Sign in to follow this  
Saigan

Boss Battle: Swordmaster Oren

Mimas, Gloomy, myself, and a Japanese player by the name of Yuu tackled this guy tonight! I left the journey in, but if you are just insterested in the fight itself skip to 12:26.

http://youtu.be/plJAoLWYC-c

Man, maybe I should have picked a stronger class/race combo. At level 18, my Weddie thief is still only doing 20ish damage against most baddies. Your Ogre Warriors are badass...

Man, maybe I should have picked a stronger class/race combo. At level 18, my Weddie thief is still only doing 20ish damage against most baddies. Your Ogre Warriors are badass...

We were spamming Fire Slash most of the fight which tends to do double our base attack. Hang in there- our Thief Yuu was beating us both.

Awesome stuff, yo. I saw him drop a chest near the end. Anything good, or was it something plot-specific? Like that grail?

Awesome stuff, yo. I saw him drop a chest near the end. Anything good, or was it something plot-specific? Like that grail?

The grail was one of those story related items that just goes straight to your inventory. I think the chest had an expensive crafting material in it but I can't remember and I stupidly cut the recording short.

I told you not to hit monsters so that you would avoid the Skelegon (AKA "Bone Dragon") since its a killer, but we could have taken on anything else along the way. Didn't want to waste MP either though, so it was just easier to say what I did.

And since there seems to be some confusion, the reason you hit so hard is I had upped your attack. II upped Saigan first, so you can see "Hita" hitting less off at first before I up his attack in the video. That should give you a better idea of the attack power.

"Haters Gonna Hate" opportunity at 10:33.

• Upvote 1

I told you not to hit monsters so that you would avoid the Skelegon (AKA "Bone Dragon") since its a killer, but we could have taken on anything else along the way. Didn't want to waste MP either though, so it was just easier to say what I did.

And since there seems to be some confusion, the reason you hit so hard is I had upped your attack. II upped Saigan first, so you can see "Hita" hitting less off at first before I up his attack in the video. That should give you a better idea of the attack power.

Those rhinos aren't too friendly either- but yeah I got wiped out by a Bone Dragon the other day lol. He was a beast. Thanks for the attack boost ;) What level would you say is appropriated for a party to tackle this?

Done:

haters-gonna-hate.gif

woww amazing stuffs guys,, that boss is really having hard time,,

Saigan, just what kind of device you used in that video that you two can voice together even in different places??

Those rhinos aren't too friendly either- but yeah I got wiped out by a Bone Dragon the other day lol. He was a beast. Thanks for the attack boost ;) What level would you say is appropriated for a party to tackle this?

You could have managed it at the level you were at. Upper teens is good enough with a well balanced party.

Done:

<Image>

Please explain. I'm not all that familiar with the saying.

Done:

<Image>

Please explain. I'm not all that familiar with the saying.

I've seen it before, but don't really get it myself. Generally it's an image / animation of something running or walking or just plodding along in some fashion with 'HATERS GONNA HATE' tacked on. Examples I can think of include an animation of Dissidia Sephiroth with Kefka's running animation, a lizard just sort of going by step by step, and added to Yoshi's still image on Dwaine's shrine section for Fortune Street.

I think it's basically just another meme or somethin', yo. Sorry for just adding what's basically my own musing instead of an actual answer :P

woww amazing stuffs guys,, that boss is really having hard time,,

Saigan, just what kind of device you used in that video that you two can voice together even in different places??

We were using Skype for voice chat while playing.

The simplest answer to what "Haters Gonna Hate" would be a cocky or proud strut. There are variations on that, but generally what I see when referring to the meme.

Mother2-Hatersgonnahate.jpg

Watching this is making me want to play it.

Looks like I'm see my favorite weapon in the game too.

The simplest answer to what "Haters Gonna Hate" would be a cocky or proud strut. There are variations on that, but generally what I see when referring to the meme.

Mother2-Hatersgonnahate.jpg

Paula isn't a redhead.

I thought haters gonna hate meme is when there's someone that going ragequits (look the skeletons there) but I kinda get the point,,

Anyway saigan, is that an early bosses or a kind of mid-story boss? (Looking the damage, it looks like a first 5 boss) or your party is simply overpowered?

I thought haters gonna hate meme is when there's someone that going ragequits (look the skeletons there) but I kinda get the point,,

Anyway saigan, is that an early bosses or a kind of mid-story boss? (Looking the damage, it looks like a first 5 boss) or your party is simply overpowered?

A bit of both- he's the second online boss and both Yuu and Tenko/Mimas were of a higher level.

@saigan: I see that makes sense, but its still tough as a second boss.

Umm just wanna ask, does that mean there are offline bosses as well? Aren't the offline one is a time-limited gameplay?

wow, after see the video, i want to try the game it was cool when you guys protected mimas, when you push the boss.

i still want to see my buff/sap spells, how the job system work? like 9 ?

p.s the boss theme is $#!&ing epic

Edited by yarden

Umm just wanna ask, does that mean there are offline bosses as well? Aren't the offline one is a time-limited gameplay?

The initial leg of the game is offline but after that ends and your main character moves to the online story you can continue offline play as the sibling you create.

wow, after see the video, i want to try the game it was cool when you guys protected mimas, when you push the boss.

I think Mimas tossed "Oomph" my way during the fight actually. The Job system works very similarly to 9 but you can't hoard un-used skill points for other classes. Purchased skills do carry over though.

The initial leg of the game is offline but after that ends and your main character moves to the online story you can continue offline play as the sibling you create.

I think Mimas tossed "Oomph" my way during the fight actually. The Job system works very similarly to 9 but you can't hoard un-used skill points for other classes. Purchased skills do carry over though.

oh i will watch the video again looking for "oomph" saigan, how the citys in the game? there are many npc to speak to? i know you dont speak japanse but ...

also is true, that is very hard to survive in the battles without group? cause many pepoles who plays the game keep saying so, but i watch some videos, and i see some dude kick ass of the monsters when he alone.

You can group with hired characters, you don't need to actively play in a true group. Some classes do handle solo play better than others of course.

Yep, plenty of NPCs to speak to in the cities.