Mimas

DQX (JP) English Play Guide

Greetings I am new to this forum and Dragon Quest 10

I have almost beaten the initial offline mode of the game but I am dreading setting up for the online mode so I just want to check with others to see if I understand the 5 step process as described in the game pamphlet. I understand a basic level of Japanese and even some Kanji, but some of the technical terms that are not in katakana are still challenging for me.

First let me provide my setup: I have a Japanese Wii U (nothing modified), A Wii U version of the game, USB 16 GB (already installed successfully), I am currently living in japan so I do have a Japanese address, I want to pay using Wii points rather than a credit card in which I currently hold 2000 of them, I have not setup an account with square enix Japan.

The pre-step as described in the pamphlet requires me to make it to the end of the offline mode and create a new character ( I plan to make an elf by the way). 

Step 1: This step scares me because of the large number of warning and side notes involved within the pamphlet. Gathering from what I can read, since I don't have an account yet, I need to create an I.D. and password. I feel as if passing this step will be a major hurdle primarily because I am not sure of all the rules and options. This is the step I need the most advice on.

Step 2: I have to put in credit card information but I heard that I can use points instead for the payment process. Help on how to use points on this step instead of a credit card would also be appreciated.

Step 3: Registration code, pretty self explanatory as it came with the game.

Step 4: Make a name for the character ( I will use the same name for continuity purposes)

Step 5: Pick server, though I am not locked in to a server (which is nice) and begin playing

Thank you for any help you can provide especially with steps one and two. In addition, I would like to play with others if at all possible.

Thank you for your time

Step 1: This step scares me because of the large number of warning and side notes involved within the pamphlet. Gathering from what I can read, since I don't have an account yet, I need to create an I.D. and password. I feel as if passing this step will be a major hurdle primarily because I am not sure of all the rules and options. This is the step I need the most advice on.

img3_401.jpg

First it asks you if you already have a Square Enix Account. You can answer no for this.

img3_402.jpg

Then check the box to say that you agree to the terms of service.

Step 2: I have to put in credit card information but I heard that I can use points instead for the payment process. Help on how to use points on this step instead of a credit card would also be appreciated.

When it says "クレジットカードを登録" choose いいえ

With a new account you get 20 free days so you don't have to worry about buying more time yet. But when you do, here are the steps.

1.Start Up DQX

2.Choose the player and start online.

3.Login

4.From the menu choose 利用券メニュー then 利用券を購入する

5.Choose the number of days you are purchasing (you should already have Wii Points in your Wii account before you do this).

6.A warning will be displayed

7. Choose 購入する

After about 3 1/2 hours yesterday I finally reached the title screen of the Wii U version of DQX! Hopefully I'll be able to get this VPN working and be online before Friday.

Thank you for your help, I managed to get through and am thoroughly enjoying the game so far. If anyone is just starting or playing this game in the low level areas I am more than willing to play with you. I am an elf Monk (I think that is the class name) at around level 9 so far.

My lowest level is 42, but feel free to PM me your information and I will add you to my friends list and help you out if you want. Power leveling, bosses, or tips I am here to help.

大æˆåŠŸï½žï¼ï¼

VPN worked like a charm and I finished creating my account. I should probably connect my laptop physically to my router... sort of bouncing two wireless signals here but for now! Time to start playing.

What VPN services are people using with this? I'm thinking about giving the PC beta a try. 

Probably not, I'm guessing.  You're restricted to two beta servers.

I use SoftEther VPN Client Manager.

Which VPN service are you guys using?

Yeah, I was trying to find that one but haven't been able to, we should write up a guide for this and get as many people on it as possible :)

Nevermind I figured it out :) Thanks

hello guys ! :)

I am new to this forum, and i am french (then sorry for my english lol)

i have a question about Dragon Quest X.

I actually play DQX on PC with the beta test, and thanks to the tutorial of "Giuseppe Nelva" & "cranberry", i was able to respectively install, play, and finish the first part of offline mode ! :)

But, unfortunally, i can't play the 2nd part of offline mode, maybe because of the beta test limitation ?

PS: Thanks Saigan, i really appreciate your videos "let's play dragon quest X" ! :)

Edited by Riatsila

I only got to where I could select myself, not sure if that is far enough to validate the online will work, but this is how I connected to a Japanese VPN.

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq10wii/vpnsetup.htm

Wasn't able to log in today, think I missed the beta test window. Not sure though, will try again tomorrow.

Any suggestions on where to go after beating the first boss in Pukuripo land, then getting my Ruura Stone?

Any suggestions on where to go after beating the first boss in Pukuripo land, then getting my Ruura Stone?

Checking the Beta page, you are extremely limited. You can't finish any more of the story quests (other than helping other people at their starting race city). That could be fun depending on your Japanese communication skill level. If you haven't done the quests for support comrades that would be good to do. I would recommend wandering around Glen Castle Town and taking up quests and getting to know the area. You might want to give crafting a try. You should be able to do every craft other than wood working and armor making. That way you can choose what you want to do when the real game comes out as well.

Hello guys :)

Open Beta will re-open in 1 hour, and my vpn japan work well, so witch server i need to choose to join you (mimas, Woodus, saigan) ? ;)

I don't think we can play with people playing the full retail game.  We're limited to two Beta servers

Hello guys :)

Open Beta will re-open in 1 hour, and my vpn japan work well, so witch server i need to choose to join you (mimas, Woodus, saigan) ? ;)

Does the beta even use the same servers as the full game? Mimas is usually on server 33 and I'm usually on server 18/34.

WTF ?...

iq.png

It's say :

"Due to a change in your connection setting or suspicious activity, access to your account has been temporarily blocked."

Omg... -_-'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok then,

I recreate a new account japan.

But now, There are a new problem !

in fact, now, Square Enix ask us to connect in our account (japan) and add the "dragon quest X" Service...

When i go to my japan account, i have nothing to activate, and i haven't receive any code to do that (like beta of FF14 : ARR)

So, How can we do that ? plz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I try to activate it in my account :

t3l.png

But there a no button or other thing to activate my dragon quest X account... :(

like we are here (Final fantasy XI for exemple) :

1xu.png

If someone have any idea to share with me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok then, nevermind, square enix just ban again my new account...

We definitively can't play Beta PC (even with an Open VPN Japan server)...

;(

Edited by Riatsila

I get that all the time.  No need to create a new account.  They should have sent you an email to the account you registered with.  All you have to do is change your password

I wonder if theirs any text or data handled server side that cannot be translated.  Would like to see how long it would take for a group of people to release their first PC patch once DQXPC gets out of beta. 

Though, im hoping SE will realize western interest with this finally and begin localizing it.