Sign in to follow this  
mdb510

DQIX Fashion

I was thinking about how when I played through IX I gave my characters the most powerful equipment, regardless of how silly they ended up looking. Which meant for half the game, my male characters looked like they were running around with no pants because they were wearing briefs ^^

I was just wondering if there are people like me who sacrificed looks for protection and has equally funny stories or if anyone has style savvy tips to look great without sacrificing higher stats. :D

For a while, I used those invisible pants, so imagine a monster being beaten by people with no pants. :laugh:

I tend to mix and match clothes to silly ends on and off.

I have Woolen in the Stellar Suit and Trodain Bandana at the moment for example.

Edited by Stepchan

Being the mildly dirty teen I was (and to an extent, am), I stopped buying new armor for my female members until Gittingham once I started getting stuff like the Knickers at Swinedimples and the bunny suit.

One of the guys we play multiplayer with uses the full white tuxedo gear against high level legacy bosses. It adds a bit of challenge, but it looks pretty awesome.

I like getting the armour from previous DQ Heroes and using that for my team.

I would actually sacrifice defense and other stats cause I didn't want my characters to look stupid. I also hate the helmets that cover up a character's full head. I mean, what's the point of designing what they look like if the best helmets cover them up anyway?

One playthrough my hero wore the Aliahan clothes basically from when the DQVC went active to the end of the game. It was terribly boring but he always had the best defense.

I would actually sacrifice defense and other stats cause I didn't want my characters to look stupid. I also hate the helmets that cover up a character's full head. I mean, what's the point of designing what they look like if the best helmets cover them up anyway?

This.

I also keep the basic Celestian equipment more than necessary, just because it looks cooler than the other equipment for a while.

The rest of the equipment become really quickly mismatched :I had some characters with big armour and light underwears for awhile, for example.

But this was really the first time I had a second thoughts before changing equipment.

Edited by Holy Slime Knight

I was just wondering if there are people like me who sacrificed looks for protection

actually, no

over here, its the other way around

not long ago i gained a princess dress  and it looks so cute

so im wearing that now even though my previous thingy was better for defence

I was just wondering if there are people like me who sacrificed looks for protection

actually, no

over here, its the other way around

not long ago i gained a princess dress and it looks so cute

so im wearing that now even though my previous thingy was better for defence

Actually, yes. I always went for the better defense, looks be damned. Sometimes it made me sad. Not dying though made me happy!

I don't wear armor that looks TOO stupid, but I try to keep defense in mind, as well.

I forced them to crossdress.

I'm sensing some kinky outfits here.

And thus the anger that fuels your rants was born. ;-)

Edited by Plattym3

Indeed.

I'm glad my team is now strong enough that I can dress them however I like, though I've definitely always been guilty of dressing my gladiator/warrior and sage/priest ladies on the skimpy side.

• Upvote 1