Mimas

DQX (JP) English Play Guide

If anyone's interested, I wrote a German Beta tutorial. It may be helpful for English speakers as well, as there are lots of screenshots. It covers creating an SE account, the benchmark test, installation of the game and setting up an VPN. I will add a fifth step about actually playing the game soon.

Edited by bjaxx87

Since it seems like some people are sort of abusing the VPN (I'll explain what I mean), I'm gonna go ahead and list some rules I found are good to follow so far.

1.) If your getting a connection Error from Server 4 on Overplay, don't keep trying to spam connect to the game; wait awhile and come back to try again. A few people here have already gotten their account locked (temporarily).

2.) If you have to log in to play offline (I haven't played beta so this part is speculation from what I've seen), and you plan to eventually play online; DO NOT LOG ON WITHOUT A VPN. SQ can see that, and it's called IP hopping; they will ban you permanently eventually, as even though people get out of Japan errors in Japan, their IP doesn't come up as American or otherwise.

3.) Be careful what you say or do in game, do not give any hint your foreign unless to forum members in in-game private messages.

Remember, a VPN ban isn't just for one person, it's for everyone who plays, and enjoys using it.

Can somebody tell me how I should go about doing quest number 30? (the one that allows you to store gold), I never earned enough money to bother, but now that I'm saving for Lv.60 gear, and have to fight some deadly monsters and bosses in my quest for the Shield of Kings, I really need it as not to loose my progress this far haha.

Also there is a Team (Guild) recruiting now, that is supportive of both japanese and english speaking players, so it might be a good places for us forum members to get together. If your interested PM me, and Ill work out an invite.

P.S. My Wii keyboard broke today, but I'm getting a new one within the week.

Can somebody tell me how I should go about doing quest number 30? (the one that allows you to store gold),

Quest Requirement: Level 10

You need to fight Bubble Slimes until they drop Kirameki Ink. (It is a special item, not the type that shows up in the normal bag).

Ok so I did the Dungeon Key quest, and the bank quest. Im trying to turn my lottery tickets in at Glen but im not sure how, none of the options are working on the NPC. To be honest though im not sure how the whole lottery thing works, can someone explain it to me? I'm reading japanese FAQ's but they're not very straightforward.

For the lottery you need to talk to the guy in the yellow outfit in the inn in Glen. The same one that gives you Genki Dama. I believe you do not have to have done the quest to use the concierge before you can do the lottery, but if you haven't done that quest yet you should. The option should be the one on the top ふくびきをする and then agree to give up a lottery ticket. You should then hear a rustling sound and a ball will drop. The color of the ball indicates your prize. A possible problem you may be encountering is that you need room for the prize in your bag before you can do the lottery.

I realized soon after I posted that my inv. was full, although I have yet to actually try the lottery (I'll do it tomorrow when I do the daily Random Dungeon).

That was the other thing I've been meaning to ask (sorry for all the questions recently by the way, I've got along so easily in the game before now haha) how does one get their Genki Dama, and what do they do to get more?

Quick question, what method should I do to gain access to Online mode via a VPN?

I tried a FlyVPN and SoftEther VPN Client Manager (tutorial that you did) and I always have a message telling me that I do not just connect when I'm in the game when choosing his part. If you have the solution that would be great, thank you in advance.

I realized soon after I posted that my inv. was full, although I have yet to actually try the lottery (I'll do it tomorrow when I do the daily Random Dungeon).

That was the other thing I've been meaning to ask (sorry for all the questions recently by the way, I've got along so easily in the game before now haha) how does one get their Genki Dama, and what do they do to get more?

For every hour that you are not playing the game you get another hour saved up (Max 440 hours). When you go to the concierge  you have the choice to redeem this time for Genki Dama. One Genki Dama costs 22 hours and gives you half an hour of double the experience and gold while you use  it. You also now have the option of asking for a small Genki Dama which gives you 10 minutes and costs 11 hours, or a Super Genki Dama that lasts 30 minutes, but covers the other people in your party as well and costs as much as 88 hours. Using one puts you in "Genki Time" and when not in battle it displays how much time you have remaining in the upper left hand portion of the screen. Friends can also see that you are in Genki Time, but they cannot see how much time you have remaining (but party members can).

^From what I can tell the coinage NPC wont let you take out Genki or use the Lottery until you complete the quest. I've tried every option with an empty inventory and it just ends up in text loops. When I looked for faqs on quest number 32 the translation came out something like...

"Get ​​Astor bromide to defeat the numbness broadsword or orders and Lilliput from Usher inn around the country
(ã—ã³ã‚Œã ã‚“ã³ã‚‰ã¯ã€ã‚ªãƒ¼ã‚°ãƒªãƒ¼ãƒ‰å¤§é™¸ã®ã‚°ãƒ¬ãƒ³è¥¿ã®å—部ã§ã¯2~3匹ã§å‡ºã‚‹ã®ã§æ³¨æ„。ドワãƒãƒ£ãƒƒã‚«å¤§é™¸ã®ãƒ¢ã‚¬ãƒªãƒ è¡—é“ã‚„ã€ã‚¨ãƒ«ãƒˆãƒŠã¯ã‚­ãƒªã‚«è‰åŽŸã§ã¯1匹ã§å‡ºç¾ã€‚リリパットã¯ãƒ—クランドã®ãƒãƒ¼ãƒãƒ©åœ°æ–¹è¥¿éƒ¨ã€ã‚¦ã‚§ãƒŠã¯ãƒ¬ãƒ¼ãƒŠãƒ ç·‘野ã«å‡ºç¾ã€‚) The (numbness broadsword, Popora local western Pukurando,. Lilliput appearance U~ena in one animal in Kirika and grasslands Mogarimu Road of. Dowachakka continent note, is Erutona since come out in two to three dogs in the south of Glen west of Eau Greed continent appearance. Renamu to the Greenfields)
・宿ã®æ¡ˆå†…ä¿‚ã«ã‚¢ã‚¹ãƒˆãƒ«ãƒ‹ã‚¦ãƒ ã‚’渡㙠- I pass the Astor bromide to usher of inn"

Though I'm not sure what any of that means..

Remember where the Golem was that you had to fight to change quests? On your way there are swords. Fight those till you get the drop.

I wanted to say a big, big thank you to Mimas who has helped me many times in DQX, through both forum and actual in-game support!

^Yes, you can do it so party members get a Genki boost.

Though Im not sure what you have to do to start saving hours, I thought it would be automatic, but apparently I have 0 in storage haha.

Do party members get a genki  boost?

No, unless you used a Super Genkidama (超元気玉) which gives the party 2x EXP and gold for 30min and costs 88 hours of offline time to trade in for one. Unless you know you'll be partying with actual players it's better to just stick with regular Genkidamas.

There are some questions in my head, I'd like to get rid of... ;)

1.) ^ What's a "genki boost"? Is it the Japanese name for "tension"?

2.) Those NPC-comrades you can hire at the tavern are characters of real players, which are currently offline - correct? So if you "lend" your character, what happens, if you try to log in, while someone else has him in his party? And what is your benefit of lending your character? The characters I hired recently didn't seem to earn experience points.

3.) I had to force my game to shut down a few times. I didn't lose any progress! So, what's the meaning of confessing at the church, if you don't need to save?

4.) Often other people cheer for me while I'm fighting.

- What option of the "common sayings-menu" would be an appropriate answer to thank them?

- What's my benefit of getting cheered? Higher stats during the fight?

- How do I cheer for other people?

5.) Is there a way to raise the amount of my MP? I'm a fighter and currently have 15 MP. As a good clawfighting-skill costs 3 MP, I have to return to standard attacks after only 5 rounds. Is gaining higher levels and the use of magic water my only solution?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by bjaxx87

There are some questions in my head, I'd like to get rid of... ;)

1.) ^ What's a "genki boost"? Is it the Japanese name for "tension"?

2.) Those NPC-comrades you can hire at the tavern are characters of real players, which are currently offline - correct? So if you "lend" your character, what happens, if you try to log in, while someone else has him in his party? And what is your benefit of lending your character? The characters I hired recently didn't seem to earn experience points.

3.) I had to force my game to shut down a few times. I didn't lose any progress! So, what's the meaning of confessing at the church, if you don't need to save?

4.) Often other people cheer for me while I'm fighting.

- What option of the "common sayings-menu" would be an appropriate answer to thank them?

- What's my benefit of getting cheered? Higher stats during the fight?

- How do I cheer for other people?

5.) Is there a way to raise the amount of my MP? I'm a fighter and currently have 15 MP. As a good clawfighting-skill costs 3 MP, I have to return to standard attacks after only 5 rounds. Is gaining higher levels and the use of magic water my only solution?

Thanks in advance!

1) Genki boost is 2x EXP and gold for battles while it lasts. Small Genkidamas give you 10 min, regular give you 30 min, and super gives your whole party 30 min.

2) They're offline players. If you login nothing happens to your AI character, heck, if someone that you know hires you it is possible to be in a party with yourself. Putting yourself up for hire earns you EXP, gold and fame when you login based on how much EXP, gold and fame people earned through battles while using your character while you were offline.

3) It sets your revive point to that church if you die.

4) The first one assuming you haven't changed any of them. Cheering raises your party's tension one stage and to cheer for other players simply examine them while they are in battle and choose the top option.

5) MP Passives from Mage, Priest, Sage, Magic Knight, a hat with +MP, and a hirameki accessory obtained by trading in 30 mini medals.

Thank you for your answers!  :thumbsup: You're a great help! 

1) Genki boost is 2x EXP and gold for battles while it lasts. Small Genkidamas give you 10 min, regular give you 30 min, and super gives your whole party 30 min.

Okay, that's cool! But how do I use genkidamas? I only know of its existence since someone mentioned it in the board.

2) They're offline players. If you login nothing happens to your AI character, heck, if someone that you know hires you it is possible to be in a party with yourself. Putting yourself up for hire earns you EXP, gold and fame when you login based on how much EXP, gold and fame people earned through battles while using your character while you were offline.

Nice! Can you explain step by step how I put my char up for hire? That would be awesome!

Thank you for your answers!  :thumbsup: You're a great help! 

Okay, that's cool! But how do I use genkidamas? I only know of its existence since someone mentioned it in the board.

Nice! Can you explain step by step how I put my char up for hire? That would be awesome!

In the full game it prompts you before you log off to register your character if you've completed quest 31 to unlock AI partners.

I'm assuming the beta doesn't do this since you're asking. In that case:

1 - Complete quest 31 (any level). Requires a ã•ãˆãšã‚Šã®ã¿ã¤ which can be bought from the material shop in å¨¯æ¥½å³¶ãƒ©ãƒƒã‚«ãƒ©ãƒ³ or the bazaar.

2 - At the bar choose the 2nd or 3rd option (I really can't remember which one. One of them lets you choose AI partners to get rid of and the other is to register yourself)

3 - You'll then be given a screen where you can do the following:

- Write a comment. Just something short to let others know about your character's strengths.

On Martial Artist I use: æ”»262 MP120 タイガー ã²ã‚‰ã‚ã

Which lets people know when scrolling through the list that I have 262 attack, 120 MP, Tiger Claw, and a hirameki. If you don't know what to write just leave it empty.

- Choose who can hire your character (Default is "anyone is ok"). It's best to leave this alone unless you only want your friends or team members hiring you.

The last option on the screen registers your character and logs you off.

Great! Thanks again! I could use some extra EXP, so this is awesome ^^. My description: 攻### MP### ウィングブロウ 裂鋼拳

(Those are the two skills I learned so far)

I just hope I can copy and paste it into the game, as I don't know how to write it.

About the genkidamas: Is it an actual skill? If yes, can any class learn it?

Great! Thanks again! I could use some extra EXP, so this is awesome ^^. My description: 攻### MP### ウィングブロウ 裂鋼拳

(Those are the two skills I learned so far)

I just hope I can copy and paste it into the game, as I don't know how to write it.

About the genkidamas: Is it an actual skill? If yes, can any class learn it?

No they're items obtained by trading in your offline hours at an NPC in the Inns of major towns but it requires a lv15 quest (Quest 32) to unlock. It's the same quest MoonKnight and Mimas were discussing earlier on this page so just scroll up and check out the details.  :)

Now if it is even possible for people playing the beta to trade in hours for them... I dunno I don't play the beta. 

Oh, okay, thank you (again ^^)!

I'll check out the youtube guide then:

I'm trying to beat the Quest 191 (Level 60-65 Limit Break type quest), and beating these Dark Panthers is impossible!! Is there a place where you don't have to fight two at once? Or at least a way to make this easier somehow? I mean they hit pretty much everyone in my party, with 300+ HP, for half their hit points every attack. I managed to kill 2 because of Giga Slash spams before I almost wiped the next fight (everyone died except me). Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

P.S. I was fighting in them in the area near the Weddie city. 

I'm trying to beat the Quest 191 (Level 60-65 Limit Break type quest), and beating these Dark Panthers is impossible!! Is there a place where you don't have to fight two at once? Or at least a way to make this easier somehow? I mean they hit pretty much everyone in my party, with 300+ HP, for half their hit points every attack. I managed to kill 2 because of Giga Slash spams before I almost wiped the next fight (everyone died except me). Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

P.S. I was fighting in them in the area near the Weddie city. 

Every area I tried always had them show up in groups of 2. The only thing you can really do is spam War Cry (from Martial Artist's focus tree) and hope it shocks at least 1 of them or just strike them down as quickly as possible.

^I was finally able to get it accomplished yesterday with help from our friendly neighborhood Mimas! Good thing too, I was getting killed a ton before that, although part of it was probably my party set up. Anyway now that I'm getting ready to hit end-game and just fine tuning my stats, what basic classes (ones you don't have to do quests for) give an HP bonus? I'm only at a very low Hp of about 235, and need some upgrades on that ASAP to compete with other warriors my level.