Sign in to follow this  
Democrobot

Contest #93-Design a Devastating Deity

After many a long battle, the Fab Five Heroes have defeated Corvus. However, one fygg had a bite taken out of it. Now, with the power of the fygg, Corvus shall be reborn. Royal Fool Democrobot announces:

Assist Corvus in recieving his new life form by creating a boss monster for an upcoming Dragon Quest game. Thou who creates the best monster shall recieve that monster as a private body guard for thy profile.Thou must seeketh to adhere strictly to the objective and rules, lest your submissions be stricken from the Imperial Scrolls of Honor:

Objective:

Create a monster that you would like to see as a Boss Battle monster for any upcoming DQ game. The image can be submitted in various forms, such as sprite, drawing, lego, clay, sculpture, ect.

Rules:

1) You may submit a maximum of two entries for this contest

2) Submissions must be sent to me via PM

3) You have until Monday, September 3, 2012, 12:00PM MST(Mountain Standard Time) to send me your submissions

4) Please submit your own original content only. You may not submit work that someone else has done.

5) BE ORIGINAL

Accepted submissions will be voted on by the Den community, so please do your best to keep your submissions anonymous. I will post all content to this thread as I receive it. The top three voted submissions will be crowned as our winners. If you have any questions, ask here or via PM.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Edit:

There seems to be some confusion, so just to clerify, you do NOT need to submit anything more than the image and the name.

Edited by Democrobot

Question is this supposed to be a new form of corvus or just a new boss?

Question is this supposed to be a new form of corvus or just a new boss?

A new boss for any upcoming DQ game. The part about Corvus was just to tie it in with the previous contest. All part of my trilogy of contests.

Ooh, contest trilogies, I like that concept, good work :thumbsup:

Ooh, contest trilogies, I like that concept, good work :thumbsup:

Thank you.

this is gonna be tough

So you send a picture you created along with a description or just a picture and name?

this is gonna be tough

It won't be that bad.

So you send a picture you created along with a description or just a picture and name?

No description needed. Just an image and the name of the monster. But remember, this is meant to be a boss monster.

Can this boss have multiple forms?

Can this boss have multiple forms?

That depends. Some bosses, such as Psaro in DQIV, has multiple forms that you fight in one battle. Others, such as Rhapthorne, have multiple forms, but they are fought seperately. If you fight them all at once, you can as long as you submit all forms. If you mean like how Rhapthorne is, then the forms will be counted as seperate monsters. So I guess it depends on if you fight all the forms at once or not.

This is gonna be fun!!!!

I'm gonna send 2 awesome monsters!!!

Can they be similar to already existing monsters??? As in like, ummm.... a giant slime monster? (I'm not giving anything away, I promise!)

This is gonna be fun!!!!

Can they be similar to already existing monsters??? As in like, ummm.... a giant slime monster? (I'm not giving anything away, I promise!)

As long as you have an original idea and not just a pallette swap.

CatSlime.pngdarkking.png

The two monsters above(I made the one on the left), are very similar, but different at the same time. You see, I took the right one, and edited it to look like a cat. As long as you make a change like that, they can be similar to existing monsters. A re-colouration, a-nota-allowed.

This is gonna be fun!!!!

CatSlime.pngdarkking.png

The two monsters above(I made the one on the left), are very similar, but different at the same time. You see, I took the right one, and edited it to look like a cat. As long as you make a change like that, they can be similar to existing monsters. A re-colouration, a-nota-allowed.

alright!! i get it!! can it contain parts of existing monters? sorry to be a pain

This is gonna be fun!!!!

CatSlime.pngdarkking.png

alright!! i get it!! can it contain parts of existing monters? sorry to be a pain

Just as long as it is not a pallette swap, then yes.

The First Submission:

Cetus Doombringer

f4201e49.jpg

Edited by Democrobot

very nice. could use some colour though

EDIT: Oops. Forgot I was supposed to send my submission through PM.

Overall, I hope to win this contest.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

I'll try to submit something before it ends. I'm not too good with art.

Can the submission be a story? >_> I really don't like the premise of this entire contest, because Corvus has already passed onto goodness with Serena.

I'll try to submit something before it ends. I'm not too good with art.

Can the submission be a story? >_> I really don't like the premise of this entire contest, because Corvus has already passed onto goodness with Serena.

Let me clear some things up. First of all, the Corvus part was just to tie it into the trilogy. Second of all, the point of the contest is to design a devastating deity, so no, I'm afraid you may not submit a story this time. If you want, you can have somebody else on the Den help you and then co-submit it with them.

And speaking of submissions:

Skeletal Dracanius

SkeletalDracanius.png

Another submission:

Duke of Fusion/Captain X/Great Dukegon of Fusion/Captain X-Devilgon

Form 1-Duke of Fusion/Captain X

Duke.png

Form 2-Great Dukegon of Fusion/Captain X-Devilgon

Form 2-Great Dukegon of Fusion/Captain X-DevilgonGreatDuke.png

Duke looks amazing, both times are very detailed.

Another submission:

Wrathos

HNI_0014.jpg

And another one:

The Muerte Marauder

dddabc.jpg

that looks awesome!

that looks awesome!

I'll say. I just may have to use a vote on it. But, alas, the contest is still young and submissions may even be a-plenty. Who knows at this point?

Sign in to follow this