Mimas

DQX (JP) English Play Guide

HPs are 戦士 (basic) 武闘家 (basic) 魔法戦士 (quest) and パラディン (quest)

Got a question if anyone's willing to answer, do we get to change our race as well as class later on?

Only between your the race you chose at the beginning and your human form.  You can never, for example, change between Elf and Ogre

Hello everyone! i'm new here and I have been pulling my hair out trying to get DQX on Wii U to work. I've almost had it working once or twice but my wii U never wants to connect. I kinda have a crappy pc. Its an HP running Windows XP. And I have an Overplay VPN running as well. I've been trying to use a lan adapter from my pc to the wii u, but I just can't seem to bridge the connection and have it running. So I'm all out of ideas and I was hoping you guys could give me some pointers, maybe even a step by step list to follow and every specific piece in your hardware setup. I'll follow it exactly because I'm just so desperate to have this game up so I can finally play.

Megalosaro - Thanks, good to know... Will make deciding on a race a little bit more difficult!

How do you earn/get lottery tickets?

I've played the lottery before but I had received tickets in the mail through a promotion or something..

Get them through Magical Labyrinth's boss chest, several daily quests in the first railroad towns, and/or get them through 'iraisho' quests.

I'm using Softether and it seems I picked a VPN that has a lot of lag which makes the game unplayable. Anyone know a fast VPN, and will I need to reset my password if my IP changes, if so how hard is it?

On the Wii version it just makes me enter my birthdate if I change my IP address.  I was trying to help someone the other day with this and when they changed over to the VPN it said that there was suspicious activity and the account had been locked.  I'm not sure if that lock would have worn off or if they were gonna be forced to change their password.  It sent them an email but they gave up without even trying to change the password.

Had to reset my password, but at least the game is playable now (doesn't take forever for the menu to show up, for example).

So my free trial period ran out. How do I go about buying a subscription? Think I found the billing page but it wants a Japanese address. What's the easiest way around this?

Easiest way for me was to find a hotel address in japan and use that. then goto the recurring billing ( just highlight the button and look at your browser in bottom right corner, it shows the link in english ) and add a cred card info. 

So my free trial period ran out. How do I go about buying a subscription? Think I found the billing page but it wants a Japanese address. What's the easiest way around this?

Possibly could go through Tenso, but if they start sending you junk mail you may have to pay to have it shipped:

http://www.tenso.com/en/

Ok, lets start from the beginning.

What is absolute step one for getting started with DQX PC?  I take it I can't just download the Nivdia benchmark to get it going, so... buy it from Amazon.co.jp?

Get SoftEther set up + a Japanese SE account?

Oh, is there any kind of trial version going? I thought I heard about this somewhere. I really don't want to invest in a full version right now but I would like to knock around in it for a week or two. 

Oh man so I just did a magic labyrinth on my own and I apparently made two new Japanese friends because... Idunno. *panics*

Oh, is there any kind of trial version going? I thought I heard about this somewhere. I really don't want to invest in a full version right now but I would like to knock around in it for a week or two.

There is a trial going on you have to sign up for a square account and then get it through square's site or one of the retailers such as amazon japan. I posted a quick walkthrough to sign up for a Square-Enix account and get the trial here: http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28719

Edited by Ashes

the top says something like "important newsletters for our guests". They're general announcements (1-3 pages worth when you log in).

It's fine, don't worry about it.

It won't let me play, though. It just logs off afterwards. 

That's weird I get the same message when I log on after the launchers but when I press "A" it lets me through to the choices to get in.