 1/256?) drop. I got about 16 of them in total hunting those guys so I was just unlucky with all of the 3 space ones.

Still need to hunt Land Impact and maybe Plate Impact for Hammers, but it sure does feel good to have nearly everything gem-related basically wrapped up. Of course my boards aren't 4x4 squares, but don't need to rush those.

Ugh.  So much want.  So much to work on.

On the bright side, my TIger Claw hunt didn't go too badly.  ~500 Killer Panthers and ~60 of the... Yatsuzaki Animal(?) got me a three space one.  Since I only use Axes, Claws, and Sticks right now, my Dark board is a little bare, so I can work with it for a while.  Running out of usable space on my Wind one, though.  Need to get back to work on my medals (hello, Nokturnus).  Longer hunts also work on my Demon Tamer's stamps, so there's that as well.  12-24 per battle usually.

Also hit 85 on Warrior, so I can start progressing on my Fighter for Claw points.  Scratching through my way to 85 again.

Mimas and I had a girl's night out yesterday on DQX.  We fought Lamp Genies as I was searching for a wind magic gem.  One dropped and it had 2 spaces!  So I threw it onto my board, we went to some scarabs and... disappointment.  The gem made only the slightest of difference.  I immediately had concerns when I saw that a fully leveled gem only had a 5% value.  And it wasn't kidding.  The damage increase was barely noticeable and really not worth the gem cost.  I ended up just pulling it back off the board.  I didn't throw it away, maybe it'll get buffed later on or something.  But right now, it's really not worth it.

After that, we chatted for a lot longer than it seemed.  We mostly talked about my old baseball days, which are quite fond memories for me.  I played for a baseball league when I was younger.  Baseball, not softball.  I was one of about 3 women in the league.  And I have a lot of stories about my time in the league; some of my fondest memories despite the gender-related issues I faced on occasion.  I think we ended up chatting about it for several hours!

All in all it was a nice girl's night out.

• Upvote 3

Pyramid 9 decided to go all out RNG nonsense mode on me yesterday.

Attempt 1: Confuse hit by Pharaoh Garu... I completely forgot that was even a thing. Everything decides not to knock me out of confusion, roared down by Eleph but still alive. Healed up only to be attacked by 3 bosses at once... hooray.

Attempt 2: Classic Nibis. They spawn in the corner, AI runs up to them, can't find their way out of the corner. PYRAMID. Helma is not amused as she GSes all 3. So kind.

Victory:

Everything was smoooooth although it didn't seem like it should be. Kamen immediately revived... Nibis. Oh good lord. And as Kamen hit red HP... he summons... Nibis. WHA? AGAIN?!

Since Kamen was at death's door the AI ended up swarming him and taking him out first. And what happens afterward? PYRAMID! Managed to nail all 3 AI despite being in the middle of the room because Golem had been revived as well. My AI was not amused by this as one of the warriors got their coup de grace and used it right after they were free.

PUUUUUUUUNCH!

The enemies were defeated.

Nibis sure had that one coming.

Can't say much else about pyramid this week. Even with finally being able to clear every room my luck with ankhs have been lackluster at best. 5 fragments for 9 this week... I wonder why I even bother.